• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:56 PM

So I finally got a response from Russ about Clan UAC changes. After a week of bugging him about it every other god damned day. Seriously. I feel bad about that sort of bugging but with the state of Clan UACs being what they are, and with many of us not going Clan because we were addicted specifically to lasers, it kinda warranted an answer. I am sure I have no need to lay out why it needed changes, so I will simply direct your attention below:

https://twitter.com/...924864641511425

Not much to go on, but given in the past two Town Halls he has stated first considering increasing projectile velocity and then stating reducing burst duration, it could be either, both, or something else entirely (less shells perhaps). Or a combination of everything.

In any case, any news is good news. Any improvement is welcome. The dangerous part is that the Dakkawolf is already rather beastly. I would hope the Negative Quirk system will allow them to reign in that beast just enough to compensate for the improved C-UACs without neutering the monster unduely. No need to hold an entire weapon system hostage due to the "sins" of a single outlier, quiaff?

The timing is fortuitous, too. That same month the Ebon Jaguar comes out. This mech should fill a nice mid-line between Jagermech and Cataphract, so can really make use of Clan autocannon systems. Consider me excited!

Edit:

Somehow I missed this. He wants the Flamer removed as fixed equipment, but needs to make it fall into some sort of rule. If I understand it right, this could lead to the Adder being able to remove the head mounted flamer. You could slot in 5 ERMLas, or three ERLLas in the head and side torso for peak sniping, potentially.

https://twitter.com/...941767493652480

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 11 May 2015 - 09:05 PM.

#2 Helaton

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationStar Captain, Star Wolves

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:29 PM

I'd rather have the Adder keep the fixed flamer, and the firestarter get some fixed flamers.

Edited by Helaton, 11 May 2015 - 09:29 PM.

#3 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:40 PM

Yeesh, well I hope you're wrong on the flamer, that's an iconic part of the Adder!

#4 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:15 AM

View PostHelaton, on 11 May 2015 - 09:29 PM, said:

I'd rather have the Adder keep the fixed flamer, and the firestarter get some fixed flamers.

Nah, How about flamers get fixed (longer range, deals more heat to enemy, Do a lot less heat to yourself/ remove heat from your mech, since russ does not want stun locking in MW: O (thus 90% heat is max for lava/ flamers to push a mech) I suggest as soon as it hits 90% the mech will keep there at 90% and that extra heat damage is now normal damage (OR that damage phases right through to the mech internals in some way and be able to crit stuff ie ammo)

Instead of leaving it this poor and forcing even more mechs to have it?

Lore wise nearly 100% of an IS mech is hardwired, but this is not TT or BT, this is MW, and an iconic part of MW games is throwing the HUGE costs of refitting Mechs.
PS: Why not give the firestarter and adder a flamer quirk?

#5 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:31 AM

remove the flamer on the adder? I'd keep it in there anyway very useful tool in a pinch if you know how to use it.

I think the flamer should be allowed to overheat a mech given proper time so let's say a mech is already at 80% a 5 second or maybe more(dependant on local temperature?) burst of a flamer to that mech will shut it down beyond that it just melts things

Actually though IS mechs are hardwired with all thier componets you can put a smaller laser in where there's a large laser or such ,but you can't put a PPC or a Lrm Rack where a large laser was. such changes on battlmechs required a factory level refit which cost alot becuase you not only have to pay for the refit ,but labor and everything else.

OMnimechs on the otherhand you can do whatever with. lose an arm? okay well we'll just slap on an extra arm and put all the weapons in that you had, repairs done. Not only could you do that you could take the arm from say a Summoner and slap it onto a timberwolf (notice how some of the summoner's arms look the same as the timberwolf ones?)

But Like Nightshade said this isn't TT or BT

On another note I'd be all for the flamer quirk but what would it be range, increse delt heat...?

I'm glad Clan Uac's are getting a once over hopefully this will lead to a better balance with Clan vs Is Acs

Edited by KursedVixen, 12 May 2015 - 12:40 AM.

#6 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:46 AM

Looking forward to this!

#7 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:50 AM

I would rather learn to make an use of the flamer.. I like that at least Omnies do stick to most rules..

I think a reduction of the burst time + a small increase in velocity would help a lot. Negative quirks for the Dire Wolf should be an easy and practical fix , i agree.

#8 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:19 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 12 May 2015 - 12:31 AM, said:

remove the flamer on the adder? I'd keep it in there anyway very useful tool in a pinch if you know how to use it.

I think the flamer should be allowed to overheat a mech given proper time so let's say a mech is already at 80% a 5 second or maybe more(dependant on local temperature?) burst of a flamer to that mech will shut it down beyond that it just melts things

Actually though IS mechs are hardwired with all thier componets you can put a smaller laser in where there's a large laser or such ,but you can't put a PPC or a Lrm Rack where a large laser was. such changes on battlmechs required a factory level refit which cost alot becuase you not only have to pay for the refit ,but labor and everything else.

OMnimechs on the otherhand you can do whatever with. lose an arm? okay well we'll just slap on an extra arm and put all the weapons in that you had, repairs done. Not only could you do that you could take the arm from say a Summoner and slap it onto a timberwolf (notice how some of the summoner's arms look the same as the timberwolf ones?)

But Like Nightshade said this isn't TT or BT

On another note I'd be all for the flamer quirk but what would it be range, increse delt heat...?

I'm glad Clan Uac's are getting a once over hopefully this will lead to a better balance with Clan vs Is Acs

I would much rather have a CERSLAS in that spot than a flamer.

The only thing that worries me about ballistic improvements is that some people are calling for Dire Wolf nerfs.

Edited by Kain Thul, 12 May 2015 - 12:20 PM.

#9 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:25 PM

One already cannot face down a six uac5 dire whale. The damage output is insane but not broken. If clan uacs become better individually, anything that boats them to that degree becomes significantly better. Right now the DWF is the only thing that can boat enough to abuse ultras, and only if it takes B side torsos. So simple fix: Apply negative rof quirks to the DWF b side torso omni pods. Make the negative quirk just enough to offset the improvement to the global cuac changes. Net result? DWF is not nerfed OR buffed.

#10 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:26 PM

View PostKain Thul, on 12 May 2015 - 12:19 PM, said:

The only thing that worries me about ballistic improvements is that some people are calling for Dire Wolf nerfs.

It would be a small nerf only to a single configuration, the Dakka Wolf, and it should be considered carefully first. Personally, i would not care that much, i find it boring :)

#11 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:30 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 12 May 2015 - 12:25 PM, said:

One already cannot face down a six uac5 dire whale. The damage output is insane but not broken. If clan uacs become better individually, anything that boats them to that degree becomes significantly better. Right now the DWF is the only thing that can boat enough to abuse ultras, and only if it takes B side torsos. So simple fix: Apply negative rof quirks to the DWF b side torso omni pods. Make the negative quirk just enough to offset the improvement to the global cuac changes. Net result? DWF is not nerfed OR buffed.

I vehemently oppose any/all negative quirks.

Dakka Wolf can NEVER compete with PPC/Gauss or Gigapsike/Alpha King Dire Wolf anyway.

Edited by Kain Thul, 12 May 2015 - 12:30 PM.

#12 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:35 PM

If you say so. The DPS numbers strongly disagree. While I've defeated dakkawolves with an alpha wolf, by the numbers in a stare down fight there should not be a contest. Dakkawolf can throw enough lead to ventilate a slow moving target like a kgc or enemy DWF.

#13 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:37 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 12 May 2015 - 12:35 PM, said:

If you say so. The DPS numbers strongly disagree. While I've defeated dakkawolves with an alpha wolf, by the numbers in a stare down fight there should not be a contest. Dakkawolf can throw enough lead to ventilate a slow moving target like a kgc or enemy DWF.

I have 1500 drops in the chassis with a very large amount of success. The Dakka Wolf has to stare too which is its undoing when something fires back with large pinpoint damage. When I spot the Dakka Wolf in either of those other Dire Wolf builds I always single them out as easy targets.

They do have nice DPS numbers but the face time is their undoing. The Dakka build is fantastic for suppression or pushing but it will never kill as fast as the other builds.

Edited by Kain Thul, 12 May 2015 - 12:39 PM.

#14 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:40 PM

Their face time is also the only way to reign them in. If their burst is fast enough to essentially front load the damage, you end up with 30 damage every 0.75 seconds. In the time it takes to shoot and recharge with an alpha wolf, you dealt approximately 240 damage. If that is pinpoint, that is broken. Flat out.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 12 May 2015 - 12:42 PM.

#15 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:44 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 12 May 2015 - 12:40 PM, said:

Their face time is also the only way to reign them in. If there burst is fast enough to essentially front load the damage, you end up with 30 damage every 0.75 seconds. In the timber it takes to shoot and recharge with an alpha wolf, you dealt approximately 240 damage. If that is pinpoint, that is broken. Flat out.

If they make a small tweak by no means will it be "pinpoint" suddenly and there is still the jam 'mechanic introducing RNGesus into the build.

If the C-UAC/5 gets a very modest velocity increase will it make the build better? Well of course but I doubt it would surpass the effectiveness of the best Dire Wolf builds.

As far as I know the face time is not going to change--all Russ ever talked about was messing around with the velocity of the shells, mostly the -20 series at that. If they threw 100 m/s on the -5 it wouldn't be a big deal.

Edited by Kain Thul, 12 May 2015 - 12:45 PM.

#16 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:20 PM

cUacs sucks unless you boat them.

With the quirk system introduced, i fail to see why something wasnt done about uacs like last year.

Also dont understand the lack of one-slug projectiled ACs, when you can increase ghost heat on those that prevents them to be boated? Usage for cACs? Non, becuase they are almost exacly the same as cUacs.

#17 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:29 PM

View PostRepasy, on 11 May 2015 - 10:40 PM, said:

Yeesh, well I hope you're wrong on the flamer, that's an iconic part of the Adder!

it's a way more iconic part of firestarter, even affected its name

#18 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:33 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 13 May 2015 - 02:29 PM, said:

it's a way more iconic part of firestarter, even affected its name

But Battlemechs don't have components locked. The Adder OMNIMECH, on the other hand, does.

#19 Depressing-Fire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 216 posts
  • LocationNew Tasmania, Kikuyu

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:12 PM

I'd just like to see LB-X ACs being able to throw slugs. Give a choice at the loadout menu whether we want to take a "sabot" magazine or the cluster munitions we have at the moment, keep the LB-x 20/AC heat penalties and reloads the same and all that, it's not like Clans would get a much of an advantage out of it, IS have had single shot ACs since the beginning.

Can you imagine what PGI will do to Rotary ACs and HAGs?

#20 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:17 PM

View PostTheWillhelmBeard, on 13 May 2015 - 06:12 PM, said:

I'd just like to see LB-X ACs being able to throw slugs. Give a choice at the loadout menu whether we want to take a "sabot" magazine or the cluster munitions we have at the moment, keep the LB-x 20/AC heat penalties and reloads the same and all that, it's not like Clans would get a much of an advantage out of it, IS have had single shot ACs since the beginning.

Can you imagine what PGI will do to Rotary ACs and HAGs?

Would love ammo toggles, but according to latest information they wrote themselves into a wall, code wise. Cannot (or won't, due to resources required) do so.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users