1St St Ives Lancers?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:41 AM

Does anyone know if there is a regiment based on these guys? I picture them fighting for the Federated Suns (with the off chance of fighting for Liao sometimes) but have a mixture of Fed and Capellan mechs.

Edited by Deimos Alpha, 15 May 2015 - 03:56 PM.

#2 Slater01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 430 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:47 AM

Hayden created a unit some time ago based on a St Ives unit. But like many the unit was short lived as the game goes through it's growing spurts.

#3 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 07:21 PM

Right now the 1st St. Ives Lancers would be trading in their CCAF issued Vindicators for locally produced BJ-3 Blackjacks. They are also likely to use Victors and Highlanders.

Soon Kai Allard-Liao should be getting them ready to take the fight to the Clans.

You might check with the St. Ives loyalists on the Liao forum for more information. They may follow Candace instead of Romano, but they are still part of the family.

#4 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 06:40 AM

I like the green of Liao but wouldn't those who want an independent Compact be fighting on the side of Davion right now? I'm really after a UK time zone based regiment as well.

#5 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 11:04 AM

Davion is best. Tons of us play in the euro ceasefire.

#6 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 06:35 PM

At this point in time, Candace Liao's priority is to avoid having the St. Ives Compact subsumed by the Federated Commonwealth or House Davion. She is very much a part of House Liao, even if she and her sister Romano despise each other. Don't let the "Capellan Confederation" fans confuse you. We're still one big family, just not a happy one.

Since a distinct St. Ives Compact isn't drawn on the map, I consider the lines to designate House areas of influence, rather than actual political borders. Otherwise Steiner and Davion would be combined into one House. That's the reason it is important to keep the St. Ives Lancers under House Liao. It demonstrates their loyalty to Candace and to her heir, Kai Allard-Liao.

House Davion has demonstrated that they will put up a fight to control St. Ives. House Liao is prepared to fight them for it. Just make it clear which Liao you are fighting for.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users