Looking To Advance From Adder

13 replies to this topic

#1 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:38 PM

So atm my clan mech is an adder which uses 4 srm-6s and I basically use it to deliver short devastating punches. Which other mechs should I be looking at that can deliver the same sort of style.

Edited by Deimos Alpha, 13 May 2015 - 06:04 AM.

#2 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:36 PM

i don't know what an sml-6 is, but just get the stormcrow

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b#i=183&l=stock

you'r not going to be disappointed

#3 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:55 PM

My suggestion would be the Nova. Get nova prime omni pods and stick 12 Extended Range Small Lasers in em. Fully mastered you can do six volleys of 6 lasers a piece before cooling is required. That's 180 Damage to any foolish enough to stand in your way.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 04 May 2015 - 08:01 PM.

#4 Shalune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCombination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell

Posted 05 May 2015 - 01:51 AM

I think they mean SRM6s.

If so Stormcrow is a good bet, it can carry a crazy amount of SRMs (up to 5 missile hardpoints). The Mad Dog is a competitor for SRM boating (it can get up to 6 mssile hardpoints and has better hit boxes, but is slower) but Stormcrow is much more versatile if you're thinking of experimenting with other builds.

As Leone mentioned the Nova is also a good option, but cannot use missiles. If you don't mind going all-energy, it's a very durable jump jet enabled option.

#5 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 02:36 AM

Yes sorry I mean the SRM6s, still getting used to the acronyms :) Would the Ice Ferret be effective?

Edited by Deimos Alpha, 05 May 2015 - 02:44 AM.

#6 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:53 PM

Okay, yeah. Not a nova then. No idea on the ice ferret, but I've seen a five Streak Srm Stormcrow build, and I personally have a four SRM Timberwolf D.

~Leone.

#7 Gneckes

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 27 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 May 2015 - 02:15 AM

As others here have said, for SRMs, the Stormcrow, Mad Dog and possibly Timber Wolf all have a solid amount of hardpoints. The Stormcrow especially has great speed and firepower for its weight.

The Ice Ferret is also very fast, but can, at most, carry three missile weapons.

#8 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 May 2015 - 02:40 AM

Ice Ferret can be nasty, due to its speed and the fact that most people will ignore an Ice Ferret because they don't realise it can be a threat with its triple SRM6. That said, it's still a weak chassis.

Stormcrow is one of the best mechs in the game at every conceivable loadout - you can bring 5x SRM6, 5x SRM4A, 5x Streaks, laser vomit, gauss+vomit, and even combinations and hybrids. Plus, good hitboxes and fantastic maneuverability. It only lacks jumpjets. It's a direct upgrade from the Adder and its a staple medium mech, I'd recommend it.

Ice Ferret or Nova if you want to have fun and challenge yourself. Stormcrow if you're serious.

Edited by Tarogato, 12 May 2015 - 02:41 AM.

#9 Senor Cataclysmo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:07 AM

A lot of people will slate the Ice Ferret, but I've had some great fun in a Ferret with 3 SRM4 & a medium pulse laser.

Having said that, the stormcrow undoubtedly gives you more bang for your buck.

#10 Dino Might

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:34 AM

View PostDeimos Alpha, on 04 May 2015 - 02:38 PM, said:

So atm my clan mech is an adder which uses 4 sml-6s and I basically use it to deliver short devastating punches. Which other mechs should I be looking at that can deliver the same sort of style.

Clan mechs only?

If you're willing to go IS, the WVR-7K is one of the best brawlers in the game. 3 ASRM-6 and 2 small lasers with a big engine and jump jets. It tanks damage very well, is highly mobile, and has that ugly, indestructible T-34 feeling. Another huge benefit is that the way the missiles are arranged, the spread is mostly vertical, so when you aim correctly, nearly all or all of your missiles hit, and most of them hit the body part you aimed at. You can 1v1 a Timberwolf if you're torso twisting and using your jets to bunny hop him - just blow off a side torso quickly and you've won.

The only downside is range - limited to 350 some meters (with quirks and modules)

#11 Shalune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCombination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:41 AM

Echoing those above RE: the Ice Ferret. It's an excellent mech that gets overlooked because it's competing with the Stormcrow, unarguably one of the best mechs in the game. Still, it's a very good, fun, and unique mech if you prefer speed over firepower but want to stay clans (otherwise IS-lights outshine it at close range).

#12 xMintaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 882 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:57 AM

View PostShalune, on 05 May 2015 - 01:51 AM, said:

The Mad Dog is a competitor for SRM boating (it can get up to 6 mssile hardpoints and has better hit boxes, but is slower)

The Mad Dog absolutely does not have better hitboxes than the Stormcrow. Less broken, yes. But they are just flat out worse.

As others have said, get the Stormcrow. You will not regret it.

If you're not only looking for clans, the Wolverine-7K as suggested by Dino Might is a great one. I still use mine from time to time as a jump brawler and it's great fun. Another option is the Griffin-3M, which has great spread on its ASRM4's and an entire shield side if you want to learn torso twisting.

#13 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:04 AM

>Echoing those above RE: the Ice Ferret. It's an excellent mech that gets overlooked because it's competing with the Stormcrow

how so

they serve completely different purposes

it's overlooked because it has problems with weight limit and hardpoints

#14 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:58 AM

12SL nova is hit or miss, can be powerful but can also be a huge let down. you are boned on maps like alpine for most the round. You always have to be aware of what is around you because it is so wide you don't want to waste the heat on burning 6 SL into a building when you think it is clear.

12SL + range 5 + TC4 gets you 232m (i think)

then you also have to hope HSR likes you because it has a happy time with not wanting to register your full on 6 SLs (but this is an issue with any large number alpha energy attack)

Is a lot of fun though but isn't going to be competitive if that is what you worried about it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users