#361 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 23 June 2015 - 01:11 AM

View PostGattsus, on 22 June 2015 - 01:17 AM, said:

I don't know, for two more tonnes you get an c-UAC/20, that's it double the damage for "just" 20% more weight, though is 3 times the heat.

Having said this, a lot of people has "complained" about the c-UAC10, that is in an uncomfortable tier.

With the speed increase it is slightly desireable over the C-UAC5, if you can fit it. However the insane heat nerfs to clan weapons really hinder them.

#362 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:51 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 09 June 2015 - 03:00 AM, said:

I'm just wandering what quirks the Black Knight will have... Since it can, as it stands now, mount 10 lasers at once..and it has ONLY lasers.. will it have +6% laser duration and cooldown per mech section like the Timberwolf has after the nerf...

If not, then I'm shure it will be OP on day one.. At least that's what everyone was saying for the Timberwolf and its lasers womit builds..

Another chance for PGI to show it's balancing skills... or prove once and for all that it heavily favors the Inner Sphere..

Can't wait to see... Your move PGI..

P.S.

I think it looks awesome! Much nicer than the black knight from MW4..

The Black Knight needs buffs from quirks lol, not nerfs.

Given that its very similar to a TDR-5SS (all energy, spread all over the mech, no JJs) it had BETTER be able to compete with one (and WIN, its 10 tons heavier). That means its going to need energy quirks on at least a comparable level, or the 5SS is going to need tuning down. Getting a little bit annoyed by every IS new energy boat being being a pale shadow of the 5SS since PGI arent giving new mechs good weapon quirks.

#363 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:51 PM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 23 June 2015 - 03:51 AM, said:

The Black Knight needs buffs from quirks lol, not nerfs.

Given that its very similar to a TDR-5SS (all energy, spread all over the mech, no JJs) it had BETTER be able to compete with one (and WIN, its 10 tons heavier). That means its going to need energy quirks on at least a comparable level, or the 5SS is going to need tuning down. Getting a little bit annoyed by every IS new energy boat being being a pale shadow of the 5SS since PGI arent giving new mechs good weapon quirks.

I guarantee you that it will have smaller hit locations than the TDR, all of the Resistance mechs have smaller than average hit locations.

#364 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:15 AM

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey...so now that the Wave Three mechs are all out, can we start getting some teasers on this package? Peeekchurs.

#365 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:49 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 09 June 2015 - 03:00 AM, said:

I'm just wandering what quirks the Black Knight will have... Since it can, as it stands now, mount 10 lasers at once..and it has ONLY lasers.. will it have +6% laser duration and cooldown per mech section like the Timberwolf has after the nerf...

If not, then I'm shure it will be OP on day one.. At least that's what everyone was saying for the Timberwolf and its lasers womit builds..

Another chance for PGI to show it's balancing skills... or prove once and for all that it heavily favors the Inner Sphere..

Can't wait to see... Your move PGI..

P.S.

I think it looks awesome! Much nicer than the black knight from MW4..

Lol is this a joke? It has 9 hardpoints not 10. It will also need SIGNIFICANT buffs to compete with a Timber Wolf, and we can amost guarantee that it will not get what it needs to be competitive, based on the Resistance pack.

#366 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:58 AM

You know what would be an incredible buff, though? A Hatchetman.

Posted Image

#367 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,624 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:37 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 04 August 2015 - 07:58 AM, said:

You know what would be an incredible buff, though? A Hatchetman.

Posted Image

1st, the developers have to work out the collisions for Ax, Hammer, and Sword, amongst all the rest of the code. Now given that we have Myomer Acceleration System Circuitry, or MASC for short, I don't see how we can't have that at any given time in the future. Meaning, it may or may not happen.

2nd, the community is going to have to raise their voices louder than a whisper to get Russ' Attention. Meaning, we need to convince him, not ourselves, into believing we want this. And I know I do want this to happen. . . cause the Hatchet is my numero uno, amigo when it comes to Hatchet wielding `Mechs. :)

You got my vote with two thumbs up!

And by the way, the Hatchet has to be in hand, not on the forearm, in order for the hatchet to work for this `Mech.

#368 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:44 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 24 June 2015 - 09:51 PM, said:

I guarantee you that it will have smaller hit locations than the TDR, all of the Resistance mechs have smaller than average hit locations.

The TDR is tanky as hell with a STD engine, mechs arent hard to hit. Offensive power is important, and if PGI continues to leave the 5SS as is without giving meaningful offensive quirks to newer mechs they will continue to be ignored in favour of the 5SS. Im not saying they have to be as strong as the 5SS quirks, but they must exist - I guarantee that a Black Knight without, at minimum, 10% energy range and 10% energy heat gen will be completely ignored, especially at 10 tons heavier than the Thud.

#369 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 04 August 2015 - 09:31 AM

View PostHawk819, on 04 August 2015 - 08:37 AM, said:

1st, the developers have to work out the collisions for Ax, Hammer, and Sword, amongst all the rest of the code. Now given that we have Myomer Acceleration System Circuitry, or MASC for short, I don't see how we can't have that at any given time in the future. Meaning, it may or may not happen.

2nd, the community is going to have to raise their voices louder than a whisper to get Russ' Attention. Meaning, we need to convince him, not ourselves, into believing we want this. And I know I do want this to happen. . . cause the Hatchet is my numero uno, amigo when it comes to Hatchet wielding `Mechs. :)

You got my vote with two thumbs up!

And by the way, the Hatchet has to be in hand, not on the forearm, in order for the hatchet to work for this `Mech.

Oh, I know where the hatchet's supposed to go. My thought on the design was twofold: make it so that the model could work without the hatchet (just in case PGI didn't implement melee, we'd still get our mech), and then a whole host of in-game reasons - animations could be reduced to a karate chop instead of a menagerie of motions, a hatchet would make the right arm real easy to hit in an FPS and would be an obvious (large) target.

Making-noise-wise, that's why I keep bringing up the Hatchetman in literally every post PGI might be paying attention to. JOIN ME. :D

Edited by Dawnstealer, 04 August 2015 - 09:36 AM.

#370 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 12:00 PM

View Postsycocys, on 30 April 2015 - 11:24 AM, said:

Purchased - if anyone at PGI actually reads these forums - This purchase was my last offering in the hope that you actually begin to provide us with a Mechwarrior game.

It's getting quite tiresome watching you fumble around and never move the game beyond the assault mode we had in closed beta.

Add some depth and make this the immersive game you sold us on years ago.

I am starting to feel the same way sir.

As much as I enjoy the highly detailed 'Mechs and the multiplayer gameplay; it is not where I wanted my most beloved series to end up. I want to be immersed in a story drenched in lore and filled with suspense, wonder, and all out awesomeness. I want a real game experience and not just a multiplayer component.

I wonder just how much they have made so far and if they already have enough to develop a real MechWarrior game like the trailer I nerdgasmed over all those years ago...

Please PGI, please for the love of all things shiny and explosive, please give your fans what we've been waiting for... nay, hoping against all hope for since MW4 ended. I don't want to admit to how much I've given to your company, I don't want to think about how much I've given while I hope that someone listens and decides to actually go for it. We are watching and waiting to see if you have the courage to actually make something truly spectacular out of this series again.

In the mean time I will continue to slug it out in the combat arena that is online multiplayer and pretend/create my own story in my head. Maybe in my story Clan Ghost Bear and Clan Wolf join to create the most powerful clan in all the known sphere... Clan Ghost Bear Wolf!

#371 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:16 AM

View PostGrayson Sortek, on 04 August 2015 - 12:00 PM, said:

... Clan Ghost Bear Wolf!

I think "Clan Ghost Wolf" would be more metal.

So PGI? Preview shots? Four weeks of teasers? Something?

#372 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:06 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 05 August 2015 - 05:16 AM, said:

I think "Clan Ghost Wolf" would be more metal.

So PGI? Preview shots? Four weeks of teasers? Something?

Okay, but now say "Clan Ghost Bear Wolf" like you're Al Gore trying to be Batman... Similar to that episode of South Park.

#373 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:23 AM

View PostGrayson Sortek, on 07 August 2015 - 07:06 AM, said:

Okay, but now say "Clan Ghost Bear Wolf" like you're Al Gore trying to be Batman... Similar to that episode of South Park.

Half ghost, half bear, half wolf.

#374 rand0mc0nnecti0n

Rookie

• Fury
  • Fury
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:51 AM

So this package cant be preordered now right? Will only be available for cbills and MC months down the road?

#375 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:46 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 07 August 2015 - 07:23 AM, said:

Half ghost, half bear, half wolf.

All clan.

:lol:

#376 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 02:37 PM

View Postrand0mc0nnecti0n, on 07 August 2015 - 07:51 AM, said:

So this package cant be preordered now right? Will only be available for cbills and MC months down the road?

You can pre-order it now, you can't get the Early Adopter bonus anymore though.

#377 Volkite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 205 posts
  • LocationLand of deserts, Spiders, and bad innanet.

Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:38 PM

Which one of the 4 variants are going to be the pre-order one?

#378 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:48 PM

View PostMerovigian, on 10 August 2015 - 07:38 PM, said:

Which one of the 4 variants are going to be the pre-order one?

The one on the right

#379 Volkite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 205 posts
  • LocationLand of deserts, Spiders, and bad innanet.

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:44 AM

Thank you for that, now I can actually Sperg out and theorycraft.

#380 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 11 August 2015 - 07:31 AM

*waves arms, gesticulates wildly*

*sobs over Hatchetman sketch, sings and coos softly*

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users