8 replies to this topic

#1 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts
  • LocationInside a straightjacket

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:34 PM

So when I am piloting anything that has fast torso movement (especially lights), I get a heavy amount of twitching and thrashing of the torso, back and forth horizontally across the screen(intensely). They are fits that happen about every 5-15 seconds, and last about 5-10 seconds each time. This happens across a wide variety of mechs; and across every map. This includes both Community warfare mode, and regular public queue matches. I should add that the problem does not occur in testing grounds.

I have been experiencing this for about two months now, but I am now getting desperate because it has not been addressed or mentioned in any patch since it began.

Update: Using the center torso button stops a fit, but it begins again as soon as the mouse is moved. If you are desperate enough, you can enable the "arm lock" feature as a work around. However, players who are using mechs with arms may find this highly inconvenient.

Another update: I put in a ticket for this in May, and got a response on June 1st, telling me they were looking into it, it has now been about 3 months, so I assume they have shelved it or... possibly dont care.

The only way for this to be solved is a community solution apparently. I am pulling my hair out at this point, because light mechs are my favorite class, and I simply cannot play them.

Does anyone have a real workaround for this? Plz plz plz!!

Edited by Gigliowanananacom, 29 August 2015 - 08:15 PM.

#2 Rededevil

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:01 AM

I have had some of the same - and when it is not thrashing, I can see a little jitter in the map hud going from left to right - but only one time did I need to quit and start a new game in order to stop it. For me it has been very intermittent - only happening one or two times per night.

Edited by Rededevil, 12 May 2015 - 12:03 AM.

#3 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 02:36 AM

I am having the same problem with the the Adder. it starts shaking like crazy and end up having to hold 'F' to try and keep the torso from going crazy.

whenever I use the TW I have trouble keeping the mech from twist to far left or right, up or down really fast and unable to move the torso without that happening.

#4 stalima

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:41 PM

just to be certain: your not using a laptop are you? if so gotta disable the touchpad

#5 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:59 PM

View Poststalima, on 21 May 2015 - 02:41 PM, said:

just to be certain: your not using a laptop are you? if so gotta disable the touchpad

Ah yes, I suspected this as well. However, after disabling the touch pad, the problem was still present. I also disabled the device through the components settings in control panel, No effect.

The problem began after they were testing features for the Urban Mech, changes had to be made to the torso/arm convergence settings to allow for 360 degree torso rotation. In patch notes they said the testing was causing aiming glitches(they weren't specific) in matches. Shortly thereafter, they declared they had solved the problem. I suspect that this problem is related, and that it has not been solved.

It also seems unlikely that it is a hardware issue, as the problem only occurs in a live match; not in testing grounds. The problem must stem from a live server issue, or something similar (I am not familiar with the technical stuff).

Edited by Gigliowanananacom, 21 May 2015 - 08:13 PM.

#6 stalima

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:45 AM

The other possibility would be "rubber banding" caused by slight lagspikes so the game throws you into the direction it thinks you should be

#7 MadLibrarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Essay

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:27 AM

I have had the same issue since Urbies. I think it's something to do with the 'center legs to torso' and the game not being sure where center is. I bring the mouse back across center and it usually stops for a while.

I can't really be certain that any of that is valid though, it seems to come and go at random intervals and every mech seems to have the issue. (Although, I don't remember urbies having the issue.)

#8 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:13 PM

I put in a ticket for this in May, and got a response on June 1st, telling me they were looking into it, it has now been about 3 months, so I assume they have shelved it or... possibly dont care.

The only way for this to be solved is a community solution apparently. I am pulling my hair out at this point, because light mechs are my favorite class, and I simply cannot play them.

Does anyone have a real workaround for this? Plz plz plz!!

#9 0Life

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 12:03 PM

I am still getting this issue. Other than the centering trick (which is damn annoying as it spoils my aim just as much as the seizure my mech is having) I have not found any work around. PGI really needs to address this issue, whatever it is. I get it nearly every match, multiple times a match, regardless of quick play or CW. I may be a mediocre pilot, but I am not nearly as bad as all this sudden jerking about makes me.

Half tempted to ask for my money back on the preorders I just made. While still 70% playable still, that 30% is frustrating enough that I have seriously considered taking my money elsewhere.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users