#41 Duke Nedo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:22 PM

View PostFupDup, on 15 May 2015 - 10:10 PM, said:

The quirk notes aren't posted yet. :\

When they do get posted, I hope that the nerfs aren't a repeat of the Victor situation about a year ago. It's not that they couldn't use some nerfs of some form, it's just that giving extreme negative agility just sucks the fun out of driving the afflicted mechs. Hopefully they did it a different way than that.

I already preferred the Hellbringer anyways. :wacko:

Aye, also prefer the Hellbringer so small nerfs to SCR/TBR are will be fine. Perhaps even needed to achieve balance in the long run. Also don't care that much for the 4N, and the FS9 nerf is OK until the Cheetah arrives so I hope that one has something negative attached to it when it arrives. But... the 2X, don't you dare touch my cute little RVN in a bad place. If they force me to re-buy my 4X I'll be really pissed off!

#42 Bloody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 569 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:29 PM

not even a functioning Link eh?

Edited by Bloody, 15 May 2015 - 11:32 PM.

#43 Duke Nedo

• 2,184 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:30 PM

View PostBloody, on 15 May 2015 - 11:29 PM, said:

your pgi devs are so bad you cannot even post a functioning link..

Heh, most of us I think understood why they did that intentionally.

#44 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:37 PM

View Postkapusta11, on 15 May 2015 - 11:06 PM, said:

I mentioned Victor and Highlander because they were the first to be nerfed for no reason.

The nerfs were misplaced and overly harsh, but there were reasons behind it. Good reasons.

Edited by El Bandito, 15 May 2015 - 11:43 PM.

#45 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:48 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 15 May 2015 - 11:37 PM, said:

The nerfs were misplaced, but there were reasons behind it. Good reasons.

Name one. The way JJs worked was an issue (getting benefits from short facetime AND being able to fire). 35 FLD was an issue (not anymore because of power creep and said damage being desync-ed, double nerf here, though I don't agree it was an issue to begin with). The chassis itself was never an issue.

Edited by kapusta11, 15 May 2015 - 11:56 PM.

#46 huskinater

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 12:10 AM

I KNEW IT! I knew immediately when you guys updated the Cataphracts it was to add a new variant! The fancy doodads on the left torso and the arm geometry all pointed to there being ECM and a 2 energy hardpoint left arm. Love it!

#47 Marukage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 439 posts
  • LocationPlanet York / DD

Posted 16 May 2015 - 12:39 AM

hello

Battlemaster has command console but not ECM, Why? :( :huh:
The Atlas-DDC has command console in CBT only. :wacko: :blink:
In MWO with ECM! :o <_<

(mfg)
regards
maru :ph34r: B)

#48 Skarlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 328 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 12:51 AM

View Postjoelmuzz, on 15 May 2015 - 11:20 PM, said:

Then we just get the problems of the power creep arms race and time to kill going down.

Bringing the top bar down is sensible and should have been done long ago instead of going crazy quirking everything up to try and compete.

That's not true though. If you want real balance, just bringing the top bar down doesn't magically fix everything and make all mechs equal. You bring the top bar down, and then the second stringers are now the top bar. So you bring those down, then the third stringers are now top bar, which can easily result in previously top tier mechs now being top tier again, because you nerfed the second stringers and they ended up below them. The process basically has to repeat over and over until you have some kind of semblance of balance. It's just as arbitrary as picking the bottom mechs and beefing them.

PGI also didn't *have* to give offensive quirks to the worst mechs. They could have given them more armor or maneuverability or speed or hitbox adjustments, or any number of things that would increase their defensive capabilities. Instead they deliberately chose to go with huge, offensive oriented quirks and very few defensive ones. It's the offensive quirks and PGIs decision to grant offensive quirks almost exclusively that lowered the TTK.

#49 ItchyTriggerFingers

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 01:00 AM

Hiya

Nice sounding patch notes.

Just wondering when Awesomes and Cicadas will get a geometry and dynamic weapon loadout update??

#50 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 16 May 2015 - 01:24 AM

GIMMIE THE QUIRKS OR THE BUNNY GETS IT

Posted Image

#51 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 16 May 2015 - 01:27 AM

View PostMarukage, on 16 May 2015 - 12:39 AM, said:

hello

(mfg)
regards

I think the Cataphract 3d can do command console as well but no ECM so where is your whine about that??
:P

Liking you own post? *tisk tisk*

Hopefully Its some drop to the FS9's internal structure/armor or something so they die a bit easier....the black holes that they are. Clan mech nerfs? I kinda hope so.....those easy modes mechs are not so much fun and i'd like more reasons to play my SMN's and WHK's!

#52 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 16 May 2015 - 01:37 AM

View Postjoelmuzz, on 15 May 2015 - 10:56 PM, said:

Probably intentional.
Let the news that they are getting nerfed sink in and be accepted before they reveal the full extent of the nerfing.

SC and TW nerfs have potential for enormous drama. There will be much screaming.

This is true. Looking at the CW map now, if the Timberwolf and stormcrow is as effective as a Quick draw and a Dragon 1C we may never see clans in CW again. (Look at the map right now, Ghost bear has 2 planets because wolf has the option to attack the last planet and not the IS, thus that planet is safe. Smoke jaguar on the other hand is down to it's capital.)

I always giggle at the thought of clans getting IS grade quirks...

Adder getting 50% velocity boost to ER PPC's and 30% heat reduction. SUmmoner getting 40% heat reduction on ER PPC's.
War hawk getting ER PPC range to 1200 meters... Stormcrow get 50% LBX 10 fire rate... hehe..

View PostItchyScrot, on 16 May 2015 - 01:00 AM, said:

Hiya

Nice sounding patch notes.

Just wondering when Awesomes and Cicadas will get a geometry and dynamic weapon loadout update??

don't forget the commando and stalker! Dragon tooo.

View PostMarukage, on 16 May 2015 - 12:39 AM, said:

hello

(mfg)
regards

excluding the command console parts:

The reason some chassis get ECM is because they are famous for it on later variants. (for eg the Atlas has a lot of ECM variants later on as well as heros with ECM (peter dexters for eg). Cicada too, as well as commando and cataphract.
When this option is available they add it to the worst chassis (things that sacrificed weapons for command console for eg works).

#53 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 16 May 2015 - 01:54 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 16 May 2015 - 01:37 AM, said:

This is true. Looking at the CW map now, if the Timberwolf and stormcrow is as effective as a Quick draw and a Dragon 1C we may never see clans in CW again. (Look at the map right now, Ghost bear has 2 planets because wolf has the option to attack the last planet and not the IS, thus that planet is safe. Smoke jaguar on the other hand is down to it's capital.)

CW map state isnt really relevant, it is how it is due to very low numbers since the reset, very few care to play it and the major units are swinging mercs who will win for whichever side they are currently playing.

Balance needs to look at normal mode performance for now.

#54 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 16 May 2015 - 01:58 AM

View Postkapusta11, on 15 May 2015 - 11:06 PM, said:

Everyone has acces to skill tree and elite quirks and TBR has high torso twist rate for a reason, it carries XL375.

And by our own games rules, it should have that twist.

The large engines in MWO cost as much tonnage as they do in TT, but you gain a hell of a lot less from the speed in MWO. Engines past 350 rating are terrible in terms of tonnage required vs. speed; but at least you get agility from the absurd tonnage:rating ratio. Even 325-350 are pretty ugly.

Not that I think the TBR isn't too good of a mech as it stands... but... I dunno. I don't feel good about making it pay tremendous tonnage for a huge engine then gain nothing from it. Whatever, though, i rarely drive mine anyways.

#55 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:00 AM

View PostSkarlock, on 16 May 2015 - 12:51 AM, said:

That's not true though. If you want real balance, just bringing the top bar down doesn't magically fix everything and make all mechs equal. You bring the top bar down, and then the second stringers are now the top bar.

Depends how hard you nerf things.
Yeah PGI has a bad history of buff/nerf management, but they have been doing better recently with small changes.
Dont overdo it, small frequent changes is the way to go, see how the stats respond to a 5% change dont just smash things with 20%+ changes.
Small adjustments mean the best will probably remain the best, just have a reduced gap.

Hopefully they keep changes minor, more can always be applied in a couple of weeks if the desired effect isnt achieved.

I think they should be doing a weekly quirk pass on 5 or so mechs, small adjustments to the most and least popular.

#56 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:05 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 16 May 2015 - 01:58 AM, said:

And by our own games rules, it should have that twist.

The large engines in MWO cost as much tonnage as they do in TT, but you gain a hell of a lot less from the speed in MWO. Engines past 350 rating are terrible in terms of tonnage required vs. speed; but at least you get agility from the absurd tonnage:rating ratio. Even 325-350 are pretty ugly.

Not that I think the TBR isn't too good of a mech as it stands... but... I dunno. I don't feel good about making it pay tremendous tonnage for a huge engine then gain nothing from it. Whatever, though, i rarely drive mine anyways.

That's exactly my point. People are saying it's way too fast and agile and its speed is creating issues. I call that BS.

#57 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:08 AM

View Postjoelmuzz, on 16 May 2015 - 01:54 AM, said:

CW map state isnt really relevant, it is how it is due to very low numbers since the reset, very few care to play it and the major units are swinging mercs who will win for whichever side they are currently playing.

Balance needs to look at normal mode performance for now.

Hence my point, not many people want to play clans. Even when people did play clans they still got annihilated previously.

#58 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:42 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 16 May 2015 - 02:08 AM, said:

Hence my point, not many people want to play clans. Even when people did play clans they still got annihilated previously.

Not many people are playing fullstop, and of those few are fighting on the clan front.
It can be more fun to just fight IS vs IS where everyone knows neither side has an unfair advantage.
Why dont clans fight clans?

Half of the planets taken from the clans are by Mercstar, who had their clan cycle during Turkyayd.
When they switch back to clan then things will reverse.

MS are probably enjoying the novelty of IS sweeping the clan invasion off the map, another alternative reality to the clans winning Turkyayd.
Not much else to play CW for besides novelty factor, no rewards for holding planets and they just get wiped in 6 months anyway.

#59 ebea51

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 435 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:07 AM

Posted Image

NOTHING on fixing Hitreg/HSR....... classic PGI
(sorry guys... gotta pull your finger out your ar5e and fix it before getting any more founders-praise from me...)

#60 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:19 AM

View Postjoelmuzz, on 16 May 2015 - 02:42 AM, said:

Not many people are playing fullstop, and of those few are fighting on the clan front.
It can be more fun to just fight IS vs IS where everyone knows neither side has an unfair advantage.
Why dont clans fight clans?

Half of the planets taken from the clans are by Mercstar, who had their clan cycle during Turkyayd.
When they switch back to clan then things will reverse.

MS are probably enjoying the novelty of IS sweeping the clan invasion off the map, another alternative reality to the clans winning Turkyayd.
Not much else to play CW for besides novelty factor, no rewards for holding planets and they just get wiped in 6 months anyway.

clans don't verse clans because in 1-2 days no clan can even attack each other due to the IS taking them out all the way to the capital planets which can't be attacked. Also the reason we do not do it now is I would assume the fact that majority of clan palyers got loyalty points to the other factions atm and do not wan tto lose it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users