407 replies to this topic

#41 Ripper X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 343 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:16 PM

The reason Clans are getting pushed out of IS space is not because of drop tonnage. It is because most of the Merc units went IS again. Clans can only do so much against several hundred Mercs + IS Houses.

#42 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:18 PM

Ahem.

3x Thud, 1x FS9 = 230 tons. Meta deck UNCHANGED
2x Stalker, 2x FS9 = 240 Tons. Meta deck UNCHANGED

If any of you think this 10 ton change means anything, it really doesn't. Just like how the initial 10 ton increase did jack squat. Feel free to make a mountain out of a molehill non issue, however. :D

I will see myself out now. Enjoy.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 11 May 2015 - 03:20 PM.

#43 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,249 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:21 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 11 May 2015 - 03:18 PM, said:

Ahem.

3x Thud, 1x FS9 = 230 tons. Meta deck UNCHANGED
2x Stalker, 2x FS9 = 240 Tons. Meta deck UNCHANGED

If any of you think this 10 ton change means anything, it really doesn't. Just like how the initial 10 ton increase did jack squat. Feel free to make a mountain out of a molehill non issue, however. :D

I will see myself out now. Enjoy.

Yeah it doesn't change anything except reduce drop deck flexibility, which reduces fun. I have to downgrade a Highlander to a Stalker-4N now :(

Literally would have preferred they just up Clan tonnage to 250.

#44 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:23 PM

View PostTempesst, on 11 May 2015 - 03:13 PM, said:

people will stop running cw if its always going to geared to the clan whats the point of playing?

Let the Clans play with themselves. It'll just be reset again anyway.

#45 unwary

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 184 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:23 PM

This nerf to the IS dropdeck tonnage wasn't needed. The real reason for the clan territory loss is that the majority of units that fought as clan during the tukayyid event just got bored and wanted to play a different set of mechs. Hence the faction swap to either FRR or Kurita.

#46 Dinsdale Ito Piranha

• Pip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:24 PM

Hope when the Clan lines of supply get thin you also shrink their dropdecks In like manner....

#47 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:24 PM

View Post50 50, on 11 May 2015 - 03:13 PM, said:

Interesting.

This looks like test. Just put forward in a story.
See what players then adjust their drop decks to.
See how that affects the games.

I like the mention of logistics and supply lines here and it has just occurred to me that the altering of the drop deck tonnage is a fairly simple way to create the effect of logistics.

Yes, its all so realistic... like the fact we can't actually defeat a Clan in CW and kick it out of the innersphere... or that the maps are the same no matter which planet you drop on... and the maps sometimes represent radically different planets/eco system...

And no matter which planet you capture it has no strategic value beyond getting you one stop closer to Terra. So yes, supply lines and logistical issues causing drop deck limits to go down makes perfect sense in this virtual universe.

Edited by Jman88, 11 May 2015 - 10:00 PM.

#48 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:25 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 11 May 2015 - 03:21 PM, said:

Yeah it doesn't change anything except reduce drop deck flexibility, which reduces fun. I have to downgrade a Highlander to a Stalker-4N now :(

Could always change other parts of the drop deck aside from the top end. Or make due with a filler mech like the clans have with the damned MLX - though that was not fair to our decks nor would it be to yours. Though, having said that, your options are a bit better what with an ECM capable commando or locust which still brings speed to the fight. It's something? I donno.

Personally, I dislike the drop deck being tonnage limited period. Would much prefer a 1/1/1/1 system of some sort, though I realize I am in the minority in that opinion.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 11 May 2015 - 03:26 PM.

#49 Torchfire Katayama

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 114 posts
  • LocationNA

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:27 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 11 May 2015 - 03:21 PM, said:

Going from a highlander to a stalker in CW is an upgrade, FYI. Quirks man, quirks. Quirks are the real issue here.

#50 DarkExar

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • 77 posts
  • LocationPoland

....Following their loss to the Clans in the First Battle of Tukayyid,
... meeting the Second Clan Invasion with greater strength and ferocity than ever....
... such gains come at a cost...
....already being stressed by extended Clan occupation...
....even greater turmoil in the wake of immense losses experienced at the Battle of Tukayyid....
....Inner Sphere forces have stretched their supply lines too thin....

All above epic bullcrap story gives 4% tonnage reduction?? 4%????
FFS PGI if you want to "ballance" (lol?) something please kindly don't bother to waste time on bleach storytelling.
At least now I know - the victory was worth exactly 10 tonnes!!!!!!!!

EDIT: sorry, I forgot to say - thats totally pathetic!

Edited by DarkExar, 11 May 2015 - 03:30 PM.

#51 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Not playing CW in favor of spending that time doing something useful. Screw that mode, the more absolutely garbage maps that you add and the more "nerfs and buffs" you add are just literally making me leave. Absolutely useless Emerald map and another absolutely useless red moon map. River City new version looks like ****.

Good bye even more CW. See you in the next century.

#52 BurningJM

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:28 PM

biggest sh**t you done since i Play this game, thx for killing cw game mode as ballance to clan is hard as is must be and raising the Tonnage for IS, was one way to ballance the fact that clan Players dont behave like clanners but returning this wont let more ppl Play Clans, it results in less Players for cw at all :(

Not all ppl like to play MetaDropDecks btw...

Edited by BurningJM, 11 May 2015 - 03:32 PM.

#53 Torchfire Katayama

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 114 posts
  • LocationNA

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:28 PM

View PostTriordinant, on 11 May 2015 - 03:23 PM, said:

Let the Clans play with themselves. It'll just be reset again anyway.

At this point.... All I can say is the IS can have fun playing by themselves. Have you SEEN the CW map?!

#54 Arkbird_

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:30 PM

View PostReitmeier, on 11 May 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

So in four weeks when every big merc unit is clan again and rolled over the IS they will change the tonnage again? .

Yes

#55 GottJammern

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:31 PM

[color=#959595]Hey PGI, in LORE the IS outnumbered the Clans 4 to 1, so how about we let the IS forces bring a whole drop deck of 4 mechs, and each Clan pilot can bring their 1 mech?[/color]

[color=#959595]Sound ******* insane? So does nerfing IS drop decks after the IS just lost a major CW event.[/color]

[color=#959595]If you really want to shake things up, nerf IS drop deck to 240 and Clan drop deck to 230 [/color]

Yeah........... and in the Battletech books, only the Clans had double-heat sinks until later......

#56 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,249 posts

View PostTorchfire, on 11 May 2015 - 03:27 PM, said:

Going from a highlander to a stalker in CW is an upgrade, FYI. Quirks man, quirks. Quirks are the real issue here.

That is the irony (and my point), the whining for nerfs has made my assault wave more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

#57 Neput Z34

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 244 posts
  • Location...far away from a Land of my birth...

Clanners rejoice you will no longer have to face the following drop decks:

Fire starter / Raven, Thunderbolt / Jagger x2, Stalker
Fire starter / Raven x2, Stalker, Banshee
Spider, Hunchback, Stalker x2

Some other received OP drop deck selection.

I guess we will have to wait and see at what kind of silliness will take place after the Clan Wave 3 goes live.

#58 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,249 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:32 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 11 May 2015 - 03:25 PM, said:

Could always change other parts of the drop deck aside from the top end. Or make due with a filler mech like the clans have with the damned MLX - though that was not fair to our decks nor would it be to yours. Though, having said that, your options are a bit better what with an ECM capable commando or locust which still brings speed to the fight. It's something? I donno.

Personally, I dislike the drop deck being tonnage limited period. Would much prefer a 1/1/1/1 system of some sort, though I realize I am in the minority in that opinion.

I could, or I could take the buff to my drop deck by switching to a Stalker to punish the whiners.

#59 Mi Ro Ki

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 106 posts
  • LocationEta Carinae

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:32 PM

View Post50 50, on 11 May 2015 - 03:13 PM, said:

Interesting.

This looks like test. Just put forward in a story.
See what players then adjust their drop decks to.
See how that affects the games.

I like the mention of logistics and supply lines here and it has just occurred to me that the altering of the drop deck tonnage is a fairly simple way to create the effect of logistics.

Cool , Can't wait to see what clanners will do when they get a tonnage nerf... Hah.

#60 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:33 PM

View PostReitmeier, on 11 May 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

This will change nothing.
Its all about population not 10t more or less for IS. Clans like SmokeKitties didnt even try to attack.
PGI should give the players a better reason to play CW (Rewards per match, Rewards per planet,...) and not trying to "balance" with drop tonnage.
A 12man IS Premade will still crush clanpugs and a 12man Clan will crush ISPugs. These are problems you should solve.
So in four weeks when every big merc unit is clan again and rolled over the IS they will change the tonnage again? Pls PGI...

Reitmeir ... how could you talk so much sense. Two of the biggest MERC groups around started in House Kurita. NS is so damn bored in HK we are mulling a contract change just to find some fights. With the pop levels fairly low Having massive MERC cartels completely over balances the game depending on what faction they are fighting for. The tonnage had little to do with it ... the issue was IS currently has the bulk of the MERC groups so it should be no surprise that IS is winning everywhere.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users