Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 03 May 2015 - 03:29 AM

View PostRepasy, on 02 May 2015 - 04:45 PM, said:

Unless they fix the game's engine speed barrier. They're planning to release the Flea at some point too, so why wouldn't they do this?

Imagine Firestarters' hit detection.. Multiplied by X times :o

View PostOdanan, on 02 May 2015 - 05:08 PM, said:

Fire Falcon, Pouncer, Viper, Huntsman, Mongrel, Phantom, Black Lanner, Linebacker, Night Gyr and Turkina are all fair game now. We know the light and assault mechs for the Wave IV, the question is: which will be the medium (6 options); and for heavy, it will be Linebacker or Night Gyr?

I remember Russ said there will not be a "Wave IV" pack, since that is a trilogy of packs. That is another thing that leads me to believe they will work on Clan Battlemechs next: it sounds like the "Wave" packs represent the frontline Omnies that the IS first saw and then he will go with a "2nd Line" pack with IICs and, hopefully, other Clan BattleMechs eventually, until we reach a balance; at that point, they might just alternate Omnies and Battlemechs (Mad Cat Mk II :wub: ).

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 02 May 2015 - 11:29 PM, said:

Hunchback IIC, we need it NOW!

I am sure we will see it soon enough, but i kind of fear what a jumping, heavily underarmored medium with double Gauss could be :P

For sure, i will try it. However, if they had to make up some variants (as they probably will), what would you make them like? An option might be one with like 4 missile hardpoints in the torsos with 4 SRM6 or similar, to reflect the glass cannon/glorious suicide philosophy behind the 'Mech.

Edited by CyclonerM, 03 May 2015 - 03:33 AM.

#22 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 03 May 2015 - 04:43 AM

View PostDino Might, on 02 May 2015 - 06:42 PM, said:

Firemoth. Do Want. Closest thing Clans have to a Locust.
And I've wanted something with monkey arms for a while, ever since someone shopped the "improved phract."

More like this:
Posted Image

#23 Sniper09121986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:59 AM

View PostOdanan, on 03 May 2015 - 04:43 AM, said:

More like this:

Can you actually send this to PGI? Because I love it! :wub:

#24 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 04 May 2015 - 06:06 AM

God, Crossbow is such an incredible piece of junk I cannot even.... Standard Engine aside, it only has at max, what, 5 hard points? All missile. Total? That is terrible.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 04 May 2015 - 06:07 AM.

#25 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:23 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 04 May 2015 - 06:06 AM, said:

God, Crossbow is such an incredible piece of junk I cannot even.... Standard Engine aside, it only has at max, what, 5 hard points? All missile. Total? That is terrible.

Consider it was an early OmniMech. Besides, i think there is a configurations with a pair of machine guns in the torso and an ECM too.. And in BT 2 C-LRM20s are just as effective at close range as at long.. LRM40 to the face :P

However, if i wanted a similar but objectively better 'Mech i would want the Naga :D

Edited by CyclonerM, 04 May 2015 - 07:24 AM.

#26 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:58 PM

Meh. Just because it was good bang for your buck in tt doesn't make it a good choice on mwo. Unfortunately what saves the terrible IS chassis is the ability to upgrade about, internals, or engines. None of which can be done to our omni mechs. Night Gyr or Linebacker, however....

Do want the Huntsman, though.

#27 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 01:23 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 04 May 2015 - 01:58 PM, said:

Meh. Just because it was good bang for your buck in tt doesn't make it a good choice on mwo. Unfortunately what saves the terrible IS chassis is the ability to upgrade about, internals, or engines. None of which can be done to our omni mechs. Night Gyr or Linebacker, however....

Do want the Huntsman, though.

On the other hand, that easy customization creates a whole lot of issues.. And most of the other issues with 'Mechs in MWO are related to what the game still lacks: supply mechanics, R&R, actual economy, salvage, BV, making the best of what 'Mechs you have, better scouting, forests to tactically burn with a Firestarter, cities to defend with an Urbanmech (very good bang for your buck) etc.

Btw, i have never been impressed by the Linebacker. Ok, it is faster, but i still see it as a poor enough replacement for a Timber Wolf.

#28 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 05 May 2015 - 01:48 AM

Fire Moth will never happen. Its too fast for the game engine even without MASC.

Plus it would suck.

Crossbow would suck even harder.

Next pack will be:

Fire Falcon
Viper / Huntsman
Night Gyr / Linebacker
Kingfisher / Turkina

#29 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 02:12 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 05 May 2015 - 01:48 AM, said:

Plus it would suck.

Now, tell me how a 'Mech running at 200+ KPH, possibly horrible hit detection and a couple of good SRM hardpoints be possibly so bad.

How i imagine it would be:

Posted Image

#30 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 02:34 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 05 May 2015 - 02:12 AM, said:

Now, tell me how a 'Mech running at 200+ KPH, possibly horrible hit detection and a couple of good SRM hardpoints be possibly so bad.

How i imagine it would be:

Posted Image

Because 20 ton mechs need insane quirks to be viable due to being a oneshot to everything, and Clan mechs dont get insane quirks.

#31 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:06 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 05 May 2015 - 02:34 AM, said:

Because 20 ton mechs need insane quirks to be viable due to being a oneshot to everything, and Clan mechs dont get insane quirks.

How do you know? The Clans do not have a 20ton 'Mech yet :P

Anyway, trust me, if it was released, hit detection on Firestarters would be a fond memory. It may just take no damage at all, lol. For sure, i would like to try it!

#32 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:17 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 05 May 2015 - 04:06 AM, said:

How do you know? The Clans do not have a 20ton 'Mech yet :P

Anyway, trust me, if it was released, hit detection on Firestarters would be a fond memory. It may just take no damage at all, lol. For sure, i would like to try it!

Regardless, you wont get to.

A 20 ton mech with a 200 rated engine (which is what the Fire Moth comes with) goes at around 185 kph with tweak. PGI have stated that past 170 is too much for the game engine, so we wont get it as its stock config breaks the game.

#33 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:38 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 05 May 2015 - 04:17 AM, said:

Regardless, you wont get to. A 20 ton mech with a 200 rated engine (which is what the Fire Moth comes with) goes at around 185 kph with tweak. PGI have stated that past 170 is too much for the game engine, so we wont get it as its stock config breaks the game.

I know, i was just theoryzing :)

#34 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:06 AM

If I saw Fire Falcon, Huntsman, Night Gyr, Turkina I'd be missing some money, that is for sure. I agree about the linebacker being unimpressive, though. But given a choice between unimpressive and trash, I rather be unimpressed. Kingfisher, due to that standard engine, is a mech I'd be unsure about. Not to say it would be bad, but that is a ton of weight that gets wasted.

#35 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 05 May 2015 - 12:54 PM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 05 May 2015 - 01:48 AM, said:

Fire Moth will never happen. Its too fast for the game engine even without MASC.

Plus it would suck.

Crossbow would suck even harder.

Next pack will be:

Fire Falcon
Viper / Huntsman
Night Gyr / Linebacker
Kingfisher / Turkina

Why would the Fire Moth suck? It's a Clan Locust (with Clan lasers...)
Besides, without MASC, it would run 178.2 km/h, not much more the fastest mech we have now (Death's Kenell, at 171.1).

Crossbow would be horrible.

Safest bet:

- Fire Falcon
- Viper? (or could be any of the following: Phantom, Black Lanner, Hunstman, Pouncer or even Mongrel. Viper would be surely easier, as it shares components with the Ice Ferret and the Nova, not to mention it is a 40 tonner)
- Night Gyr
- Turkina

Edited by Odanan, 05 May 2015 - 01:01 PM.

#36 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:38 PM

View PostOdanan, on 05 May 2015 - 12:54 PM, said:

Why would the Fire Moth suck? It's a Clan Locust (with Clan lasers...)
Besides, without MASC, it would run 178.2 km/h, not much more the fastest mech we have now (Death's Kenell, at 171.1).

Crossbow would be horrible.

Safest bet:

- Fire Falcon
- Viper? (or could be any of the following: Phantom, Black Lanner, Hunstman, Pouncer or even Mongrel. Viper would be surely easier, as it shares components with the Ice Ferret and the Nova, not to mention it is a 40 tonner)
- Night Gyr
- Turkina

Because locusts have insane quirks. Fire Moth wouldnt get those, because its clan. and the speed IS a problem. Why do you think locusts are arbitrarily limited to a 190 engine cap despite the normal +55-60 ratings on stock meaning they should have got 215-220 cap?

Id prefer to see the Kingfisher than the Turkey personally, because since we have the DWF-S the Turkey doesnt add anything, its just a 5 ton lighter Whale thats forced into taking all 3 JJs.

The Kingfisher is under-rated, the artwork shows high torso mounts for lasers (cockpit level, which is at the top of the mech), it has CT energy for true zombie mode, and due to actually having ES and FF it has exactly the same usable pod space as the executioner despite the STD engine. With good hitboxes (small CT) it could be extremely good.

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 05 May 2015 - 11:38 PM.

#37 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 08 May 2015 - 11:20 AM

I, for one, cannot wait to make the IS bow down to their new 75 ton overlord (Night Gyr).

#38 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:56 PM

View PostKain Thul, on 08 May 2015 - 11:20 AM, said:

I, for one, cannot wait to make the IS bow down to their new 75 ton overlord (Night Gyr).

As a fan of http://www.sarna.net..._%28OmniMech%29 I went to compare its stats with Night Gyr and the only difference I was able to see at first was that NG has jets hardwired (NC has JJ installed as separate pods taking up weight) and armour based on weight class (NC is 70 tons). So what advantages may NC have? Its arms seem more to the shoulders, Jager-style, but still not quite there. Free slots? That is where things get interesting. NC has 10 in ST and 8 in arms while NG has 5 in ST and 6 in arms. That is a deal breaker for LBX/20 (9 slots), UAC/20 (8 slots), RAC/5 (8 slots), HAG/30 (8 slots) and HAG/40 (10 slots), unless I am missing anything. Problem is that the only NC that has ballistic hardpoints in 10-slot ST (in fact, eight hardpoints in total) is the Jihad G config, and these hardpoints are for AP Gauss rifles that we have no use for, so not sure if we get the Boomcat. Still, the Shadow Cat-P precedent does give us Cat lovers some hope :D

#39 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:01 PM

The Night Gyr will be an interesting mech for sure. I have a feeling it will stand tall like the Gargoyle, and combining that with hardpoint placement and the speed of a Warhawk it may receive mixed reviews. However, having a 2nd option for 75 ton mech will be fantastic! As for which variants are released, I'm betting the initial three variants will be the Prime, C and D variants, with the B as bonus fourth and the A being released separately at a later time.

The Nova Cat won't be seen until most of the above mechs, I'm afraid, as it only appeared circa 3059. That's 7 years ahead of our current timeline. Rest assured, I think we can anticipate this one, but maybe not for a couple years.

#40 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:09 PM

View PostSniper09121986, on 08 May 2015 - 12:56 PM, said:

As a fan of http://www.sarna.net..._%28OmniMech%29 I went to compare its stats with Night Gyr and the only difference I was able to see at first was that NG has jets hardwired (NC has JJ installed as separate pods taking up weight) and armour based on weight class (NC is 70 tons). So what advantages may NC have? Its arms seem more to the shoulders, Jager-style, but still not quite there. Free slots? That is where things get interesting. NC has 10 in ST and 8 in arms while NG has 5 in ST and 6 in arms. That is a deal breaker for LBX/20 (9 slots), UAC/20 (8 slots), RAC/5 (8 slots), HAG/30 (8 slots) and HAG/40 (10 slots), unless I am missing anything. Problem is that the only NC that has ballistic hardpoints in 10-slot ST (in fact, eight hardpoints in total) is the Jihad G config, and these hardpoints are for AP Gauss rifles that we have no use for, so not sure if we get the Boomcat. Still, the Shadow Cat-P precedent does give us Cat lovers some hope :D

The only thing that matters? 2 Gauss, 3 ERMLas, with the 4 jump jets. XD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users