Could House Davion Sit Out The Next Battle Of Tukayyid?

67 replies to this topic

#61 PerfectDuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 328 posts
  • LocationLenexa, KS

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:44 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 06 May 2015 - 03:49 PM, said:

Also, since you have no record (in your own words), of those 12-man rolls, and this is the internet, where everyone is an expert and the bestest at everything, your credibility is running pretty short.

I'll go ahead and stick my neck out on this one and back up Pattonesque. All teams across the board who used the House Kurita teamspeak saw very favorable win/loss rates throughout the Tukayyid event. I dropped in dozens of mixed groups with whoever we could scrounge up within the HK teamspeak and enjoyed the kinds of win-rates Pattonesque is talking about. I personally saw 51 victories out of 54 games played during the event. Speaking strictly about 12-mans formed up within HK teamspeak, it's no bs we really do win a lot.

#62 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:57 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 07 May 2015 - 04:47 AM, said:

I still think CW is a Game of Numbers, now even more than ever.

All too true.

View PostPerfectDuck, on 07 May 2015 - 01:44 PM, said:

I'll go ahead and stick my neck out on this one and back up Pattonesque. All teams across the board who used the House Kurita teamspeak saw very favorable win/loss rates throughout the Tukayyid event. I dropped in dozens of mixed groups with whoever we could scrounge up within the HK teamspeak and enjoyed the kinds of win-rates Pattonesque is talking about. I personally saw 51 victories out of 54 games played during the event. Speaking strictly about 12-mans formed up within HK teamspeak, it's no bs we really do win a lot.

You're a very nice guy for doing this.

To be clear I wasn't questioning Kurita win rates in Tukayyid. I was referring to pattonesque's boast of 12 man rolls, and using the lack of evidence established earlier.

TL;DR: we're goofing around, and none of this should be taken seriously.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 07 May 2015 - 02:01 PM.

#63 Samurai Hanse Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 243 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:05 PM

View Postpattonesque, on 06 May 2015 - 05:05 AM, said:

hey man, I'm just saying you guys need to do better

I bet when Hanse Davion sees how his house single-handedly lost Tukayyid he'll have a heart attack

The House Of The Samurai Fared Well Upon This Planet.

#64 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:03 PM

View PostRjBass3, on 06 May 2015 - 10:54 AM, said:

Like I said, either in this thread or another, maybe it was on Reddit, I don't remember, but if anything, I learned that many of us need to work harder if we want to be more successful in CW. But to do so also means we have to have the drive to do it. I know I have the drive to do it, but I don't really have the time between family, work, and real life. Considering most in RRB are in the same boat as me, I thought we didn't do to bad. We don't field any serious competitive units, and there is only a small fraction of us that like CW. Out of all the RRB members that participated in CW, only about half of them participated for more than say 5 or 10 drops. We had members of RRB who have stated numerous times in the past how much they hate CW, yet they were in it for the challenge. Having MWO vets who are also virtual CW noobs didn't help us at times.

In the end I can make excuses until the cows come home and it won't change anything. The battle is over, the stats are out, and none of it really matters. I will still be hosting WNW tonight, I will still be dropping in CW, and no non unit aligned wannabes are gonna be able to prevent that. Ifwe win we win, if we loose we loose, so long as I make some cbills and have fun, i'm good with it.

Courtesy FYI, it's actually not as much work as you probably think it is to get good at MWO. You see a lot of people say "I don't have time to learn the meta or practice for hours and hours," but time isn't really the limiting factor, information is.

A large reason for the deficit in player skill among a lot of players is that the game itself offers virtually no good advice/training/information, and the community is stuck in a never-ending loop of bad advice proffered by players learning the wrong lessons from battles because the game doesn't do a very good job of illustrating what went wrong when you lose or what went right when you win. It doesn't help that the scarcity of good advice means there seems to be an unspoken rule among the top players not to share anything helpful or useful with anyone they might drop against. Once you start to get a hold of good advice (from basic stuff like "lrms are bad" and "always torso twist after firing" to more advanced stuff like where the good and bad positions are on each map) everything else comes pretty naturally. This is why the unit that has existed for *checks calendar* 5 months had a 90% win rate on Tukayyid.

Also shameless plug: there are other limiting factors too, including a lack of good mechs for new players to drop in, but you might want to help fix that by liking the new champion builds that Moderate Pudding and B33f put together in the champion rebuild threads: https://docs.google....MenvweJleY/edit

I mean don't get me wrong, I love cackling maniacally while stomping clueless pugs, but at this point it can only be healthy for the game to start sharing information that's, you know. Useful.

#65 Suzumiya Haruhi no Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 413 posts
  • Locationjapan

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:34 PM

treacherous talk

#66 IdolElite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 175 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA, Terra

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:37 PM

I only managed 6 CW games during the Tukayyid event due to real life. All my games were with at least a 4 man on the Davion server and they all went pretty well and we did only win half which seems to be the standard. We got rickrolled by Ghost Bear twice and kicked the crap out of Clan Wolf twice. The other 2 I can't find the screenshot of. I only got to run with one C4 12 man and it was a lot of fun.

I saw a number of players do extremely well and i saw some flail about helplessly. In my Unit C4 I saw all our guys fight admirably and they all represented Davion well despite our poor W/L ratio. Anyhow, the drops i did make were pleasant experiences and isn't that the point? I run my defeat banner in my cockpit proudly(ish).

If you must look for a cause then some contributing factors as to why Davion didn't do super amazing on Tukayyid could be the following...

Marik, Liao and Davion mostly fight other IS factions and that could have contributed to higher loss rates and less overall success due to different strategies being necessary in some situations vs Clan. Also, Davion is as has been mentioned frequently on the forums the "good guy" faction as portrayed by Stackpole, that does mean a fair amount of players may naturally gravitate towards Davion when new to the game solely because of lore.

In general Davion was only a few percentage points away from most factions, it wouldn't take too much bad luck to come out how we did.

Ultimately, SOMEONE had to have the worst record. So at least we're the best at that.

Edited by IdolElite, 07 May 2015 - 04:43 PM.

#67 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:20 PM

View PostIdolElite, on 07 May 2015 - 04:37 PM, said:

I only managed 6 CW games during the Tukayyid event due to real life. All my games were with at least a 4 man on the Davion server and they all went pretty well and we did only win half which seems to be the standard. We got rickrolled by Ghost Bear twice and kicked the crap out of Clan Wolf twice. The other 2 I can't find the screenshot of. I only got to run with one C4 12 man and it was a lot of fun.

I saw a number of players do extremely well and i saw some flail about helplessly. In my Unit C4 I saw all our guys fight admirably and they all represented Davion well despite our poor W/L ratio. Anyhow, the drops i did make were pleasant experiences and isn't that the point? I run my defeat banner in my cockpit proudly(ish).

If you must look for a cause then some contributing factors as to why Davion didn't do super amazing on Tukayyid could be the following...

Marik, Liao and Davion mostly fight other IS factions and that could have contributed to higher loss rates and less overall success due to different strategies being necessary in some situations vs Clan. Also, Davion is as has been mentioned frequently on the forums the "good guy" faction as portrayed by Stackpole, that does mean a fair amount of players may naturally gravitate towards Davion when new to the game solely because of lore.

In general Davion was only a few percentage points away from most factions, it wouldn't take too much bad luck to come out how we did.

Ultimately, SOMEONE had to have the worst record. So at least we're the best at that.

What are you doing with your mature viewpoint, and sensible thoughts? The internet is no place for those! No! We must rage, and cry taunt, and tease, and raise our blood pressure to fatal levels over pixels on the interwebs!

(Seriously mate, you are awesome, and that is the right attitude. I wish more people would be like you.)

Edited by IraqiWalker, 07 May 2015 - 07:20 PM.

#68 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:41 AM

View PostShadey99, on 05 May 2015 - 07:19 PM, said:

Maybe you need to read those unit stats a bit better yourself? The numbers suggest only a handful of units did badly, and for as many people that I know of to have gone into mixed groups during Tukayyid it's the quickest surest way to lower w/l ratio for their units (as a loss hits multiple units when it's a mixed group and they tend to be less coordinated).

Personally I practically lived on the Davion ts, because it was often damn hard to keep 12 man teams going without pugging it. Most active Davion units have very low participation (sadly the numbers don't show percent to complete the challenges like earlier stats had). Heck I played dozens of matches with -BO- who have the highest Davion w/l in the stats with all of 10 people participating. My personal average was around 2/3rds wins higher than my unit average and I did 87 matches during the event.

Merc units btw dominated the leaderboards of the other houses, where as Davion had house units in the top spots... So I guess the Kurita loyalists can't hack it either as their mercs did all the work for them. Good going. Good thing you have deep pockets?

It is sweet having a sugar daddy fo sho.

NS placed second out of some tough MERC competition and NKVA had over a 90% win rate ... typical House Unit was over 55% win rate aside from NS / NKVA. Personally in mixed groups and NS 12 man I was 51 out of 55 matches. Losses mostly coming against some close quality matches against Jade Falcon units.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users