Phoenix Rising Event

471 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:11 PM

Starts: FRIDAY MAY 15th 10:00:00 AM (PDT) (17:00 UTC)
Ends: TUESDAY MAY 19th 10:00:00 AM (PDT) (17:00 UTC)

EVENT HIGHLIGHTS:

The Founders have spoken, and Forest Colony will be the next map to receive a new update pass.

Now it's time for the Phoenix pilots to burn bright!

Between Friday and Tuesday we're running another Personal Challenge for all players, along with two Primary Phoenix Goals and a Leaderboard event just for Phoenix owners:

• Leaderboards for each of the six Phoenix 'Mechs
  • A Kill Counter that will unlock two Primary Phoenix Goals if Phoenix owners can reach 65,000 kills:
    • all Phoenix medallions will receive a permanent Loyalty Point boost from 2.5% to 5%
    • a poll will run for Phoenix owners to determine if the Phoenix Program will be available for sale again

Personal Challenge:

Anyone can participate, and there are no 'Mech restrictions!

Simply earn a minimum 30 Match Score in Assault, Skirmish, or Conquest to earn 1 Personal Challenge Point.

Unlock prizes at the 5,10, 15, and 20 Point tiers

• 5 points = 5x C-bill Consumable Pack
  • 10 points = 1000 GXP (In addition to this standard Prize, Phoenix owners who reach this tier will also receive a Phoenix Cockpit Hanging Medallion of their Phoenix level.)
  • 15 points = 2 Million C-Bills (In addition to this standard Prize, Phoenix owners who reach this tier will also receive a Standing Mug of their Phoenix level.)
  • 20 points = Spring Hula Girl! (In addition to this standard Prize, Phoenix owners who reach this tier will also receive a Standing Beer Stein of their Phoenix level.)

All Personal Challenge prizes are awarded as the points are achieved!

Phoenix owners do not need to pilot Phoenix 'Mechs in order to qualify for their Personal Challenge bonuses.

Check your Progress here: https://mwomercs.com/profile/stats?type=challenges

Kill Counter:

Get a Kill while piloting a Phoenix 'Mech to contribute to the Kill Counter.

If the Kill Counter reaches 65,000 kills by the end of the event, Phoenix owners will unlock the two Primary Phoenix Goals:

• all Phoenix medallions will receive a permanent Loyalty Point boost from 2.5% to 5%
  • a poll will run for Phoenix owners to determine if the Phoenix Program will be available for sale again

Phoenix Leaderboards:

• You must play a Phoenix 'Mech to participate in the Phoenix Leaderboard Challenge
  • Only your best 10 matches over the course of the event will be counted toward the Leaderboard
  • Only Solo matches will be counted for these game modes: Assault, Skirmish, and Conquest
  • Private matches and Community Warfare matches DO NOT count!
  • Score Formula:
    • (Solo Kill x 30) + (Kill Most Damage x 20) + (Killing Blow x 10) + ( Kill Assist x 10) + (Win × 10) + (Loss × 5) + (Survive × 10) + (Dead × 5) + ((Damage done - Team Damage) ÷ 15)
  • 1st Tie-Breaker: Number of Matches Played (Fewer is better)
  • 2nd Tie-Breaker: Team Damage (Less is better)
  • All Leaderboard prizes are awarded at the end of the event!

Check out the event page here: https://mwomercs.com/tournaments

#2 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:20 PM

Nice.

:)

Now we know who to blame if the phoenix package does not go for sale again... :lol:

#3 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:21 PM

Yay! Free stuff!

#4 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:25 PM

Clans OP!

Must buff Inner Sphere loyalty point items so they remain balanced to those wielded by Clan--oh wait.

Otherwise, sure, make Phoenix, and Saber for that matter, available if you can get enough people to vote for it.

I don't plan on investing in Saber (assuming it does become available again), and I already have Phoenix, but there are a lot of people who didn't have that chance who may be willing. I hope it works out for you.

Edited by Kael 17, 14 May 2015 - 05:30 PM.

#5 Herr Vorragend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 582 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:28 PM

I will vote for the package being available again. Lots of people want it and pgi could need the bucks. So its a win-win situation.
The saber pack is good. Griffin and wolverine are fine mechs :)

Edited by Herr Vorragend, 14 May 2015 - 01:29 PM.

#6 Gigastrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 704 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:30 PM

Why would we fight for the ability to buy mechs that we can already buy with c-bills?

#7 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:34 PM

View PostGigastrike, on 14 May 2015 - 01:30 PM, said:

Why would we fight for the ability to buy mechs that we can already buy with c-bills?

I also don't get this. And it's not like the (P) variants are the ones that you say "if only I could have a CB bonus version of this!"

#8 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,574 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:36 PM

People want the Phoenix variants I guess

#9 Sp4rtan

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:36 PM

Why not put these Robies on sale again! I vote make the phoenix package available for the brothers, yehaaaaaaaaaaaa!

#10 Sable

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 924 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:39 PM

You know some friends of mine make wise cracks about PGI needing money which is why the keep releasing mechpacks and i always shrugged it off because the mechpacks were always new and it seemed like natural progression. But... now they want to go back and sell old mech packs again? Evidence seems to be shifting sides.

I'm a founder and i'll vote right now, and it's a no. Move on to new things you said it was limited time it should stay that way.

Edited by Sable, 14 May 2015 - 01:39 PM.

#11 Barakus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:45 PM

I thought that the loyalty boost applied to the bronze faction medallions. Can anyone confirm or set me straight? Because I have been hanging those in my cockpit in CW all this time.

Nice event - I'll be joining in.

According to this: http://mwomercs.com/...t-phoenix-faqs/

I am correct. Therefore I don't understand the announcement - is it referring to the phoenix medallion or the bronze faction ones?

Edited by Barakus, 14 May 2015 - 02:11 PM.

#12 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:46 PM

View PostSable, on 14 May 2015 - 01:39 PM, said:

You know some friends of mine make wise cracks about PGI needing money which is why the keep releasing mechpacks and i always shrugged it off because the mechpacks were always new and it seemed like natural progression. But... now they want to go back and sell old mech packs again? Evidence seems to be shifting sides.

I'm a founder and i'll vote right now, and it's a no. Move on to new things you said it was limited time it should stay that way.

It does set a bad precedent. I didn't play back then and I wish I had the opportunity to get the medallions, but I don't need the mechs. I already have all of them.

#13 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:46 PM

Holy crap, you guys listened!

Lot of people asked about opening the Phoenix Project again, but just as many saying it would be a bad idea. Now we finally get to settle the dispute once and for all.

A+ event, well done PGI. Plus free goodies on the side for everybody.

#14 Tenmou

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:47 PM

I am not a founder, but I bought the Phoenix/Saber pack and it was supposed to be for a limited time so I have to agree with Sable.

#15 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:48 PM

View PostSable, on 14 May 2015 - 01:39 PM, said:

Yep. And if they are getting Phoenix back, better get Founders program back too.

#16 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,606 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:51 PM

Ok, I dusted the old Atlas off for the Founder's Event. Time to dust off my BLR-1's as well. This'll be fun!

#17 Nick Drezary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 232 posts
  • LocationMoon

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:53 PM

Btw, does phoenix medallion gives bonus LP for the clan factions as well?

#18 bar10jim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:56 PM

I'm gonna trow out some *rough* numbers here:

1) assume that a player buys mc in the $30 package (the most popular)
2) assume also that said player likes to play using premium time (monthly approx $15)
3) If they then buy the $80 Phoenix Overlord pack they get:

* 12 mechs
* 12 mechbays (worth roughly $18)
* 2 months premium time (worth roughly $30)
* whatever other odds/ends/goodies

4) doing the math, the actual cost of the 12 mechs is roughly $32 ($80 - $18 <mechbays> - $30 <premium time> = $32
5) if 4 of those mechs get the (p) bonus, you're getting 8 regular mechs and the equivalent of 4 hero mechs
for $32.

*the formatting in this editor bites. You can't do a simple outline format*
For a newer player with few mechs, that's ahell of a starting position. Of course any of the package deals could be looked at this way, but with the current meta, a Phoenix pack woulod go pretty well to building a drop deck for CW.

Edited by bar10jim, 14 May 2015 - 02:01 PM.

#19 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:56 PM

View PostNick Drezary, on 14 May 2015 - 01:53 PM, said:

Btw, does phoenix medallion gives bonus LP for the clan factions as well?

I was wondering the same

#20 RavenKnight86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 205 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:00 PM

I agree with some other posters that Phoenix was supposed to be for a limited time. However if we get an option to bring Phoenix back then we should bring back Founders too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users