Could House Davion Sit Out The Next Battle Of Tukayyid?

67 replies to this topic

#41 Lance425

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 110 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:45 AM

Love the stats. Wish we could see more of them. Good job Nights Scorn and most of the FRR! House units that stood your ground!

As far as the Comp Merc units go. You did what you are used to doing. Good job as well!

#42 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:48 AM

Right now almost every faction consists of large numbers of Mercenary Units at any specific time. A few units with large enough player bases such as MS, 228, CI and such can under the current system have a very large effect on the shifts and swings of the current incarnation of CW.

At the early stages of CW Beta 1, HK was slow to react and to get its members active, some units due to real life issues.etc. But the core players stayed active, kept working up and by utilizing the hub teamspeak. By mixing in the unit members, by building up the CW knowledge of various units we managed to build a solid core of players and drop callers.

This in turn allowed units to build up their own teams by having experienced players sharing that knowledge. This combined with the fact that HK runs its drop groups mixed a lot, means that shared strategies and tactics are common place. Where possible, new players are helped and everyone is welcome to drop and new units are encouraged to come on to the hub.

That is how Kurita built up its CW base. Nothing stopping other factions from doing similar, in fact by doing so will encourage us to continue to improve.

#43 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:55 AM

View Postpattonesque, on 06 May 2015 - 10:11 AM, said:

WoL

lol.

#44 pattonesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 12:08 PM

View PostChef Kerensky, on 06 May 2015 - 11:55 AM, said:

lol.

I know right

it's like a desert out there

#45 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 May 2015 - 12:56 PM

View PostRepasy, on 06 May 2015 - 10:54 AM, said:

Lol, well aren't you just a pathetic ****. Trying to chalk up the Clans' lore-changing victory to noobs' fault? We fought HARD for Tukayyid outnumbered 2 to 1 and you know it. Most times we didn't have enough players to cover all the nodes, and in the end it came down to literally a handful of battles.

How DARE you ask for players to sit out the next season, ComWar participation is freaking low enough as it is. Seriously! How DAAARE you... >: (

Just a couple of things (and I'm not attacking, or anything like that, just a few minor corrections):
1- Clan Wolf had MS, which is in fact, several merc groups, and whether I like it or not, they are considered the best CW group right now, or at least one of the best. However, they are not a clan wolf unit. The number 1 scoring unit for clan wolf, and all the clans, is a merc unit.

2- The clans were never outnumbered in this version of Tukayyid, since the max number of matches was capped, and locked. To remove player population imbalance. If it wasn't done, and the clans lost, this would literally be the number one complaint by clan players about how tukayyid went.

3- Everyone fought hard, and tempers run hot sometimes for these competitive events.

[This one goes out to everyone]:
4- Why on earth are you guys responding to such weak bait from a WoL player? Maybe I've spent too much time in the underbelly of the internet so I'm used to it, but this is really the lamest attempt at trolling. Just ignore the derp!

It's a WoL player (Liao, basically), who's posing as Kurita. This only has 4 translations:
1- He's trying to agitate Kurita and Davion some more
2- He's posing as Kurita to troll
3- He's posing as Kurita to try and get some "internet glory" that he didn't earn
4- He's just here to start a mess, and agitate people for the hell of it.

View PostCyclonerM, on 06 May 2015 - 11:15 AM, said:

If i am not wrong, all of them.
Kurita: 3
Liao: 2
Davion: 2
FRR: 1, however their top 5 unit is now fighting for Clan Wolf (but they say they are loyal to the FRR)
Marik: 1
Steiner: 2
Smoke Jaguar: 1-2, not sure
Wolf: 2
Ghost Bear: 1-2, not sure
Falcon: 3-4 not sure

Hope this helps.

While MS is listed as 1 unit. MS is in fact several units. So technically, the top spot is shared between several (a dozen or so?) units.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 06 May 2015 - 12:57 PM.

#46 Grynos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 221 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:44 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 06 May 2015 - 12:56 PM, said:

Just a couple of things (and I'm not attacking, or anything like that, just a few minor corrections):
1- Clan Wolf had MS, which is in fact, several merc groups, and whether I like it or not, they are considered the best CW group right now, or at least one of the best. However, they are not a clan wolf unit. The number 1 scoring unit for clan wolf, and all the clans, is a merc unit.

2- The clans were never outnumbered in this version of Tukayyid, since the max number of matches was capped, and locked. To remove player population imbalance. If it wasn't done, and the clans lost, this would literally be the number one complaint by clan players about how tukayyid went.

3- Everyone fought hard, and tempers run hot sometimes for these competitive events.

[This one goes out to everyone]:
4- Why on earth are you guys responding to such weak bait from a WoL player? Maybe I've spent too much time in the underbelly of the internet so I'm used to it, but this is really the lamest attempt at trolling. Just ignore the derp!

It's a WoL player (Liao, basically), who's posing as Kurita. This only has 4 translations:
1- He's trying to agitate Kurita and Davion some more
2- He's posing as Kurita to troll
3- He's posing as Kurita to try and get some "internet glory" that he didn't earn
4- He's just here to start a mess, and agitate people for the hell of it.

While MS is listed as 1 unit. MS is in fact several units. So technically, the top spot is shared between several (a dozen or so?) units.

Since you have been away for a little while, let me give you the summarized version.

1. WoL has been traveling around getting free Robot Bays because it is fun.
2. WoL has been with Kurita now for about how two months because with our lack of numbers ( due to CW having as much substance as a hot air balloon ) if we choose to do CW it is the best spot for us. Kurita is the most organized faction in IS if not overall. It is also very wise to learn from a faction that knows how to deal with clan drops.
3. Davion has been irrelevant for quite some time now ( it's really a shame ) due to whatever reasons. My guess is blame PGI.
4. As a whole the three southern Houses did not fair well, perhaps it is because of the lack of actually facing Clans on a normal basis. Better competition makes weaker players, stronger.

Well that pretty much sums it up welcome back..
SQUAWK!!!

Edited by Grynos, 06 May 2015 - 02:46 PM.

#47 t w

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:56 PM

View PostKnight2416, on 05 May 2015 - 06:50 PM, said:

Question, how many of the top teams are Faction teams vs Merc Units?

Good question!
I can tell you this much: The #1 unit in the inner sphere is a proud Kurita loyalist!

View PostPerfectDuck, on 05 May 2015 - 08:37 PM, said:

You must have a very subjective idea of what 'badly' means. The numbers suggest all but a few Davion units in the top 25 did between mediocre and poor. Negative win/loss on the majority of units, and the ones that are not negative W/L don't venture far from 50% either. Also, playing in mixed groups is no excuse. I never once had more than 6 other NS players with me for the event, and by teaming up with others in House Kurita teamspeak I won 51 out of a total 54 games played during the event.

Okay, the mercs could have done anything during this event. They could've just as easily been Davion. Let's compare the top 5 of each house without any mercs.

House Kurita:
[228th IBR is mercenary]
1 Night's Scorn: 1888 matches 1509 wins 79.9%
[Antares Scorpions is mercenary]
[Varangian Guard is FRR Loyalist playing in Kurita for some reason]
[Black Widow Company Veteran Mercs are mercs]
2. 6th Rangers Night Talons: 1573 matches 870 wins 55.3%
3. 3rd Takata Lancers: 1147 matches 697 wins 60.8%
4. 9th Sword of the Dragon: 999 matches 592 wins 59.3%
5. Old Fanged Farts: are Russian and possibly merc but I haven't heard of them being outside of Kurita: 930 matches 508 wins 54.6%
6. If unsatisfied with using OFF as #5 slot, then 5th would be NKVA: 538 matches 487 wins 90.5%

House Davion:
1. Robinsin Rangers Brigade: 1841 matches 946 wins 51.4%
2. Aces Wild: 1916 matches 788 wins 41.1%
[Praetorian Legion are mercs]
3. 66th Avalon Hussars: 979 matches 587 wins 60.0%
4. HeadHunters of Davion: 1327 matches 548 wins 41.3%
5. 31st Hussar Regiment: 788 matches 388 wins 49.2%

As far as mercs 'doing all the work' for Kurita, even if all the mercs were gone Kurita would show a landslide more influence on the Battle of Tukayyid than Davion, particularly in the 'wins' department.

Sorry your list is wrong.
Please refer to figure below:
Posted Image

#48 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:58 PM

View PostPerfectDuck, on 05 May 2015 - 08:37 PM, said:

You must have a very subjective idea of what 'badly' means. The numbers suggest all but a few Davion units in the top 25 did between mediocre and poor. Negative win/loss on the majority of units, and the ones that are not negative W/L don't venture far from 50% either. Also, playing in mixed groups is no excuse. I never once had more than 6 other NS players with me for the event, and by teaming up with others in House Kurita teamspeak I won 51 out of a total 54 games played during the event.

Okay, the mercs could have done anything during this event. They could've just as easily been Davion. Let's compare the top 5 of each house without any mercs.

House Kurita:
[228th IBR is mercenary]
1 Night's Scorn: 1888 matches 1509 wins 79.9%
[Antares Scorpions is mercenary]
[Varangian Guard is FRR Loyalist playing in Kurita for some reason]
[Black Widow Company Veteran Mercs are mercs]
2. 6th Rangers Night Talons: 1573 matches 870 wins 55.3%
3. 3rd Takata Lancers: 1147 matches 697 wins 60.8%
4. 9th Sword of the Dragon: 999 matches 592 wins 59.3%
5. Old Fanged Farts: are Russian and possibly merc but I haven't heard of them being outside of Kurita: 930 matches 508 wins 54.6%
6. If unsatisfied with using OFF as #5 slot, then 5th would be NKVA: 538 matches 487 wins 90.5%

House Davion:
1. Robinsin Rangers Brigade: 1841 matches 946 wins 51.4%
2. Aces Wild: 1916 matches 788 wins 41.1%
[Praetorian Legion are mercs]
3. 66th Avalon Hussars: 979 matches 587 wins 60.0%
4. HeadHunters of Davion: 1327 matches 548 wins 41.3%
5. 31st Hussar Regiment: 788 matches 388 wins 49.2%

As far as mercs 'doing all the work' for Kurita, even if all the mercs were gone Kurita would show a landslide more influence on the Battle of Tukayyid than Davion, particularly in the 'wins' department.

Remanent (mercs, all twelve that played) were 68% W/L for Kurita lol

#49 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 May 2015 - 03:08 PM

View PostGrynos, on 06 May 2015 - 02:44 PM, said:

Since you have been away for a little while, let me give you the summarized version.

1. WoL has been traveling around getting free Robot Bays because it is fun.
2. WoL has been with Kurita now for about how two months because with our lack of numbers ( due to CW having as much substance as a hot air balloon ) if we choose to do CW it is the best spot for us. Kurita is the most organized faction in IS if not overall. It is also very wise to learn from a faction that knows how to deal with clan drops.
3. Davion has been irrelevant for quite some time now ( it's really a shame ) due to whatever reasons. My guess is blame PGI.
4. As a whole the three southern Houses did not fair well, perhaps it is because of the lack of actually facing Clans on a normal basis. Better competition makes weaker players, stronger.

Well that pretty much sums it up welcome back..
SQUAWK!!!

In case I wasn't clear in my post. I had no comments on what WoL was doing. I was commenting on his actions, alone. Bringing up his association with WoL to remind people that he's not a Kurita loyalist. Since WoL is not a Kurita house unit.

#50 WANTED

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 611 posts
  • LocationFt. Worth, TX

Posted 06 May 2015 - 03:26 PM

Heh.. I was kinda wondering how long it would be before someone posted this.

#51 VorpalAnvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Cantillon Brewery

Posted 06 May 2015 - 03:41 PM

All this talking and posturing could easily be solved along the Davion/Kurita border. hint hint, wink wink, nod nod...

#52 pattonesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 03:45 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 06 May 2015 - 03:08 PM, said:

In case I wasn't clear in my post. I had no comments on what WoL was doing. I was commenting on his actions, alone. Bringing up his association with WoL to remind people that he's not a Kurita loyalist. Since WoL is not a Kurita house unit.

I'm a Kurita likealist

kurita bros I've played with seem p. cool

when we used to fight for liao and roll davion 12-mans they would resort to refusing to open the gates to waste the whole 30 minutes and "tie us up"

it was p. great seeing that strong marriage of tactical and strategic acumen from davion on Tukayyid

#53 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 May 2015 - 03:49 PM

View PostVorpalAnvil, on 06 May 2015 - 03:41 PM, said:

All this talking and posturing could easily be solved along the Davion/Kurita border. hint hint, wink wink, nod nod...

That might happen. Or not. If only PGI could make it so that solo drops can only be done on your own territory while groups can go elsewhere within the faction, things could be so much better.

(ex: In this case, our Kurita, and Davion pubs can slug it out on their own, while our organized groups can drop on the kurita/CSJ border on behalf of Kurita. Without having pubs from all other IS houses clogging up that border as well)

and that's how Davion and Kurita solve this, by combining forces to skin clan Walrus Jesus.

View Postpattonesque, on 06 May 2015 - 03:45 PM, said:

I'm a Kurita likealist

kurita bros I've played with seem p. cool

when we used to fight for liao and roll davion 12-mans they would resort to refusing to open the gates to waste the whole 30 minutes and "tie us up"

it was p. great seeing that strong marriage of tactical and strategic acumen from Davion on Tukayyid

I will give you this: That post is a better attempt than the OP 4.5/10 You're almost there (if you can take advantage of the clue I just dropped you)

Also, since you have no record (in your own words), of those 12-man rolls, and this is the internet, where everyone is an expert and the bestest at everything, your credibility is running pretty short.

#54 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:47 AM

It currently has 8 units, i just asked.

On the other hand, CWI is formed by 3 Galaxies, each with 1-2 Clusters. By this logic, would they be considered 3 different "units"?

It is still true that MS has had a big impact, but that was simply by sheer numbers, which were one if not THE major factor during the event.

If you count the partecipating members, you will see that the regular Wolf units combined had about double of the partecipating players vs merc players, so i still think that they had a bigger impact overall.

Talking about numbers, i think it is worth noting that while they have 8 units, they still have less total members than SWOL and not many more than CWI. The difference of partecipating members is not huge as well.

Oth, it is also true that the number of wins is similar between all the regular vs merc units in the top 5. However, # of partecipating members was an important factor there, more players = more teams = more wins.

I still think CW is a Game of Numbers, now even more than ever.

#55 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:50 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 07 May 2015 - 04:47 AM, said:

I still think CW is a Game of Numbers, now even more than ever.

Sad, but all too true

#56 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 07 May 2015 - 08:41 AM

This wasn't just true of Wolf. Here's the #1 ranked unit for each faction and my best recollection whether they are loyalist of merc (someone will correct me if I'm mistaken, I'm sure):

Clan Wolf, Mercstar (Merc)
Davion, Robinson Rangers Brigade (Loyalist)
FRR, Phoenix Legion (Merc)
Ghost Bear, Clan Ghost Bear International (Loyalist)
Jade Falcon, Smoking J's (Merc?)
Kurita, 228th IBR (Merc)
Liao, Tikonov Commonality Armed Forces (Loyalist?)
Marik, 313th Czechoslovak Mech Company (Loyalist?)
Smoke Jaguar, Smoke Adders (Loyalist?)
Steiner, Skye Rangers of Terra (Loyalist?)

So, the top faction in the IS (Kurita) was also led by a merc unit.

I think the following units are the current members of -MS- (doing this from memory, no access to game right now):

Swords of Kentares (SwK)
Star League Reborn (SLR)
The Forsaken Few (TFF)
Ordo Ursa (-OU-)
..... (BSA) (can't recall their full name right now, sorry guys)
Golden Eagle Merc Corps (GEMC)
Bad News Bears (BnB)

I feel like I might be missing one or two... So, not quite a dozen.

Edited to add: CyclonerM verified 8 total, so I'm definitely missing somebody.

-MS- has also had a large influx of new players coinciding with the event that have -MS- unit tags in game, but who are still part of the MS Reserves, meaning they haven't yet selected or been invited to one of the above units. Think of them as new recruits and not yet full-fledged unit members. In any given drop (CW or public group) there will likely be a mix of players from various units (including MS Reserves), but all on the same comms and wearing the -MS- unit designation.

Edited by Khereg, 07 May 2015 - 08:45 AM.

#57 Harlock Fredrick

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationMissoula Montana

Posted 07 May 2015 - 09:57 AM

The only way i do that is if you buy me resistence pack 2 and 130 days of game time. Btw does your mommy and daddy know your trying to troll?

Edited by Brazzez, 07 May 2015 - 09:58 AM.

#58 Chaosbarbarian

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 21 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 07 May 2015 - 09:59 AM

You had better believe the top Steiner Unit is Loyalist, 30min wait times 25 min drop, average of 4 12mans queueing=nightmare, the three "southern" factions fared badly cos Steiner and Kurita have had to figure tactics that will nullify the clans tech advantage and have been doing so for ages.

All sides had new PUGs playing CW with trial mechs and no modules.

It came down to an even fight as far as numbers are concerned and a lack of XP for some factions...thats all

#59 Harlock Fredrick

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationMissoula Montana

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:30 AM

We are trying trust me but when Units are grouping up with other units your mixing defrent combat styles and also i have been noticing alot of Unit members get into CW with davion tags and they refuse to work with anyone or even use in game coms. I will have to agree that its getting out of control. And im sure its going on in other boarders as well. There isnt a moment i dont facepalm when i see ununit Davions in CW and watch them run off and do there own thing or worse. get infront of a push and stop and hit reverse. Or my most loved one. Run at the other team and no focus fire or shooting legs off stormcrows. you have no idea how bad im losing my feel for my Beloved Faction. Victor Davion would be slaping the living hell out of are pilots if he saw how this was going. I as a Davion Pilot follow Victor Davion Steiner any where. If he is willing to work with Kurita and save Coordinator's son I would do the same for any Kurita pilot and also who does he work with in the march to the clanners? guess what... House Kurita and Davion work as a team. Why i ask WHY cant we do this in the game?

Edited by Brazzez, 07 May 2015 - 11:36 AM.

#60 Commissar Aku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 195 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:16 PM

Can we all just agree that House Davion sucks and that they should be the default faction, because that is where all the crappy players end up anyway?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users