Out with the old...in with the new!

Long live the new Chancellor!

#22 _demir

• PipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:58 PM

So you're telling me, IS gets beat and we get a nerf? uhhh, shouldn't it be the other way around?

Who is making these decisions?

Edited by demir, 11 May 2015 - 03:00 PM.

#23 crustydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:02 PM

Seems the decision will have very little effect on the vast majority of players, simply because they are not playing CW in the first place.

It probably would be better to fix that problem first.

#24 Mi Ro Ki

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 106 posts
  • LocationEta Carinae

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:03 PM

lmao, clan Epeen needs to be stroked even more after tuk event not being enough. ( following their loss )

As mentioned above, it's a population issue why the clans are being smashed and well..tactics etc

Awful decision on PGI's behalf. Oh well, sorry Russ..Back to light rushes then..

#25 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:03 PM

View Postsycocys, on 11 May 2015 - 02:54 PM, said:

With the IS ecm heavy coming out shortly I don't really see the issue with balancing things back out and giving it a whirl.

Its not going to make a difference balance wise. It is pretty clear the lopsided performance of CW this round so far is a population issue not how many tons the IS has.

I would have rather they just upped Clan tonnage to 250 instead, then at least we retain our drop deck flexibility, and the Clans get more flexibility as well.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 11 May 2015 - 03:03 PM.

#26 D34DMetal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 134 posts
  • Locationin a Mad Cat duh...

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:04 PM

View PostAdamski, on 11 May 2015 - 02:45 PM, said:

Why is PGI so intent on focusing on symptoms instead of problems?

The reason that the Clans are being pushed back is because of POPULATION IMBALANCE

Maybe if PGI re-added some population incentives then the population would even out a bit more.

Same as the reason that there is very little mech variety in CW is due to lack of balance, which needs to be addressed at the root (mech scaling & models) with quirks to bring the factions into balance. Instead PGI thinks the 1/1/1/1 rule is a good idea.

I couldn't agree with you more. Clearly there is a severe lack of insight on the part of the developers, which sadly isn't anything new around these parts.

#27 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:06 PM

Alex. this change is still not good enough. its nice to see tonnage back to where it should've been but you guys still need to go back to the drawing board.

#28 Adamski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:06 PM

As long as the Stormcrow is the unrivaled best tonnage investment for Clans, any reduction in available tonnage for the IS is just going to be handing Clans a better win%

It was only after PGI increased the IS drop tonnage to 250 that CW win rates balanced out at 53% for Clans (consistently). Lowering the IS drop tonnage is just going to push the Clans back up to 60%

#29 Texas Merc

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:07 PM

View Postdemir, on 11 May 2015 - 02:58 PM, said:

Who is making these decisions?

Posted Image

#30 Tempesst

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

your kiiding me they get armor ninja buffs and a reduction of drop tonage well i wonder what there gonna do when guilds see this get pissed off and run straight light mechs what will they have to cry about then

#31 General Peron

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

View PostGas Guzzler, on 11 May 2015 - 03:03 PM, said:

Its not going to make a difference balance wise. It is pretty clear the lopsided performance of CW this round so far is a population issue not how many tons the IS has.

I would have rather they just upped Clan tonnage to 250 instead, then at least we retain our drop deck flexibility, and the Clans get more flexibility as well.

And then we can have drops like:
- TBR - HBR - SCR - SCR
- HBR - HBR - HBR - SCR
- TBR - TBR - TBR - MLX

I think that after wave 3 will be very common to see TBR - TBR - SHC - SHC

Fine for me :P

#32 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:08 PM

Ok, hopefully there's a lot more balancing and other facets coming to CW soon. I took a break after Tukayyid v1, but there's no way I'm touching it until more comes down the pipe. I'd suggest doing the changes and new features, first, and THEN start looking at tonnage limits. If this is supposed to be because of something like the CTF-0X, then let it hit, first, and then adjust balancing as needed.

Clanners won Tukayyid. Clanners won the majority of matches in Tukayyid (not just getting the % flipped in their favor at the final stretch). Clan units had overall better win %'s on average. We're hitting the IS drop decks now, why? I'd prefer some sort of explanation from PGI on the logic, please.

#33 Tempesst

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:08 PM

gonna talk guild into dropping nothing but lights so i can laugh watching ******* with uzzi's cry

#34 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:12 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 11 May 2015 - 02:47 PM, said:

Drop Elo, get Battle Value, get rid of the 2300 limitation, make it unlimited, though both sides still have to drop within 5% of one another's BB total. Get rid of the tonnage limit, put in a BV limit. PGI, you are using so many systems that are unnecessary, are not working well, and are outside of good and existing rules. (SIGH!)
what does any of that have to do with cw? There is no Elo, and BV is totally impractical for countless reasons.

#35 Tempesst

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:13 PM

people will stop running cw if its always going to geared to the clan whats the point of playing?

#36 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:13 PM

Interesting.

This looks like test. Just put forward in a story.
See what players then adjust their drop decks to.
See how that affects the games.

I like the mention of logistics and supply lines here and it has just occurred to me that the altering of the drop deck tonnage is a fairly simple way to create the effect of logistics.

#37 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:14 PM

I know what the problem is and its not tonnage limits or nerfs or buffs. Large competitive units switching sides. MS was clan and pushed very far into IS map, now they are Kurtia and stomping clans. just one example other units doing the same thing.
  • no real reason to not be a mercanary group like MS and others that go to what ever faction gives them quickest game times or highest pay outs. Clan wars is a group game and the biggest groups are IS right now not Clan. give it time and they will go back to Clan and then we will be in the same boat.
  • No real reason to keep a planet. Unit X captures planet and gets its name on it................. whoppp eeee no one cares. if it generates MC every so often or can be upgraded outfitted how Unit X likes or really anything to give owning and controlling a planet meaning and substances it will help having the large influx of units going back and fortieth

#38 Arioch1973

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:15 PM

If that is their idea of "logistics" as they promised to introduce in Phase 3, Meeeeh! No way... Ain't 'aving it....

#39 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Sigh... I just support pretty much what everyone has already said... but I was burned out by CW already. This will just make me play less as it is...

#40 Adamski

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationCanada

Hey PGI, in LORE the IS outnumbered the Clans 4 to 1, so how about we let the IS forces bring a whole drop deck of 4 mechs, and each Clan pilot can bring their 1 mech?

Sound ******* insane? So does nerfing IS drop decks after the IS just lost a major CW event.

If you really want to shake things up, nerf IS drop deck to 240 and Clan drop deck to 230

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users