Phoenix Rising Event

471 replies to this topic

#21 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:00 PM

I managed to miss both pheonix and founders, would be kind of cool to see them do a second run at them both with some different selections even.

Not that they'd do it, but it would be really nice if they tied fundraising events like these and some of their sales to actual game progress releases (i.e. hiring some extra help to speed things we want along if we hit certain sales marks).

#22 MrWhite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:01 PM

View PostHerr Vorragend, on 14 May 2015 - 01:28 PM, said:

I will vote for the package being available again. Lots of people want it and pgi could need the bucks. So its a win-win situation.
The saber pack is good. Griffin and wolverine are fine mechs :)

Well, why not throw the founders pack back up to? May as well at this point...

#23 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:03 PM

dose this mean next weekend will be the invasion 1, than 2, than resistance 1 mechs?

now time to dust all phoenix mechs off. but not the locust love the way it looks but cant run one.

#24 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:04 PM

So only Mechs with the P at the end matter for some of this?
Just so I know if it is worth using my non-P Griffons or not, the only Phoenix Mechs I own.

#25 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:04 PM

• all Phoenix medallions will receive a permanent Loyalty Point boost from 2.5% to 5%

So, Phoenix customers have a permanent boost to loyalty points already?? Interesting. And unsettling.

#26 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:06 PM

I didn't buy any phoenix packs back then but im glad to see an event for those who bought the phoenix back then to vote a change like the founders made.

#27 Hannibal Chow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 143 posts
  • LocationGibson FWL

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:07 PM

Folk want the P variants??! lol

You can have mine, I allmost never use my pheonix mechs because the other variants are way way better :)

#28 Wronka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 180 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:10 PM

As far as I recall all of the Phoenix variant mechs are fairly useless today. Like the chassis that are phoenix are good, but the specific variant that is a phoenix mech is garbage. Like the thunderbolt for example. The 5SS, 9SE, and even the 9S are all pretty good mechs... the 5S is the only one that sucks.... and of course the 5S is the phoenix mech. Same with Wolverine.... the 6R sucks... everyone knows the 6K is where its at.... and again same case with the Griffin... 1N? I am not sure why anyone would be interested to purchase ANY of the phoenix mechs today.

#29 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:14 PM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 14 May 2015 - 02:04 PM, said:

• all Phoenix medallions will receive a permanent Loyalty Point boost from 2.5% to 5%
So, Phoenix customers have a permanent boost to loyalty points already?? Interesting. And unsettling.

You didn't know that?

#30 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:24 PM

3 Things to Mention:

1) The Phoenix Medallion bonus is paltry, since you need ALL 4 mechs in your dropdeck WITH THE MEDALLION to accumulate the bonus.

So, all 4 mechs... instead of getting .0625% per equipped mech (* 4 mechs equipped = 2.5%), it's now 1.25% (* 4 mechs equipped = 5%).

The value isn't there, not that it matters.

2) The best variants are generally NOT the Phoenix variants (you can kinda see the same happening with the Resistance Packs, although Wave 2 variants is not defined yet).

The value isn't really there... unless you keep on this overquirking system going... which isn't a good solution for a broken problem.

3) For a pack that was introduced as "Limited Time only", why are you reneging on your own deal? It doesn't seem appropriate. Even if that weren't the case, how does this actually reward the people that got the deal in the first place? It doesn't seem like a proposed solution/benefit was designed for those that bought into it the first time. It feels like you are giving people the option to "reopen" another deal... so we have to insert a new controversy just doing this in the first place?

It feels like all shades of wrong is being done here and while I'd still admit to pining for the Shadowhawk (Storm) deal again, this makes absolutely no sense in terms what one is promising to customers, let alone giving back to those who did pay for it previously and not throwing them a bone, outside of providing "the vote" to break a previous promise.

It's all sorts of backwards here.

#31 xMintaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 882 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:25 PM

Playing a Locust all weekend, what could be better!

#32 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:27 PM

nice, i want phoenix down achievement (:

#33 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:31 PM

View Posto0Marduk0o, on 14 May 2015 - 02:14 PM, said:

You didn't know that?

Would I have asked if I knew? :)

Edited by PFC Carsten, 14 May 2015 - 02:38 PM.

#34 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:34 PM

Really not seeing the problem here, nor the confusion.

#35 Smoked

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:35 PM

Founder's pack is probably the worst "deal" they offered. You get much more if you buy the Atlas, Cpult, Jenner and Hunchie bundles for MC in the store. Phoenix pack was probably the best deal they ever offered. Lots of items with lots of mechs. Would've bought the Phoenix and Sable packs if they were on sale before I bought all the variants with c-bills. Well if PGI didn't want my $120 for that package it's fine with me. Spent it on other packs.

#36 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:39 PM

When do I get loyalty medallions for my Clan mechs?

#37 Fobhopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 344 posts
  • LocationClan Nova Cat agent working for Davion

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:43 PM

I would love to really participate in the Phoenix event. But I wasn't able to buy the package when it was available. My computer died at the time and couldn't get it. I would love to buy the phoenix collection if it were ever available in the game. (Legendary founder, I own all clan waves and resistance collections, as well as Urban mech collection, it really irks me that I dont have the phoenix mechs)

Founders collection not being available is perfectly understandable. Those of use who supported the game before it was released should be able flaunt our mediocre mechs. But the phoenix collection not being in game, especially after all the clan, and resistance collections that have been made available. It also seems a little counter intuitive to your current goals, especially with how hard you guys are trying to push community warfare.

#38 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:45 PM

I'd like to get the Phoenix pack...I think I just missed it when it was out before. However, I don't expect the guys who have it to vote to put it on sale again. It's nice to have an exclusive pack. :) I am however enjoying the shorter events lately...it's a nice break from the longer ones. And I think it's nice of PGI to be giving some of the early investors some love. After the dark ages at the beginning of all this that those people lived through. No one is perfect, but the new PGI is definitely not the same company it once was forced to be. :)

#39 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:47 PM

The Phoenix event seems meh ... alright items to get (basically more copies of cockpit items which is nice to have more), but the vote is what? Offer Pheonix packages again? OK? I either am an ass for voting no or I am helping create options for those who do not already own to buy the package and helpng PGI get more money to continue the game. So yeah what do you think I am going to vote because I am not an ass.

Edited by clownwarlord, 14 May 2015 - 02:48 PM.

#40 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:48 PM

Thanks PGI!

What I really like in the last events, is that they last longer (so more days, not just a short weeekend), than the events in the past... I hope, that one day, the player population reach such high numbers, that PGI always can make whole week long events.. (I mean not harder as now, just more time to reach the goals.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users