Battle Of St. Ives (Part 2)

46 replies to this topic

#21 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:56 AM

View Postccrider, on 06 May 2015 - 01:06 AM, said:

We have to look at Liao. You guys only fight us, so we return the favor. And we found out today that when Kurita mercs attack us they won't defend when we return the favor. None of us enjoy ghost drops. Luckily I play mostly euro ceasefire so ghost drops are rare. And you'll notice we almost always will drop in defense. But give the 4x bigger faction thing a rest; most of our faction doesn't play cw unless there's an event. I think you'll find that almost all the factions have similar numbers of actual cw players if you discount mercs inflating certain factions numbers.

Really? The Tuk stats don't seem to bear that out. Plus Davion outnumbers Liao in the NA window bigtime. My guys tell me that last night it was 4-5 Dav strike teams vs. 2 Liao. I was also told that in one battle after HHoD got smashed, they literally said something like "meh, oh well, we have 5 other regiments." Pretending like your wins in NA window are due to your mad skillz and not your numbers would be like us saying that our TCAF planets were won only through skill and not numbers.

Although I will say this, when TCAF swarms, they also win the matches where they get opponents. Davions....not so much.

#22 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:00 PM

View PostFaith McCarron, on 06 May 2015 - 11:56 AM, said:

I was also told that in one battle after HHoD got smashed, they literally said something like "meh, oh well, we have 5 other regiments."

At least the Davrats are being honest with themselves this time around.

I will say though that last night we lost Teng because of one or two battles that would have saved it because of, let's say, unclear commands/plans because no one wanted to take command or unsure when someone was. What should have been easy wins were narrowly lost because of it.
This was, of course, after the rats had ghost dropped it to just over 50%.

On one hand none of us want one person demanding pure and unquestioning obedience every drop, but on the other we shouldn't be silent/talking about how cool elementals would be in MWO at the start of the drop until a few of the most inexperience pilots decide to step in and at least try but have half the group listen and half the group ignore him.

Edited by Maxwell Albritten, 06 May 2015 - 01:04 PM.

#23 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:33 PM

That's super funny. I seem to see more tcaf units than Davion during euro ceasefire. But I guess I should avoid them from now on? Do things the Liao way? Claiming you don't fight cause your outnumbered is lame. The new algorithm doesn't favor numbers. And let me know the next time you find all these Davion online, my unit is recruiting.

#24 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:41 PM

The tuk stats back up my numbers. All those solo Davion played because it was an event. Most are never willing to cw normally. Trust me, I form cw groups 5 days a week during breaks between jobs and getting 12 is hard in euro zone. I am never around for na ceasefire despite living here so I won't speak about numerical superiority there.

#25 Vas79

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 826 posts
  • LocationSt Ives, Capitol Apocalypse Lancer Compact

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:41 PM

Davions I believe that you have something of mine and I would like it back. We can do this the hard way or the easy way, your choice...

#26 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:44 PM

Is it my cataphract? Gimme a Caesar and you can have it.

#27 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:50 PM

View Postccrider, on 06 May 2015 - 01:41 PM, said:

The tuk stats back up my numbers. All those solo Davion played because it was an event. Most are never willing to cw normally. Trust me, I form cw groups 5 days a week during breaks between jobs and getting 12 is hard in euro zone. I am never around for na ceasefire despite living here so I won't speak about numerical superiority there.

Pour it on a little thicker.
I almost feel sorry for you...should I pat your head or do you want a candy?

#28 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:53 PM

What was that? You don't like the truth? The illusion of the golden zerg help you sleep at night when you lose planets to "the worst faction"? Give it a rest. Maybe you'd attract more people to your faction if there were fewer excuses.

#29 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:17 PM

View Postccrider, on 06 May 2015 - 06:53 PM, said:

What was that? You don't like the truth? The illusion of the golden zerg help you sleep at night when you lose planets to "the worst faction"? Give it a rest. Maybe you'd attract more people to your faction if there were fewer excuses.

We're talking truth truth, you're talking "Davion truth".

#30 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:21 PM

Is there a Maskirova agent looking over your shoulder while you type? The truth is, if Davion really had 2000+ members we'd own the Inner Sphere, even if we lost every single battle. You'd have Sian and we'd just ghost drop the hell out of everything else. since that hasn't occurred, maybe there aren't actually 2000+ Davions in CW. If solo que games start counting towards CW, then yes, you'll have a point. Until then, a brief boost from an event that drew in all the solo players so they could get a free 'Mech is hardly proof that Davion is a numberless horde. I hate typing on my phone. Bleah

Edited by ccrider, 06 May 2015 - 07:22 PM.

#31 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:22 PM

View Postccrider, on 06 May 2015 - 06:53 PM, said:

Haha!
Opinion tarted up as "Truth"...we seem to have attracted YOU.
What do you say to that oh, lore master?

#32 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:23 PM

View PostGorgo7, on 06 May 2015 - 07:22 PM, said:

Haha!
Opinion tarted up as "Truth"...we seem to have attracted YOU.
What do you say to that oh, lore master?

I like the color green. Painted all my 'Mechs green.

#33 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:53 AM

View Postccrider, on 06 May 2015 - 01:33 PM, said:

That's super funny. I seem to see more tcaf units than Davion during euro ceasefire. But I guess I should avoid them from now on? Do things the Liao way? Claiming you don't fight cause your outnumbered is lame. The new algorithm doesn't favor numbers. And let me know the next time you find all these Davion online, my unit is recruiting.

Who ever claimed we don't fight because we're outnumbered? I know Dav reading comprehension is bad, but come on. Outnumbered 3 and 4 to one in the NA Time zone, we constantly fight on, and win more than we lose when actual battles occur. We know we are likely going to lose the planet anyway, because we're down 3 or 4 strike teams to 1, but WE actually keep fighting the battles while you guys ghost the other tiles to victory. THAT is the Capellan spirit. YOU are the ones who claim that if you don't have a 3 to 1 advantage, that you don't bother showing up and just go to Arbys for some curly fries instead. So I'm not sure what you're talking about.

#34 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:31 AM

That statement was edited by one of your guys. We never said that. Go back and read the posts by Davion players. You won't see us saying that. Again, I never get to play during na ceasefire so I have no knowledge of what happens during it, but we fight, attack and defense during euro cycle. My issue isn't capellan resolve, its the misconception we only fight when we have numbers. That's ********. But keep on believing it while we keep on fighting tcaf. They are a great unit and battling them makes us better.

#35 ulrin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:09 AM

View PostMaxwell Albritten, on 30 April 2015 - 06:50 PM, said:

I wonder if they felt even an ounce of shame when they tried to swarm us before our units became Liao again.

Hmmm.... Do u feel urself an ounce (or maybe a ton) of shame for quitting ur lovely house while in tukkayid?
Liao just became clanners, cauz its easier... Are u still meriting to be IS ? I dont think

U Traitors ! U die !

Edit: I saw that ur in classment for Tukkayid as Liao... Can u precise what is that "Became Liao again" Part of u playing Clan while in event?

Edited by ulrin, 07 May 2015 - 03:21 AM.

#36 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:35 AM

View Postccrider, on 07 May 2015 - 02:31 AM, said:

That statement was edited by one of your guys. We never said that. Go back and read the posts by Davion players. You won't see us saying that. Again, I never get to play during na ceasefire so I have no knowledge of what happens during it, but we fight, attack and defense during euro cycle. My issue isn't capellan resolve, its the misconception we only fight when we have numbers. That's ********. But keep on believing it while we keep on fighting tcaf. They are a great unit and battling them makes us better.

HHoD OPENLY brags about it in NA drops.

View Postulrin, on 07 May 2015 - 03:09 AM, said:

Hmmm.... Do u feel urself an ounce (or maybe a ton) of shame for quitting ur lovely house while in tukkayid?
Liao just became clanners, cauz its easier... Are u still meriting to be IS ? I dont think

U Traitors ! U die !

Edit: I saw that ur in classment for Tukkayid as Liao... Can u precise what is that "Became Liao again" Part of u playing Clan while in event?

Don't speak unless you know what you're talking about, peasant. Nobody "went clan" during or before Tuk. During Tuk, both 4TCR and PMP fought with Liao. What Max is referring to is the 2 week window between when Russ announced there would be a map reset and when Tuk happened, many of us in 4TCR formed an expeditionary force to get loyalty rewards from other houses since the annoucement of the map reset meant any CW between then and Tuk was effectively "lame duck" time. During that period, we fought with both the FRR and Kurita AGAINST the clans. So go return to your silence in shame, peasant.

Edited by Faith McCarron, 07 May 2015 - 03:36 AM.

#37 ulrin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:04 AM

Ty for explaination, Now of course i can see my mistake. peasant... that's not an insult for me, so why not, even if that seam displaced. I like RP in that game, and clanner are Kerensky's Traitors for my IS pt of view. What ur team or other do dont concern me at all, as i dont take care of the MWO scene, and just play for fun.
And well shame for vid game? Muahaha

#38 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:30 AM

The HHoD recruit that made that comment about 5 more regiments was obviously just having a little fun and was not speaking seriously.. I saw the comment go by and I just chuckled.. It was in response to some liao prodding in chat so I paid it no mind and fought on... you should do the same IMO. B)

We (HHoD) had one company on that night, and I saw at least one more Dav team in the queue, but there was opposition all night too.. including several drops with the ghostly Orkdung and members of 4TCR... Great fights all night !! Had a blast ! See you all soon on the battlefield.. B)

@Vas.. have your people call my people... :)

#39 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:39 AM

View Postulrin, on 07 May 2015 - 03:09 AM, said:

U Traitors ! U die !

I was referring to how they reset all unit factions to neutral after Tukayyid and at the start of this round of beta.

Edited by Maxwell Albritten, 07 May 2015 - 04:40 AM.

#40 G-LOC

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 68 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:46 AM

Meanwhile...

On the other half of the Inner sphere way more fun fights are going on against the clans which people actually care about. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users