Poll - Where Should House Davion Focus Its Efforts In Cw?

19 replies to this topic

#1 Redjack3

Banned - Cheating

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 02:53 PM

Just interested in seeing which border most House Davion players are interested in playing CW on. You can reply to this thread but it might be easier to use this 3rd party poll that I set up:
http://vote.pollcode.com/59148638

#2 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:43 PM

I voted Liao border attack, but I would have chosen attack everyone but Steiner. Our neighbors keep dropping on us, so let's return the favor.

#3 Araevin Teshurr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 368 posts
  • LocationIn your base, eating your food!

Posted 05 May 2015 - 06:42 PM

It would be fruitless to drop on Kurita, Davion can not beat them, so focus on Liao. When Davion can consistently beat them, then Davion will be ready for bigger targets.

#4 Benjamin Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 367 posts
  • LocationIn my Spider 5D, killing all your Dire Wolves.

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:23 AM

View PostAraevin Teshurr, on 05 May 2015 - 06:42 PM, said:

It would be fruitless to drop on Kurita, Davion can not beat them, so focus on Liao. When Davion can consistently beat them, then Davion will be ready for bigger targets.

We may not be able to beat some of the Kurita units consistently, but I'm pretty sure that's our concern, Relaed, not Clan Wolf. Just saying.

#5 Harlock Fredrick

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationMissoula Montana

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:14 AM

I go where im needed. i been up helping defend RFF fronts and Kurita and steiner more then any front to be honest.

#6 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 May 2015 - 12:11 PM

Personally would rather drop against you folks on a reasonably sheduled routine. You folks always put up a fight, unfortunately I don't have much say in the House Politics and where the units are attacking.

#7 RjBass3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 635 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationKansas City MO.

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:01 PM

You're not the first Drac to say that. We don't always win, but we love to fight.

#8 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:07 PM

that IS why we came here really, right ?

#9 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:12 PM

you should drop against marik during NA EST primetime...so I can have matches on planets that matter instead of having to pug drop against the clans.

#10 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:35 PM

NS may likely be on tonight in force. If so I will stop by the AFFS TS. I kinda don't really care much about the planets to be honest at this point but fun fights would be great. If we do drop .. .remember ERLL Cold map ... Dakka hot map. Get your CW metaish mechs ready to rumble oh and mostly brawl laser mix otherwise. I doubt we will bother with objective rushing lights for the win anymore. The planet taking mechanic is a pain in the arse.

#11 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:41 PM

you should drop against marik during NA EST primetime...so I can have matches on planets that matter instead of having to pug drop against the clans.

Gee, Geist...perhaps you should poke your other two borders for some of that, if we aren't giving you what you need...

#12 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 06:16 AM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 06 May 2015 - 01:35 PM, said:

NS may likely be on tonight in force. If so I will stop by the AFFS TS. I kinda don't really care much about the planets to be honest at this point but fun fights would be great. If we do drop .. .remember ERLL Cold map ... Dakka hot map. Get your CW metaish mechs ready to rumble oh and mostly brawl laser mix otherwise. I doubt we will bother with objective rushing lights for the win anymore. The planet taking mechanic is a pain in the arse.

I'm having a really hard time caring about the map following the reset. It was only a few months, but all of a sudden the sole record of what everyone did and accomplished is gone. CW participation on all sides is at an all-time low, planet-taking is now a massive chore thanks to new mechanics, and even though HK has a higher planet count than ever, who cares when we're running out of active fronts? Who cares when we've lost our planet tags, which were a cool "look what you did" sign? All that investment (which, for the record, was literally the only reason to play a loyalist unit) is gone.

The reset was a terrible idea.

#13 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:20 PM

View PostChef Kerensky, on 08 May 2015 - 06:16 AM, said:

The reset was a terrible idea.

Hypothetically, if HK rolled the whole map, would you still nay-say a reset? I mean, I'm trying to establish if there's a point at which you'd consider a reset to not be a terrible idea.

#14 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:40 PM

View PostHarathan, on 08 May 2015 - 12:20 PM, said:

Hypothetically, if HK rolled the whole map, would you still nay-say a reset? I mean, I'm trying to establish if there's a point at which you'd consider a reset to not be a terrible idea.

Hard to say. At that point I'd rather see a population shift that started reducing HK's borders than a straight reset.

I guess that's sort of wishful thinking though.

#15 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:53 PM

View PostChef Kerensky, on 08 May 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

Hard to say. At that point I'd rather see a population shift that started reducing HK's borders than a straight reset.

See that's the point I was going toward. The only way to avoid a reset is if the playerbase can be relied upon to keep things relatively sane. And we, collectively, demonstrably can't be trusted to do that. You've just got to look at the post-reset populations to see that. So doing a reset when there's big changes to the mechanics makes sense, especially when looked at in terms of this still being a Beta test of CW. There might not be a "good" time to do one, in terms of keeping people (especially the e-peeners) happy, but it certainly wasn't a bad time.

#16 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:07 AM

its been seen many times before.. You get invested in the space you took, and don't want to see it all go away after a reset.. People know they are playing it during beta but it still becomes real for them, and they cant easily watch it go poof when someone resets the music. It's hard not to.. It still makes sense to do a reset in the wake of major changes and the exposure of imbalance issues that skewed the map around.. No matter when it happens, map resets are tough though.. There is no best time, except before full release.

#17 MadC4t

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 108 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:21 PM

I voted for Kurita Border :ph34r:

#18 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:35 PM

I voted for "Retake the Filtvelt Coalition"

#19 Benjamin Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 367 posts
  • LocationIn my Spider 5D, killing all your Dire Wolves.

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:48 PM

View PostChef Kerensky, on 08 May 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

That is a bit of problem. I'm man enough to admit a lot of Davion units are outclassed the majority of the time by the likes of NKVA and Night Scorn, but the true problems for Davion emerged when the rewards drew most of our mercs away. Davion suddenly no longer had much of a viable organized player base, even while our numbers showed PGI we still had the highest population. Anyone who has ever tried to fight alongside Davion pugs in CW understands that those numbers mean nothing. Then most of the mercs flooded into Kurita because they had amazing bonuses and had some strong units to rally behind. Now things are a little more balanced and we're seeing some mercs rotate through (shout-out to EMP for helping us hold Helen the other day.) With, of course, the exception of MercStar, who are using their numbers to simply walk over whatever they decide to. I can understand why they do it and I hesitate to say something should be done, but the simple fact is, the Clans did not win Tukayyid. MercStar did. MercStar simply dictates the path of CW and everyone else tags along. Barring the formation of a rival multinational organization that deliberately travels the map blocking them (where in the verse would you get those kinds of numbers, though?) MercStar is going to continue making most everything done on the map meaningless.

I learned in the time period when Davion was getting hammered from all directions and would field MAYBE 2 or 3 12 mans total to defend all 3 borders and TCAF was turret-dropping away everything to the west not to really care much about the dots. Yeah, it's nice to have dots on the map, but until we start profiting from those dots, I'm not going to stress much. Yeah, if lore significant planets borders open up, we'll be there to make a fight of it, but we're learning not to stress it right now.

#20 Apnu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:27 AM

@ Benji...

"Inch deep, Inch wide" That's CW.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users