Could House Davion Sit Out The Next Battle Of Tukayyid?

67 replies to this topic

#1 pattonesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:06 PM

Would really help the Inner Sphere's overall win percentage

http://mwomercs.com/...yyid-unit-stats

thanks in advance

#2 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:48 PM

Hahaha! I'm recruiting pugs from Xbox live for the next Tikayyid. Gonna swarm the field with 10 year olds who get mad cause its not Halo. We'll see just how much we can screw the percentage for you then. If it doesn't work, I'll start trolling brownie websites and buy them merchandise in exchange for them playing as house Kurita.

#3 thantos911

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 05:05 PM

I went clan side for the event and that was one of the things that was said time and time again. "Oh no our Clan pug vs a premade".... "oh they are Davions...." "we still have a chance!"

#4 Not Bob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 688 posts
  • LocationThat one place

Posted 05 May 2015 - 05:32 PM

Look at Laio stats. 'Nuff said. TCAF preformed great, but every other Liao unit... Placed under Davion's 9th place. But sure, lets keep hating on Davion, because that's a thing. Oh, let's also not forget Marik, since they prefored so well also.

#5 Surface Detail

Rookie

• The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 8 posts
  • LocationBoston/DC

Posted 05 May 2015 - 05:50 PM

Posted Image

#6 InRev

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 05 May 2015 - 06:17 PM

View PostNot Bob, on 05 May 2015 - 05:32 PM, said:

Oh, let's also not forget Marik, since they prefored so well also.

Top 5 Marik units in terms of matches played:

TTK: 1240 matches 58.5% W/R
SRPH: 1219 matches 36.8% W/R (This one surprised me. I know Seraphim have a few comp teams and then a bunch of non comp teams but I still expected better from them)
333T: 1124 matches 75.4% W/R
MGA: 1019 matches 41.5% W/R
BTD: 887 matches 42.1% W/R

Overall, 5489 matches played with a 51.3% W/R

Oof. A largely mediocre showing from us, but I am glad I am in TTK!

Top 5 Davion units in terms of matches played:

AW: 1916 matches 41.1% W/R
RRB: 1841 matches, 51.4% W/R
PL: 1456 matches 45.7% W/R
HHoD: 1327 matches 41.3% W/R
66AH: 979 matches 60% W/R

Overall, 7519 with a 47% W/R

With more matches played out of their top 5 (and thus a substantially larger impact on the overall battle), Davion units did not achieve a win-loss ratio greater than 50%

For fairness, if I included the next four Marik units in the list to bring the match total to a comparable 7705 matches, our win-loss ratio was still 51.1%.

So yeah, we didn't do spectacularly but at least it could be said that we "held the line" so to speak.

As for house Liao, their numbers are so small that TCAF is really the only unit that could have a significant impact on Tukayyid's result (3786 matches from them), and they achieved an excellent 69% win-loss ratio.

#7 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 05 May 2015 - 06:19 PM

Posted Image

#8 Knight2416

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLevin, New Zealand

Posted 05 May 2015 - 06:50 PM

Question, how many of the top teams are Faction teams vs Merc Units?

#9 Araevin Teshurr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 368 posts
  • LocationIn your base, eating your food!

Posted 05 May 2015 - 06:52 PM

The event was really bad, because many IS merc units took Clan contracts for the event and totally lopsided the game population.
If PGI were to freeze all allegiance changes 30 days prior to the event and until it was over, that might stop them from doing so. Davion was at the bottom with Marik and Liao, the event was just lopsided. Luckily, it was just a test.

#10 Knight2416

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLevin, New Zealand

Posted 05 May 2015 - 06:56 PM

View PostAraevin Teshurr, on 05 May 2015 - 06:52 PM, said:

The event was really bad, because many IS merc units took Clan contracts for the event and totally lopsided the game population.
If PGI were to freeze all allegiance changes 30 days prior to the event and until it was over, that might stop them from doing so. Davion was at the bottom with Marik and Liao, the event was just lopsided. Luckily, it was just a test.

This was what I refer to with my question

View PostKnight2416, on 05 May 2015 - 06:50 PM, said:

Question, how many of the top teams are Faction teams vs Merc Units?

Clan Wolf won, but top slot -MS-. What other factions have mercs in top 5 slot

#11 Shadey99

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 07:19 PM

View Postpattonesque, on 05 May 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

thanks in advance

Maybe you need to read those unit stats a bit better yourself? The numbers suggest only a handful of units did badly, and for as many people that I know of to have gone into mixed groups during Tukayyid it's the quickest surest way to lower w/l ratio for their units (as a loss hits multiple units when it's a mixed group and they tend to be less coordinated).

Personally I practically lived on the Davion ts, because it was often damn hard to keep 12 man teams going without pugging it. Most active Davion units have very low participation (sadly the numbers don't show percent to complete the challenges like earlier stats had). Heck I played dozens of matches with -BO- who have the highest Davion w/l in the stats with all of 10 people participating. My personal average was around 2/3rds wins higher than my unit average and I did 87 matches during the event.

Merc units btw dominated the leaderboards of the other houses, where as Davion had house units in the top spots... So I guess the Kurita loyalists can't hack it either as their mercs did all the work for them. Good going. Good thing you have deep pockets?

Edited by Shadey99, 05 May 2015 - 07:29 PM.

#12 PerfectDuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 328 posts
  • LocationLenexa, KS

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:37 PM

View PostShadey99, on 05 May 2015 - 07:19 PM, said:

The numbers suggest only a handful of units did badly, and for as many people that I know of to have gone into mixed groups during Tukayyid it's the quickest surest way to lower w/l ratio for their units (as a loss hits multiple units when it's a mixed group and they tend to be less coordinated).

You must have a very subjective idea of what 'badly' means. The numbers suggest all but a few Davion units in the top 25 did between mediocre and poor. Negative win/loss on the majority of units, and the ones that are not negative W/L don't venture far from 50% either. Also, playing in mixed groups is no excuse. I never once had more than 6 other NS players with me for the event, and by teaming up with others in House Kurita teamspeak I won 51 out of a total 54 games played during the event.

View PostShadey99, on 05 May 2015 - 07:19 PM, said:

Merc units btw dominated the leaderboards of the other houses, where as Davion had house units in the top spots... So I guess the Kurita loyalists can't hack it either as their mercs did all the work for them. Good going. Good thing you have deep pockets?

Okay, the mercs could have done anything during this event. They could've just as easily been Davion. Let's compare the top 5 of each house without any mercs.

House Kurita:
[228th IBR is mercenary]
1 Night's Scorn: 1888 matches 1509 wins 79.9%
[Antares Scorpions is mercenary]
[Varangian Guard is FRR Loyalist playing in Kurita for some reason]
[Black Widow Company Veteran Mercs are mercs]
2. 6th Rangers Night Talons: 1573 matches 870 wins 55.3%
3. 3rd Takata Lancers: 1147 matches 697 wins 60.8%
4. 9th Sword of the Dragon: 999 matches 592 wins 59.3%
5. Old Fanged Farts: are Russian and possibly merc but I haven't heard of them being outside of Kurita: 930 matches 508 wins 54.6%
6. If unsatisfied with using OFF as #5 slot, then 5th would be NKVA: 538 matches 487 wins 90.5%

House Davion:
1. Robinsin Rangers Brigade: 1841 matches 946 wins 51.4%
2. Aces Wild: 1916 matches 788 wins 41.1%
[Praetorian Legion are mercs]
3. 66th Avalon Hussars: 979 matches 587 wins 60.0%
4. HeadHunters of Davion: 1327 matches 548 wins 41.3%
5. 31st Hussar Regiment: 788 matches 388 wins 49.2%

As far as mercs 'doing all the work' for Kurita, even if all the mercs were gone Kurita would show a landslide more influence on the Battle of Tukayyid than Davion, particularly in the 'wins' department.

#13 RjBass3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 635 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationKansas City MO.

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:57 PM

View Postpattonesque, on 05 May 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

thanks in advance

Blah blah blah. What unit are you with? Because according to your signature you are just a lone wolf, meaning your contribution to the fight meant next to nothing. Get a NS, NKVA or other Kurita house unit tag and we might take you more seriously.

#14 RjBass3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 635 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:02 PM

View PostPerfectDuck, on 05 May 2015 - 08:37 PM, said:

You must have a very subjective idea of what 'badly' means. The numbers suggest all but a few Davion units in the top 25 did between mediocre and poor. Negative win/loss on the majority of units, and the ones that are not negative W/L don't venture far from 50% either. Also, playing in mixed groups is no excuse. I never once had more than 6 other NS players with me for the event, and by teaming up with others in House Kurita teamspeak I won 51 out of a total 54 games played during the event.

Okay, the mercs could have done anything during this event. They could've just as easily been Davion. Let's compare the top 5 of each house without any mercs.

House Kurita:
[228th IBR is mercenary]
1 Night's Scorn: 1888 matches 1509 wins 79.9%
[Antares Scorpions is mercenary]
[Varangian Guard is FRR Loyalist playing in Kurita for some reason]
[Black Widow Company Veteran Mercs are mercs]
2. 6th Rangers Night Talons: 1573 matches 870 wins 55.3%
3. 3rd Takata Lancers: 1147 matches 697 wins 60.8%
4. 9th Sword of the Dragon: 999 matches 592 wins 59.3%
5. Old Fanged Farts: are Russian and possibly merc but I haven't heard of them being outside of Kurita: 930 matches 508 wins 54.6%
6. If unsatisfied with using OFF as #5 slot, then 5th would be NKVA: 538 matches 487 wins 90.5%

House Davion:
1. Robinsin Rangers Brigade: 1841 matches 946 wins 51.4%
2. Aces Wild: 1916 matches 788 wins 41.1%
[Praetorian Legion are mercs]
3. 66th Avalon Hussars: 979 matches 587 wins 60.0%
4. HeadHunters of Davion: 1327 matches 548 wins 41.3%
5. 31st Hussar Regiment: 788 matches 388 wins 49.2%

As far as mercs 'doing all the work' for Kurita, even if all the mercs were gone Kurita would show a landslide more influence on the Battle of Tukayyid than Davion, particularly in the 'wins' department.

Thats not a bad comparison, and if anything it just shows myself and others that we need to be working a bit harder. RRB doesn't field any competitive companies, and was organizing mixed Davion drops that were mostly RRB but a few others thrown in to complete the 12. Considering not even half of our unit participated I thought we did ok. Much respect to the high win percentage Kurita units.

#15 Dimento Graven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:46 PM

My experience with the event just showed what most of us already knew, Davion, Liao, and Marik didn't have a lot of direct experience fighting clanners.

Took some of us a bit of time to adjust our tactics to clanner strategies and technology advantages.

Once we did that, we were (where RRB filled the majority drop slots anyway) were pasting clans pretty regularly. Once we started getting mixes of other units with people that OBVIOUSLY hadn't played CW much (I mean c'mon, you bring an f'ing STOCK urbie to this event?!?! REALLY?) and we ran into some issues. Also the inexperienced people not understanding that pug tactics, hiding behind something that hits hard and dashing out to steal kills, NOT the most effective in CW was kind of a bother too, but over all, once we figured out how to fight the clans we did really well.

But, admittedly, we started with a fairly steep win/loss deficit before we got ourselves winning strategies...

#16 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:17 PM

This whole thread was started because someone suffered too much rejection and is now pissing in our cheerios. They make pills for real life inadequacy, check them out. Might help you be less bitter. Orcjoin Davion, find out what a real haircut looks like and then you'll do better in the romance department.

#17 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:54 AM

It wasnt a problem that we were fighting the Clans, it was that so many people showed up who had obviously never played CW before. When dropping with names I recognised (thankyou to RRB and ARMD especially) we did just fine, but when a pilot like me is topping the scoreboard, its not a good sign.

#18 pattonesque

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 05:05 AM

View PostRjBass3, on 05 May 2015 - 08:57 PM, said:

Blah blah blah. What unit are you with? Because according to your signature you are just a lone wolf, meaning your contribution to the fight meant next to nothing. Get a NS, NKVA or other Kurita house unit tag and we might take you more seriously.

hey man, I'm just saying you guys need to do better

I bet when Hanse Davion sees how his house single-handedly lost Tukayyid he'll have a heart attack

#19 Dimento Graven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:19 AM

View Postpattonesque, on 06 May 2015 - 05:05 AM, said:

I bet when Hanse Davion sees how his house single-handedly lost Tukayyid he'll have a heart attack
Hmmm... Well smart guy, maybe next time we will, and if you win without us, man will you have bragging rights, BUT, if you still lose without us, let PGI make the entirety of Kuritan space a Clanner territory in the next reset, ie: Kurita won't exist...

#20 RjBass3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 635 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:50 AM

View Postpattonesque, on 06 May 2015 - 05:05 AM, said:

And I'm just saying, telling us to do better when you don't even represent one of the Kurita units that did so well means you are just trying to ride on the coat tails of your betters. Stop squawking already and own up to the fact that your contribution to the fight meant nothing. Stop trying to claim the glory from the Kurita house units that earned it. Nobody likes a poser.

Edited by RjBass3, 06 May 2015 - 06:51 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users