Who Makes The Best Mech Models Based On Mwo?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Rain Dark Sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 06:14 PM

And/or should I look into 3D printing my own?

Not looking looking to spend more than ~$50 but I want a kit fox REAL bad.

Any tutorials on ripping game files into 3D printable files?

#2 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 06:58 PM

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're asking, but are you looking to make a miniature? Or are you trying to recreate the kit fox onto a program of some kind?

If it's the latter, take a look at Corridor Digital, or ask the guy who runs Astartes on youtube what type of programming they run when they render.

Edit - Recreating a model of anything requires a lot of work. I'm not sure of price ranges but it wouldn't hurt to ask if someone can make you a 3D recreation of it. As I mentioned, give those two a shout out to see if they can make a model of some kind. I'm sure if you toss out a dollar they'd be happy to do it.

Edited by DrtyDshSoap, 27 October 2019 - 07:04 PM.

#3 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:35 AM

Check out these guys..

https://www.thingive...Syllogy/designs

https://www.thingive...enrik00/designs

Models completely free.. just print'em..

You're welcome..

Edited by Vellron2005, 28 October 2019 - 12:43 AM.

#4 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:31 AM

I do 3d modeling as a hobby. Depending on your skill it could take a long time to model some thing. Most 3d printers I've looked at allow you to import obj files. While you can buy a printer,the materials,model the object in a 3d program exporting it as the required file format yourself it's far easier to use the links vellron posted,take the files to some one with a printer and just get them made.

There's also the 3d print frorum sub section on how to do all that with types of printers,materials and some basic 3d things covered if you really want to get into it.

#5 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:28 PM

[mod]Please note: Sales of printed in-game models or sales of services thereof is forbidden.
Due to topic reviewed as including these violations, this thread has been closed.

Discussion about personal 3D printing and other art can be found in Fan Art.[/mod]

Edited by draiocht, 28 October 2019 - 12:31 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users