Game Tab In Main Website Terribly Out Of Date

1 reply to this topic

#1 Mazzyplz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:45 PM

http://mwomercs.com/game/battlemechs

i have been playing this game for years now, and i keep visiting this tab to my surprise you guys NEVER update it.

this was the tab where i first compared the mechs in the game, before i even downloaded anything, and it was the tab that i used to help my friends decide on which mech they might be interested in by tonnage and even the way it looked

it is important for players who haven't even downloaded the client to see that the game has grown. and it will help new players also decide on a mech and get excited about them before even getting the game which takes like a whole day to download which isn't a small commitment for a game download/install (same thing in this case)

it will also show people, players and critics alike - that you have your website managed!
i don't know if you fail to realize this but the FIRST, literally the FIRST button in the upper left corner is the GAME tab - ALWAYS, in all pages of the site... (not counting the clickable MWO logo because it stands out as being the logo and not apparently clickable at first)

also sometimes you would like to make a comparison with the look of each variant to decide what to spend your cbills/mc on, but not exactly want to login at that time to the game because for example you might lose sound on flash applications in firefox if you tab in and out of the game client

i believe the last time it was updated was in december 2013 with the release of the griffin.

#2 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 07:12 PM

I'm not positive, but I think the people who make/maintain the website are actually a different group than PGI. Not 100%, but I think I heard that on the forums at one point.

Not an excuse though, the website is completely out of date and really ought to be updated. It's 3052 now, not 3050. New mechs, new maps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users