5 replies to this topic

#1 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:47 AM

I am not speaking for Marik leadership. I just thought of this idea and want to put it out here for input.

Now that we have all tasted a lot of Clan blood, is it time we organize joint Liao & Marik Clan border operations? Since we are such allies, it makes sense to me to bring that alliance closer by running joint operations against our common enemy.

We could coordinate drops using one of our TS servers and run joint coms. I'm sure we can manipulate the queue's for us to drop together. For example, two 6 man teams simultaneously dropping using joint coms should allow us to run together on a Clan Defend.

Let face it, our current borders are not where the action is. I'm all for coordinated skirmishes between ourselves, heck I'm Marik and we fight each other all the time, but the real action is on the Clan front and until we have a means to open our own attack lane, defense is all we have. Can you get a Unit tag on a planet that is not your faction?

What do you think?

Edited by Duncan1dah0, 06 May 2015 - 06:47 AM.

#2 Lightning0861

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 60 posts
  • LocationBerenson, Free Worlds League

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:01 AM

I second this. We cant group up together say 6 Marik and 6 Liao and drop on the clan border? If we cant we can definitely use comms to drop together on the same planet at the same time and hopefully drop in at the same time.

#3 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:58 AM

In theory, it's a nice idea, but it's very hard in practice. Davion is focusing on us in NA prime right now because we're the only faction they can outnumber. Our numbers are all in TCAF's wheelhouse, and I doubt there are many Marik units online in that time frame.

#4 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 12:16 PM

Marik pilots: I'm sure you saw our player count from Tukayyid. Though those numbers are not all the Liao players we have, it's indicative of the ratios of the CW-playing population. From those stats, next smallest faction is 62% larger than Liao and Davion is nearly 3 times our size.

So... priorities... That's how the CCAF dealt with the situation in lore and how it's being dealt with in CW :)

#5 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:39 PM

View PostBlackhawkSC, on 06 May 2015 - 12:16 PM, said:

Marik pilots: I'm sure you saw our player count from Tukayyid. Though those numbers are not all the Liao players we have, it's indicative of the ratios of the CW-playing population. From those stats, next smallest faction is 62% larger than Liao and Davion is nearly 3 times our size.

So... priorities... That's how the CCAF dealt with the situation in lore and how it's being dealt with in CW :)

I was not aware that Davian had opened up a meaningful front. I understand the need to defend the homeland first.

#6 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:56 AM

When it comes to the NA window for CW, Davion basically embraces a philosophy of "If we don't have a 3-to-1 advantage, we don't bother fighting", and so they have been focusing on Liao in that window because they know it's their best chance to be able to 3-to-1 ghost drop to victory. HHoD literally doesn't even care when they lose, they just say "oh well, gg guys, while you trashed us we had another 4 regiments ghost dropping all your tiles"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users