Recommended Clan Drop Decks

44 replies to this topic

#41 Lord Domino

• Pip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 10:46 AM

Well there are a number of ways to go obviously, these are a few of my preferrd ways to fill up the 250 tons.

3 x Ebon Jaguars or Hellbrigers + 1 Stormcrow
PROS: Only need to master 2 chassis. Has access to ECM with hellbringers. Has no "weak" mechs and a great all around drop deck for pugging.
Cons: Not particularly tanky, the ebon jags are not great brawlers cause they draw a lot of fire to the center torso. Jags work better with longer range poke builds thanks to their shoulder mounted hardpoints.

2 x Timberwolf + 1 x Ebon Jag OR Hellbringer + 1 x Arctic Cheetah OR Jenner 2c.
PROS: Beefier timber wolves make better brawlers than 65 tonners. You also get access to jump jets.
CONS: Need to master 3 chassis. Timber wof tends to draw a lot of attention to itself amd often dies quick even though its beefire than the 65 tonners. You also have a light mech in here which can be a bad thing in those close matches when you really need some fiepower in your last mech to get the win.

2 x Dire wolf OR Kodiak, 2 x Mist Lynx.
PROS: We have 2 savage assault mechs at our disposal.
CONS: We are forced to use 2x mist lynx which is a really awful mech. Assaults are slow as hell and would only use this type of deck for defense and when i know my teammates are competent, as this deck ia not very good in pugs where your assaults may be left behind or chewed up by lighs.

Finally you can make a nicely balanced deck with 1 x Dire wolf OR kodiak + 1 x Hellbringer OR ebon jag as the core, and fiddle around w light/medium combos to suit your tase. I would pick a hunchback 2c + cheetah OR jemnet2c, but you could also squeeze in a stormcrow if you are willing to take a mist lynx as your 4th "throwaway" mech.

Most of this comes down to pickig your mechs on the basis of either expecting to need a good 4th mech (ie: you are pugging) or conversely you are dropping with good teammates and will likely not need that 4th mech so you are squeezing more firepower into your first 3 mechs istead. Personally i like the more well rounded builds for the most part as they are less risky and less reliant on teammats for suppor & backup.

#42 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 03:17 PM

Kodiak 3, hellbringer, crow, cheetah- defensive

Timber, 2 streak dogs, crow-offensive
3 hells or ebon and a crow- offensive.

#43 Remover of Obstacles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 549 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 03:44 PM

As an alternate double assault deck, I have been using the following:
KDK-3 4x UAC10
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8c3422844ef26a5 or 350xl with 660 ammo and more cooling.

Warhawk 2x UAC10, 2x MPL, 2x SRM4
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a02b2f40f263b55

Arctic Cheetah 6x SPL, ECM
Arctic Cheetah 6x SPL, ECM

Five tons left if you want a Jenner iic.

Edited by Remover of Obstacles, 17 July 2016 - 06:21 PM.

#44 M A N T I S

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 08:43 AM

I do three ebons or hellbringers and a nova.

#45 Tawittle

Rookie

• Mercenary Rank 4
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:22 PM

How about

2x Executioner
2x Arctic Cheetah

instead of 2x kodiak, 2x mist lynx. The drop with the executioners is more usable IMO since you can take the ACH, which are better than the mist lynx by a long shot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users