44 replies to this topic

#1 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,966 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:04 PM

Smoked Jaguar is down on planets so I am thinking of going there for my next assignment

I own four TWs' one Hellbringer and one Gargoyle

Can anyone recommend some Clan drop decks?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Davegt27, 13 May 2015 - 10:08 PM.

#2 Pat Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:09 PM

1 timber, 3 crows is a good deck. with the mechs you have showing it's going to be tough as you will need to get some lighter mechs to make weight. 2 timbers, 1 crow, and a light of some sort would work well also. If you like ECM, go 2 hellbringers, a timber and a light.

#3 Moldur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:21 PM

View PostPat Kell, on 13 May 2015 - 10:09 PM, said:

1 timber, 3 crows is a good deck. with the mechs you have showing it's going to be tough as you will need to get some lighter mechs to make weight. 2 timbers, 1 crow, and a light of some sort would work well also. If you like ECM, go 2 hellbringers, a timber and a light.

Quoted for truth.

We have no assaults.
"What about the D-"Shhhh...shhh. No assaults.

#4 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:29 PM

Actually, the Gargoyle can make a solid lead mech.

I've found, that for a decent clan Load out that makes me feel I've brought something every time, I want a leader, an assualt or heavy dedicated to leading pushes. All armour and mid to short range. Consign yourself to losing em early that wave, but know you've done your part. Think about it, if everyone on the team brings just one pushing mech, that three mechs clamouring for the glory of being first in every wave. That's some serious teamwork.

One Brawler. Because there's always a brawl at some point, and hey, why not shine.

One ECM, because you have a hellbringer, and it makes me feel like a team player.

And one murder machine of your choice, usually focused on staying with the pack and picking up your kills. In your case, prolly a throwaway trial light, cuz they're not gonna fill any of the other roles..

You could go HBR, GAR... wait, even the Kit fox wont leave you room for another of your own mechs... Rough it then. Bring two Trials, and your two best builds.

~Leone, Raid Leader of the Crimson Hand.

Edited by Leone, 13 May 2015 - 10:32 PM.

#5 Benjamin Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 367 posts
  • LocationIn my Spider 5D, killing all your Dire Wolves.

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:34 PM

View PostLeone, on 13 May 2015 - 10:29 PM, said:

Actually, the Gargoyle can make a solid lead mech.

I've found, that for a decent clan Load out that makes me feel I've brought something every time, I want a leader, an assualt or heavy dedicated to leading pushes. All armour and mid to short range. Consign yourself to losing em early

One Brawler. Because there's always a brawl at some point, and hey, why not shine.

One ECM, because you have a hellbringer, and it makes me feel like a team player.

And one murder machine of your choice. In your case, prolly a throwaway trial light.

You could go HBR, GAR... wait, even the Kit fox wont leave you room for another of your own mechs... Rough it then. Bring two Trials, and your two best builds.

~Leone, Raid Leader of the Crimson Hand.

I've seen that. A push lead by 4 Gargoyle brawlers can be a nasty thing, especially those 'how many small pulse can I shove in this thing' builds.

As for the other assaults... the dual gauss Warhawks can be nasty, but that's ALL that build can then do. Direwolves... I'll be honest, for the most part Direwolves seem irrelevant. I almost smile when I see them in CW. Too slow to keep up with any of the other Clan mechs and if someone brought a Direwolf, I immediately know they've made major sacrifices in their drop deck and will almost certainly be down to a Koshi for their last wave. I really have not seen Direwolves make much of a difference in CW, personally. I might be wrong, but when we've fought them, they might savage one or two of our mechs to then be absolutely smashed by focus fire. I will gladly trade a Thunderbolt for a Direwolf because the majority of the time I can take a Thunderbolt in (or hell, even a Firestarter... :ph34r: ), solo a Direwolf, start on the next enemy, go down, and come back in in another Thunderbolt, knowing that the guy who just went down CANNOT replace the mech he just lost. Anyone who loses a Direwolf has lost the highest firepower mech he can bring to bear. They're hangar queens, so valuable that you cannot afford to lose them and therefore are severely limited in being able to USE them.

Edited by Benjamin Davion, 13 May 2015 - 10:35 PM.

#6 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:03 AM

You can do 2 timber/ hellbringer/mist lynx with the mechs that you have (your mist lynx is pretty much your throwaway mech)

#7 ArchSight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 492 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:42 AM

With the way CW drop decks are done in 240 tonnage, think of it as 4 rounds that you'll want to make sure to win most of the time to get to 36 kills on your team's kill counter board. Tonnage equals the amount of firepower and hit points your mech's bring. Put all your tonnage into one round to likely win that round if there isn't a even match up on the opposing side but if most of your tons is in one round your other rounds will be left with a weaker amount of tons to use. Some player's choose to try to even out their tonnage for all 4 rounds but this allows player's who choose to have one light mech in their drop decks to have more tonnage to use over them for three rounds. Looking at what Match ups you'll be facing is a good way to think about how to keep yourself strong for each round.

The most used mechs in CW are the Laser vomit variants and ECM carrying ones. This makes it easy to predict what you'll be fighting against.

For Inner Sphere they may now be most commonly either 25-65-65-85, 35-55-65-85, The 70-75 ton I.S. laser vomit mechs might grow in use in the future.

For clan I recommend, 25-65-75-75, 30-65-65-80, 30-55-75-80, 35-65-65-75, 30-50-80-80 or do the same tonnages as the I.S.

Good luck ;)

Edited by ArchSight, 14 May 2015 - 02:43 AM.

#8 quantaca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:45 AM

archsight forgot one important deck, 65-65-55-55 (2 helbringer 2 stormcrow) but the rest was pretty much spot on.

but as far as your dropdeck goes id support the 2 timby helbringer + trail? mist lynx one Vxheous Kerensky suggested.

#9 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:29 AM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 14 May 2015 - 02:03 AM, said:

You can do 2 timber/ hellbringer/mist lynx with the mechs that you have (your mist lynx is pretty much your throwaway mech)

Considering what you have available I personally would go with this.

#10 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:25 PM

I've had great success with the following lately:

MLX-B or Prime

MDD-B or C

TBR-A or Prime

GAR-D or Prime

I alternate based on how hot the map is. Namely, sulfurous rift or vitric forge I use the Prime;C;Prime;Prime dropdeck, and all other maps I use the B;B;A;D dropdeck. I've left all the mechs in stock loadout as well.

#11 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 02:05 PM

I'm just starting with the clan mechs (ie nothing at all mastered and only Timbers and Mad Dogs through basic skills), but for my style I've found that 2x Timber, Mad Dog, and a Myst Lynx seems to do the trick.

I really don't like the way the Hellbringer or Stormcrow play for myself and haven't really touched much else other than to run them to see if they fit my fighting style.

#12 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 15 May 2015 - 02:18 PM

4 MDD's and call it a day!

I run at least ONE Streak MDD in all my decks. If i need a lead fatty i use the warhawk. the new C with 2 lrg pulse and 3 med pulse is a nice one to lead a charge. Just keep moving and twist like a mad man.

My favorite is Tbr, Mdd, Ktf and Hbr.

#13 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 02:30 PM

Some of my favorite drop decks:

2 Timber Wolves, Hellbringer, Mist Lynx
Timber Wolf, 2 Hellbringers, Adder
3 Hellbringers, Ice Ferret

#14 KillaBeez1972

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 25 posts
  • LocationCologne

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:26 PM

Hi Folkz,

How about: Gargoyle, Timberwolf, Stormcrow and a 30 tons light mech?
Maybe a Kit Fox?

#15 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:27 AM

Play the Gargoyle only when you know what you are doing. Loadouts that were useful in CW for me are 6MPL or 2PPC + 4SL or my favorite 6SL + 4ML + 1 LL in the mid.
If you are not well experienced I would always recommend the Ice Ferret for generator rushes and flanking.

#16 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:50 PM

View PostKillaBeez1972, on 15 May 2015 - 03:26 PM, said:

Hi Folkz,

How about: Gargoyle, Timberwolf, Stormcrow and a 30 tons light mech?
Maybe a Kit Fox?

That works well for sure. I also use dropdecks consisting of GAR;TBR;MDD;MLX or WHK;TBR;SCR;MLX.

On defensive engagements, I find DWF;WHK;KFX;MLX to be very useful.

#17 Smag

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 41 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:07 PM

My drop deck is typically Nova, Mad Dog, Storm Crow, Timber.

I also really like Nova, Nova, Hellbringer, Timber

Not very popular right now, but I have a feeling you'll see more of it in the near future.

#18 KillaBeez1972

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 25 posts
  • LocationCologne

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:50 PM

View PostRepasy, on 17 May 2015 - 12:50 PM, said:

That works well for sure. I also use dropdecks consisting of GAR;TBR;MDD;MLX or WHK;TBR;SCR;MLX.

On defensive engagements, I find DWF;WHK;KFX;MLX to be very useful.

Ok thx. I'm using WHK / TBR / SCR / MLX now.
But the MLX is the trail version. I don't have one yet.
Others are all mastered and fully equiped with Modules.

#19 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 19 July 2015 - 02:43 AM

2x TW + 1x HBR + 1x MLX is probably the best drop deck you can make from all the clan mechs you mentioned you have.

You gonna need that extra MLX though.

I've had plenty of success with it, Laser Vomit TW, 2xErPPC + Gauss TW, 4x cERLL HBR with ECM, MLX basicly anything, its a bad mech in general.

I'm also fond of using 2x HBR + 2x SCR,
Or even 3xHBR (2xHBR + EBJ) and IceFerret(shadowcat)

#20 NUJRSYDEVIL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:18 AM

There is no right combination, you have to build around your Mastered or Elited mechs, hopefully you chose one that's not too heavy or not too light.

Two Stormcrows or Two Timberwolves (if you're a decent light pilot) is a good starting point.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users