Assault Pilot Shouts Get Out Of The Way!

28 replies to this topic

#21 Mercworks

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:07 AM

The Rule in the Brethren (and we do have a few) is that the Assault mech owns the lane in front of him. So, everyone is pretty conscientious about making sure they don't run into that area or block his field of fire. If they do and get killed or damaged, they sure don't complain about it.

#22 Aethelred Kell

• PipPip
  • The Spear
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:13 AM

Or "Heaven Forbid" We could actually run our big stompy robots out and trade fire instead of all wanting to hide behind walls and play Peek-A-Boo like a bunch of 2 year olds for 5-10 minutes. The Peek-A-Boo style is where I see most of the "Bottlenecks" where mechs get in each others way. It is because people want to shoot their weapons.....not sit there and watch someone else move forward 6 pixel, Fire, then back up 6 pixels.

There are very few things more aggravating to me than to be in a game and watch both sides sit 5-7 mechs on either side of a corner, chokepoint, etc. while 1-2 mechs from each side keep peeking and backing up Ad Nauseum. Dear God people. One team or the other IS GOING TO DIE IN THEIR MECHS (It is basically unavoidable) so get out there and fight.

Edited by Aethelred Kell, 22 May 2015 - 08:21 AM.

#23 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:39 AM

View PostMercworks, on 22 May 2015 - 08:07 AM, said:

The Rule in the Brethren (and we do have a few) is that the Assault mech owns the lane in front of him. So, everyone is pretty conscientious about making sure they don't run into that area or block his field of fire. If they do and get killed or damaged, they sure don't complain about it.

Sure.. Tell me when when MWO mechs come with rear view camera.

#24 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:52 AM

Just a little side note on that peek-a-boo style of play -- The other night I out damaged the entire assault lance who were content on doing the poke and hide play with a Com-1D......

Think about how long it takes for 2 MPLs to rack up 800+ damage while you are tucked behind a rock actively not using your firepower. If what is quite possibly the worst Commando chassis can out damage you, let alone your entire lance, when you are piloting assaults you really need to re-think your strategy.

#25 Koozzo

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:33 PM

I have to agree. The peek-a-boo tactic fails almost every single time. I have seen whole teams get slaughtered becuase entire lances get eaten away by exposing themselves repeatedly without thought. By the time their though the rest of the team is down four and the match almost certainly sealed agaist them. Simply put, keep moving or find cover, don't waste armour doing both at once.

#26 purplewasabi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 170 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:17 PM

I don't shout anymore, I just shoot whoever that is in my way... They process it quicker that way.

#27 CptGier

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:22 PM

View PostSonny Black, on 06 May 2015 - 05:18 AM, said:

The whole problem can be summed up in 2 words...Situational Awareness.

One thing basically every game since like 2002 has been dumbing down for all players.....

#28 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:34 PM

View PostBenjamin Davion, on 08 May 2015 - 12:11 AM, said:

Situational awareness, yes, but I was told this exact thing the other day after someone else ran right up behind me while I was driving a Direwolf, then blamed me when I couldn't back out of the line of fire and died. Yes, situational awareness is important, but it is NOT my responsibility to make sure you're not parked directly behind me. It's your responsibility to not block me in.

I gave up the idea of backing an assault up in a choke point long ago. If I'm pushing through a gap, I'm pushing through a gap. There is no pause to consider the fact that I just screwed up. Just keep going, fire at everyone you can, and twist like Chubby Checker until you are through or dead.

#29 Johny Rocket

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:53 PM

My Misery pack, 2 MPL, 3 LPL and a UAC5, the LPLs are on chainfire, the MPLs are not.
My favorite tactic is to get close and burn em til I overheat, back off a sec and go again. It usually results in lots of return fire which is ok because Im in a Stalker face on to them. You run in front of that you are an idiot, I can try to not hit you because I don't want the team kill, but I can't un hit the buttons and un destroy your backside.

My 3F is a range fighter usually packing 4-5 ERLL. Stalkers don't have the best feild of view and when Im in adv. zoom I can't see you until you done ate 36-45 dmg.

Luckily for my team kill record I only run Stalkers and most lights and mediums slip under it, but this is why on my STKs with CT mounts I put the small stuff there or leave it empty.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users