Hero Mech

12 replies to this topic

#1 multisoul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • 327 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:50 AM

i have enough MC for a hero Heavy or lighter. What you say? Cheers!

#2 MrMarkusCZ

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 52 posts
  • LocationPrague

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:16 AM

As always it depends on your preferences. In my case it was very simple and I selected Warhawk. You will get fast assault with many possible configurations - dual gauss, 5xERLL, 4xLPL (clans have nice range) and the best monster to the end : 4x SRM6+A with LB20X AC for brawl :) It will be interesting time in group queue.

#3 BigBaka

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:44 AM

LOL Markus. You r drunk again haha. He is asking for an hero mech not the reward for having 40 points :P

Heroes on my wishlist in range would be the Grid Iron or Firebrand. I do have all the useful lighter ones through. Huginn or Oxide are great light gunboats if you are into SRMs. I would recommend the Grid Iron if you are comfortable with gauss.

PS. Or you can just save the MC and hope for the Wubwub hero ^^

Edited by BigBaka, 29 April 2015 - 09:47 AM.

#4 MrMarkusCZ

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 52 posts
  • LocationPrague

Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:02 AM

LOL you are almost true Baka! :) I wrote it from work in stress and read only title probably so my response is that out off topic, sorry! So better response : Huggin, Ember, Oxide. I cannot recommend any heavy hero with current quirks :(

#5 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 April 2015 - 03:43 PM

A True Marik would pick the Orion Protector! Because a Marik MechWarrior can never have too many Orions.

Nah, but seriously, pick what you want.

#6 Firearrow

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 05:07 PM

View PostTripleEhBeef, on 29 April 2015 - 03:43 PM, said:

A True Marik would pick the Orion Protector! Because a Marik MechWarrior can never have too many Orions.

Truer words have never been spoken.

#7 PerfectDuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 328 posts
  • LocationLenexa, KS

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:36 PM

Well, speaking strictly about CW here, based on what I've seen on the battlefield, the three most used hero mechs put in players' drop decks in Community Warfare are RVN-Huginn, STK-Misery, and HBK-Grid Iron. All are great choices.

The Locust Pirate's Bane is also popular as a 169kph ECM-carrier. Its scouting ability is incredibly useful toward finding where the enemy is coming from on the large maps Hellebore Springs and Sulfurous Rift. Equipping it with 2 small and 2 med pulse makes it like a faster but more fragile Spider-D; more useful for diverting enemy attention and disruption than straight-up fighting. Being only 20 tons, Pirate's Bane makes some interesting deck arrangements possible for Assault 'mech enthusiasts. Wouldn't bother with it outside of CW though.

#8 Stormthorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:42 PM

I say go for the Huggin. It is a glass cannon that is a great choice for CW and pub queue.

if you don't want a Huggin, I think a Ilya Muromrets is pretty fun too. It has a number of ballistics hardpoints that grant you some decent variety in builds, the 3 UAC5 being my favorite.

Edited by Stormthorn, 29 April 2015 - 10:42 PM.

#9 multisoul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • 327 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:42 AM

View PostMrMarkusCZ, on 29 April 2015 - 08:16 AM, said:

As always it depends on your preferences. In my case it was very simple and I selected Warhawk. You will get fast assault with many possible configurations - dual gauss, 5xERLL, 4xLPL (clans have nice range) and the best monster to the end : 4x SRM6+A with LB20X AC for brawl :) It will be interesting time in group queue.

View PostTripleEhBeef, on 29 April 2015 - 03:43 PM, said:

there is no question about the choice, Marik loyalist
Banshee is one of my favorites
Orion Must be the choice, if MC is not enough it will be postponed

10x for feedback

#10 Lightning0861

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 60 posts
  • LocationBerenson, Free Worlds League

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:16 AM

I agree I did the same with the Orions as a Marik Loyalist. I will admit I am new to the mech and having issues with its low slung laser arms.

#11 MrMarkusCZ

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 52 posts
  • LocationPrague

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:21 AM

Loyalist with clan mechs? No problem ;) I hope there will be some very special possibility to do similar tech capture in MWO too (for example pay many GXP and cbills for such unlock).

http://en.wikipedia....1426_Flight_RAF

Back to main topic. Orion? I really love that mech and tried much be competitive with it but I failed. Low hardpoints and really bad side torso hitboxes is bad combination. I fully understand loyalist point-of-view and I like such players. I hope you will be able to find some build you will really like. But I really cannot recommend that mech to you.

#12 multisoul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • 327 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:32 PM

View PostMrMarkusCZ, on 30 April 2015 - 08:21 AM, said:

Loyalist with clan mechs? No problem ;) I hope there will be some very special possibility to do similar tech capture in MWO too (for example pay many GXP and cbills for such unlock).

http://en.wikipedia....1426_Flight_RAF

Back to main topic. Orion? I really love that mech and tried much be competitive with it but I failed. Low hardpoints and really bad side torso hitboxes is bad combination. I fully understand loyalist point-of-view and I like such players. I hope you will be able to find some build you will really like. But I really cannot recommend that mech to you.

i thought so about CTF for a short time, but call me The Cataphracter now, and the one with 4xguns has real low hard points, but i love it

#13 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 06 May 2015 - 05:09 AM

I own the Pirates Bane, Higgin, Sparky, Firebrand, and Misery. My favorites are the lights, but I am a light pilot. Next would be the Sparky followed by the Misery. I like the Firebrand when I bought it, but I just find I don't play it now. I admit I like speed and brawling best.

As always get a Hero of a class you like to play and a role you like to play. Everything else will fall into place then.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users