Assault Pilot Shouts Get Out Of The Way!

28 replies to this topic

#1 kuritakun

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:53 PM

Get out of the way when we start firing please as our whales and crabs are slow and cumbersome.. ive seen heavies and mediums die coz they go in front of assaults in the tunnels and theres no place to back off when shooting starts assaults will not back off for you... ive seen mechs get their rear shredded coz they go in front of the firing line of a crab wc has a big convergence with the arm mounted weapons and when the 4x uac5 starts firing stay wide away from its arc... same goes with the 5x uac5 whale when u hear the multiple boom of its uac make sure you are not in front of it coz 1 click of the mouse will unleash 3x5 uac5 bullets at a minimum.. assaults can also carry 2x or 3x gauss.. its not that we fire when we see your backs coz we dont, the problem is when we start unleashing our massive payload and you go in front of us, so please stop blaming us when you get shredded coz you shouldnt be there ;)

#2 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:55 PM

get out of the way, shoot behind his back and accidentally give him 60 alpha, he asked for it

#3 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:59 PM

1: Terrible spelling and grammar.
2: Wall of text with no breaks/paragraphs
3: Good overall point

Despite the formatting issues, your post is mostly correct. As a pilot from everything from lights to assaults, I can tell you that assaults simply don't play the same. They're slow, big, and difficult to manuver. If you stand behind them, they can't back up and will get destroyed. If you stand infront of them, you're blocking their immense firepower and stopping their advance, as well as your retreat.

In other words, give the damn assaults a bit of breathing room, it'll help everyone.

#4 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 06 May 2015 - 05:18 AM

The whole problem can be summed up in 2 words...Situational Awareness.

#5 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 05:29 AM

may i add one solid advice,if you are the guy guarding a chokepoint in a dakkawhale or mr. zoidberg,please park it so that other mechs can pass you without getting in your line of fire,mining collective is really notorious for this.

#6 juxstapo

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:37 PM

should be a rule that everyone who isn't in an assault has to be in a jump-capable chassis so they can get out of the way quickly.

#7 Palor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 372 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationManitowoc WI

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:23 PM

I find it hilarious when some light/medium darts in front of a any heavily armed mech to kill steal a nearly dead enemy. Then BLAM, they are dead or severely damaged by the guy they cut off.

#8 Benjamin Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 367 posts
  • LocationIn my Spider 5D, killing all your Dire Wolves.

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:11 AM

View PostSonny Black, on 06 May 2015 - 05:18 AM, said:

The whole problem can be summed up in 2 words...Situational Awareness.

Situational awareness, yes, but I was told this exact thing the other day after someone else ran right up behind me while I was driving a Direwolf, then blamed me when I couldn't back out of the line of fire and died. Yes, situational awareness is important, but it is NOT my responsibility to make sure you're not parked directly behind me. It's your responsibility to not block me in.

#9 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:34 AM

View Postkuritakun, on 05 May 2015 - 03:53 PM, said:

Get out of the way when we start firing please as our whales and crabs are slow and cumbersome.. ive seen heavies and mediums die coz they go in front of assaults in the tunnels and theres no place to back off when shooting starts assaults will not back off for you... ive seen mechs get their rear shredded coz they go in front of the firing line of a crab wc has a big convergence with the arm mounted weapons and when the 4x uac5 starts firing stay wide away from its arc... same goes with the 5x uac5 whale when u hear the multiple boom of its uac make sure you are not in front of it coz 1 click of the mouse will unleash 3x5 uac5 bullets at a minimum.. assaults can also carry 2x or 3x gauss.. its not that we fire when we see your backs coz we dont, the problem is when we start unleashing our massive payload and you go in front of us, so please stop blaming us when you get shredded coz you shouldnt be there ;)

#10 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:11 AM

View Postkuritakun, on 05 May 2015 - 03:53 PM, said:

Hmmm... I state an exception to this....

What if you 'ALLY' moves slower than you when and he is in a light mech ?
*NO WAY !! Yes way !!

I have had the 'nice' experience of being in the firing line of an 'ALLY' direwolf when I was already LEGGED.
Didn't really notice he was creeping up directly behind me in HPG below the radar dish. I was completely ignored when he proceeded to fire a full alpha upon an enemy mech directly in front of me (which I was firing at too.)
This incident ended up with me being TK'ed... well because.. Legged mechs can't really get a way in time.

Sooooo.... Try to be aware of your allies before you fire your weapons in your big bad assault mechs.

Oh yes... There was no apology from the said direworld 'ally' pilot. Instead he something along the line of 'Don't stand in front of a direwolf!'
That pissed me off quiet a bit and it motived me to specifically look out and hunt the said pilot everytime we ended up against each other.

Edited by ShinVector, 08 May 2015 - 01:15 AM.

#11 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:27 AM

View PostCookiemonter669, on 06 May 2015 - 05:29 AM, said:

may i add one solid advice,if you are the guy guarding a chokepoint in a dakkawhale or mr. zoidberg,please park it so that other mechs can pass you without getting in your line of fire,mining collective is really notorious for this.

This is far too true. If you are shooting all thos e high damage weapons in a choke point or a path... go to teh side TOWARDS the enemy. You dont want to cause teamkills and team damage? Then why the heck are you forcing your own teammates to walk infront of you whhile shooting?

One perfect example would be Mordor Terror Terra Therma at the entrances. If you are shooting left, then move to the edge of the path on the left side, dont stand on the right side and shoot across the only way through for the rest of your team.

#12 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:55 AM

I honestly see far more matches lost because of assault pilots that pee their pants and stop in the middle of pathways blocking the entire team from effectively advancing than anyone blocking assaults.

#13 BaconTWOfourACTUAL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 282 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:14 AM

The problem is, everyone wants to be the star of the show.

In reality, all other mechs are in the match in SUPPORT of the assault mechs. The Assault Mech, is as its name implies. The main Assault. Lights/Mediums/Heavies are there to take some of the load off the Assaults, while protecting the assaults to obliterate the enemy... But Assaults can't do their job as the main battle tank if they're constantly being cut off, causing them to shred the backside of their own protection.

#14 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:40 AM

The thing with us Assaults is that we stand taller/wider than the smaller baddies so even though we cannot shoot the enemy can shoot us which is very frustrating, especially when we know that we can blow that pos shooting at us away in a heartbeat. Support your Assaults and give them a personal bubble (unless you are a fellow Assault).

Also, contrary to common belief that Assaults should push first, it's actually better for several smaller mechs (3-5 min) to surge forward so then the Assaults can lay down their ungodly firepower without being torn to shreds.

Edited by TheSilken, 09 May 2015 - 08:42 AM.

#15 Nedolon

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 21 posts
  • Locationgermany

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:11 AM

View PostTheSilken, on 09 May 2015 - 08:40 AM, said:

Also, contrary to common belief that Assaults should push first, it's actually better for several smaller mechs (3-5 min) to surge forward so then the Assaults can lay down their ungodly firepower without being torn to shreds.

I totally agree, but now there's the problem and the need of the allready called situational awareness.

The current tone is a bit like: I don't push in front, but don't move in front of me.
not easy in positions, where you don't have wide open areas (that mostly are avoided anyway)

I guess we all need to remember, that there are not NPCs in the cockpits of other mechs. Yesterday I got legged from a teammate that blamed me for blocking him from behind.

Edited by Nedolon, 10 May 2015 - 12:11 AM.

#16 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:27 AM

Well as far as I'm aware most of the time the heavies / assaults want to hide behind the lights and mediums so they take the shots and then the heavies and assaults have a free shot at the enemy without any return fire.

#17 Rededevil

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:39 AM

I got my ass fried once standing in front of an assault mech in a tunnel.... so, lesson learned - I don't take it personally and I stay out of their way, and instead watch their backs and flanks. If there are enough mechs in the area and it is crowded, then I go out and try to distract their targets so that our assaults can advance. If I get a good line of fire when I am next or near to an assault, then I add my firepower. If there is a light mech hunting them, I attack the light mech to even the odds. Bottom line, you are both on the same team, find a way to help each other, not hinder each other if possible.

Edited by Rededevil, 12 May 2015 - 12:40 AM.

#18 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:45 AM

Firepower has the right of way ... dont make the guys wielding that firepower exercise that right on your shiny rear behinds !

#19 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:49 AM

View PostRad Hanzo, on 12 May 2015 - 12:45 AM, said:

Firepower has the right of way ... dont make the guys wielding that firepower exercise that right on your shiny rear behinds !

Have that kinda of attitude and ignoring your team mates on purpose, friendly fire will be returned with friendly fire.
So you know...

#20 Spungie

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 03:55 AM

I'll cut across the firing line of an assault sometimes to get us out of a bottleneck. Its a risk, but no mech can take focus fire for long. I'm way more focused on winning than getting a KS and I won't stand idle while 100 tons of friendly armor is being shredded.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users