Next Clan Wave

149 replies to this topic

#61 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:26 AM

as much as id love all those mechs, id love the next wave of IS and Clan mechs to be changed to a wave of somewhat remotely half decent ok'ish non boring maps.

#62 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:50 AM

View PostSummon3r, on 12 May 2015 - 07:26 AM, said:

as much as id love all those mechs, id love the next wave of IS and Clan mechs to be changed to a wave of somewhat remotely half decent ok'ish non boring maps.

I'm sure we'll get both. PGI has been doing very well developing both maps and mechs since IGP's departure.

#63 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:52 AM

The problem with map lies within the game mode design itself, around which the map is modeled. The bad thing of this map design is that it does not leave much room for other game modes to be added later.

#64 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:08 PM

They were talking about expanding some of the smaller maps. Hopefully that will provide enough room.

#65 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:16 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 12 May 2015 - 11:52 AM, said:

The problem with map lies within the game mode design itself, around which the map is modeled. The bad thing of this map design is that it does not leave much room for other game modes to be added later.

I wouldn't mind if PGI periodically changed up the placement of starting points, bases, etc. or even had it change on a per drop basis on each map (imagine a river city v.1, 2, 3 with different start locations) so that we actually got to play on different parts of the map every now and again instead of the same old paths.

#66 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:25 PM

View PostRepasy, on 12 May 2015 - 12:08 PM, said:

They were talking about expanding some of the smaller maps. Hopefully that will provide enough room.

View PostMoldur, on 12 May 2015 - 12:16 PM, said:

I wouldn't mind if PGI periodically changed up the placement of starting points, bases, etc. or even had it change on a per drop basis on each map (imagine a river city v.1, 2, 3 with different start locations) so that we actually got to play on different parts of the map every now and again instead of the same old paths.

Well, tbh i was talking about CW maps, i thought Summon3r was referring to them. They are designed for a single game mode, while the public maps are literally and figuratively more open. I wish they did not limitt hemselves so much..

#67 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:54 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 12 May 2015 - 12:25 PM, said:

Well, tbh i was talking about CW maps, i thought Summon3r was referring to them. They are designed for a single game mode, while the public maps are literally and figuratively more open. I wish they did not limitt hemselves so much..

I think the CW maps are terrible.

Where to start?

1. Most of the maps are not used at all. Think of how rarely anything happens from attacker spawn to to the gates.
2. ****** drop points making spawn camping the play of the day. Somehow pushing into the same grid point and spawncamping my way to victory is not quite the engaging game mode I had been hoping for. It would be nice if the defenders emerged from hangars to prevent this.
3. 12-man deathballs still rule the day. Once gain a complete failure to incorporate any kind of reason to split up at all.
4. OOB areas need work. Grim Portico, are you ******* kidding me? How about the approach to the E7 ramp on Boreal? If you back up a little bit there you can actually go OOB and die even though a massive wall is behind you.
5. I feel that most of them are still too small. I remember the initial hype that CW maps were going to be even larger than Alpine and Terra Therma............NOPE.

#68 Garitjax

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 02:50 PM

I also think we should consider Clan usage when selecting chassis. What I would like to see is the next clan pack being the introduction of the Nova Cats as a Faction. Fitting the time frame you have:
Fire Falcon(L)
Pouncer/Hunstman(M)
Linebacker(H)
Turkina(A)
Now this would allow them to add another Clan faction. It doens't progress the time line into new chassis era and it is different from the "wave" packs. Now I wouldn't be against moving forward into the timeline to allow for the Nova Cat over the Linebacker. Especially as we already have 2 65 clan heavy's. It would be nice to get another heavy of a different weight. Then again there aren't many of other weights. Also introducing a new faction may be a way to move the timeline forward as well.

#69 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:01 PM

The problem with a new Clan faction is that it would diluite our already low numbers. Maybe they should make Nova Cat fight togheter with Smoke Jaguar to help balance their numbers AND give the Cats their representation.

#70 Lanancuras

• PipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:43 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 13 May 2015 - 12:01 PM, said:

The problem with a new Clan faction is that it would diluite our already low numbers. Maybe they should make Nova Cat fight togheter with Smoke Jaguar to help balance their numbers AND give the Cats their representation.

This could work; they get to share all the attack lanes and such of Clan Smoke Jaguar (and can drop together in the same match), the faction that wins the planet is determined by the amount of victories of each faction. To instill a sense of their rivalry though Clan Nova Cat and Clan Smoke Jaguar should still be able to attack each other.

#71 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:38 PM

View PostLanancuras, on 13 May 2015 - 12:43 PM, said:

This could work; they get to share all the attack lanes and such of Clan Smoke Jaguar (and can drop together in the same match), the faction that wins the planet is determined by the amount of victories of each faction. To instill a sense of their rivalry though Clan Nova Cat and Clan Smoke Jaguar should still be able to attack each other.

I think their rivalry could just express in how many planet each Clan can take. Or, we could do it easy way and make them share their planets.

You know, i am not a big fan of Clans attacking each other during Op. Revival.. As if they had any number to spare for that lol

#72 Knight2416

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLevin, New Zealand

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:44 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 09 May 2015 - 07:30 AM, said:

Clan Wave 4: Heavy Firepower

Stone Rhino
Kodiak
Warhammer IIC
Marauder IIC

yes please.

Sorry man the Warhammer and Marauder are owned by Harmony Gold, so not much chance of seeing them in game. FASA was paying to include them in Battletech games (as they are from Robotech/Macross), at some stage the deal was cancelled.

#73 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:47 PM

Personally a fan of lane sharing. Factions dead locked as allies, cannot engage one another. Having faction tags on planets can be the rivalry itself. Then do the same with the other three existing clan zones. Diamond Sharks, Steel Viper, and... A fourth clan?

#74 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:12 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 13 May 2015 - 01:47 PM, said:

Personally a fan of lane sharing. Factions dead locked as allies, cannot engage one another. Having faction tags on planets can be the rivalry itself. Then do the same with the other three existing clan zones. Diamond Sharks, Steel Viper, and... A fourth clan?

Jade Falcon + Steel Viper
Smoke Jaguar + Nova Cat

And, more far fetched...

Ghost Bear + Diamond Shark
Clan Wolf + Hell's Horses

#75 -Skyrider-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 157 posts
  • Locationall about that Seattle life

Posted 23 May 2015 - 08:12 AM

That crossbow is so gross, 65 tons with a std engine! It wouldn't make the cut for a couple of years! Instead for a clan wave 4 pack try looking for a set up like this. Having more popular clan mechs while filling the tonnage gaps, with some bonuses and more unique mechs to play with. Plus it would be nice to have 6 more clan mechs instead of 4 for once.

Light: Firemoth
Medium: Blacklanner
Heavy: Linebacker
Assault: Kingfisher
Extra: Viper, and Phantom

#76 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 23 May 2015 - 08:35 AM

View PostSkyrider1746, on 23 May 2015 - 08:12 AM, said:

That crossbow is so gross, 65 tons with a std engine! It wouldn't make the cut for a couple of years! Instead for a clan wave 4 pack try looking for a set up like this. Having more popular clan mechs while filling the tonnage gaps, with some bonuses and more unique mechs to play with. Plus it would be nice to have 6 more clan mechs instead of 4 for once.

Light: Firemoth
Medium: Blacklanner
Heavy: Linebacker
Assault: Kingfisher
Extra: Viper, and Phantom

Linebacker instead of Night Gyr and Kingfisher instead of Turkina?! Nuts!!

PS: I think the Phantom breaks the speed limit.

#77 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 09:10 AM

Given the name Reinforcements, I would hope that means non-Omnis.

#78 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 12:36 AM

View PostOdanan, on 23 May 2015 - 08:35 AM, said:

PS: I think the Phantom breaks the speed limit.

Phantom IMO is even more useless than Crossbow since it has literally no weapons for all of its speed, so, given the PGI policy toward Clans, it has a fair chance of being implemented instead of something actually useful.

#79 R79TCom1 Night Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest, USA

Posted 24 May 2015 - 06:43 AM

Just my two Kerensky's but here is how I think PGI should roll out the next waves of Clan 'Mechs:

Clan Jade Falcon Pack:
Fire Falcon
Black Lanner
Night Gyr**
Turkina

Clan Wolf Pack:
Pouncer
Phantom
Linebacker
Naga*

Clan Ghost Bear Pack:
Fire Moth
Viper
Grizzly***
Kodiak***

Clan Smoke Jaguar Pack - this is the tough one since Wave 3 is mostly OmniMechs heavily used by CSJ.  So I think for this Pack I would say that they should add 'Mechs used by the missing invader Clans -- Steel Viper, Nova Cat, and Diamond Shark with a Smoke Jaguar BattleMech:
Piranha
Mongrel (Grengel)/Battle Cobra
Black Python (Viper)/Huntsman (Nobori-nin)/Crossbow
Stone Rhino***

* Arrow IV should be weapon system that has a steep angle of fire that can clear most terrain; a minimum range equal to or higher than IS LRMs; damage is done similar to artillery attacks.  
** Laser Heat Sinks could be introduced as a cosmetic feature on the Night Gyr.
*** First Clan BattleMechs: construction rules would be the same as IS BattleMechs.

#80 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 24 May 2015 - 07:37 AM

i want a firemoth.even without masc it runs at 163

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users