- - - - -

Order Of Map Zones In Community Warfare?

38 replies to this topic

#21 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 07:24 PM

What does this one mean? And I thought I remembered one showed here that showed more info than just the planet, like if the Gates were etc etc.

Posted Image

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 24 September 2016 - 07:26 PM.

#22 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 September 2016 - 07:25 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 24 September 2016 - 07:19 PM, said:

What does PGI's reinforcements mean?

A unit holding a planet can pay some C-Bills out of their coffers to add 2 or 4 extra zones to a planet, making it slightly more difficult to take.

#23 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 08:53 PM

View PostTarogato, on 24 September 2016 - 07:25 PM, said:

A unit holding a planet can pay some C-Bills out of their coffers to add 2 or 4 extra zones to a planet, making it slightly more difficult to take.

Is that what the worlds are that have double circles around them?

#24 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 September 2016 - 09:54 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 24 September 2016 - 08:53 PM, said:

Is that what the worlds are that have double circles around them?

Negative. I think those are just district capitals. They mean nothing, just like everything else in CW.

#25 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 03:00 PM

View PostTarogato, on 24 September 2016 - 09:54 PM, said:

Negative. I think those are just district capitals. They mean nothing, just like everything else in CW.

No, the Jade Falcon Unit "420" now has two of them around Terra. These are not "district capitals". These are worlds deep in enemy territory that have taken and that are close to Terra and 420 wants to defend them. One is Dieron and the other is Liao.

#26 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 September 2016 - 10:20 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 25 September 2016 - 03:00 PM, said:

No, the Jade Falcon Unit "420" now has two of them around Terra. These are not "district capitals". These are worlds deep in enemy territory that have taken and that are close to Terra and 420 wants to defend them. One is Dieron and the other is Liao.

Posted Image

Okay, not district capitals literally, but they are simply planets that are supposed to have more meaning than most.

From Sarna.net,

"The Dieron system ... the administrative capital of the Dieron Military District within the Draconis Combine."

"The Liao system was settled in 2189 by Elias Liao and his followers[3] and became the capital of a number of minor states"

"League Central Coordination and Command (LCCC), the bureaucracy that run the Free Worlds League Military, was headquartered on Marik."

"Sarna also held little military value beyond being the administrative capital of the Sarna Commonality"

#27 Besh

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:21 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 24 September 2016 - 07:24 PM, said:

What does this one mean? And I thought I remembered one showed here that showed more info than just the planet, like if the Gates were etc etc.

Posted Image

Check out this Thread:

http://mwomercs.com/...is-planet-info/

#28 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:46 AM

This was the thread I was looking for, lol.

HOWEVER, it does not explain this NEW map....

Posted Image

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 26 September 2016 - 09:51 AM.

#29 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:04 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 26 September 2016 - 09:46 AM, said:

This was the thread I was looking for, lol.

HOWEVER, it does not explain this NEW map....

What new map?

The diagrams on the previous page of this thread explain which map segments correlate to the image you posted.

The double-circled planets are faction capitals. They have no actual significance from a gameplay perspective.

Edited by Appogee, 26 September 2016 - 10:06 AM.

#30 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:22 AM

Also, this brings up the zones and extra zones and maybe something I never understood.

I thought that when attacking a Planet, it had one map and you attacked and counter-attacked the same one. I'm I reading this now to say that to take a Planet you have to take each zone of it?

Here is a map that was explained a couple of time. And I will list those below.

Here is the list of things I'd like to be able to tell from seeing the map.

What map are we going into this drop and also, do we have to go through all the zones (which is a different question)

And we on defense, or are we attacking or are we counter attacking. Can you tell this from the map?

And the last part would be Gates etc. For instance, is this a full defense or attack with both Gates up and all the Gens or is this one where they are all down and there is just Omega.

And as far as Omega, I know the kill count is more important. But is Omega always part of the equation? The reason I'm asking is one time, a guy convinced everyone to stay in our drop zone and to defend it. So the attackers easily took out Omega. But he told us this did not matter, it was all about the kill count.

We NEVER left out drop zone and after about 12 Minutes they tried to force their way in and we won through kills. Since then (many months ago) I've been trying to figure out if he was 100% correct. The way I sort of understand it now is that since the attackers had destroyed Omega, we would have to have come out and attacked them for the kill lead. I'm 100% sure this happened this way, did the Attackers simply not understand that we defenders had to come to them?

Posted Image

I figured out that a "pip" is a zone or map.

Attackers have one Group waiting to attack, (the Red arrow on the left.) Defenders have one group waiting to defend, (The blue facing arrow.) Me thinks a fight's about to start. There are two other matches in play (The light whitest shading on the two map pips to either side of the target.) One just started, on counter attack (Red pip, tiny white bar) Ones fairly well into an invasion defense (Blue pip, Larger white bar.) The Current map is an invasion defense with full on turrets and doors, (The Red target on the blue map pip.) The map happens to be Emerald Taiga (Seventh pip from the left,)

Edit: Oh, yeah! 7% cuz only one pips Red. Attackers need to get to work. And not too much going on (The empty arrows above and below would show match queues on either defending or attacking side, based on colour and direction.

~Leone.

The blank arrows tells us how many actual groups are ready to play or currently playing when they fill with solid colors. At the !moment in that image... there are no complete groups ready so you will be waiting a long time.

Choose planets on the galaxy map close to digits of twelve on either side for a fast start. A match will start very quickly if those blank arrows are filled on each side. A really intense battle has many arrows on each and matches will churn.

One match was won by attackers. Attackers have won only 7% of the fights held here. The cross hair tells us which map we will fight in next.

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 26 September 2016 - 10:24 AM.

#31 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:31 AM

View PostAppogee, on 26 September 2016 - 10:04 AM, said:

What new map?

The diagrams on the previous page of this thread explain which map segments correlate to the image you posted.

The double-circled planets are faction capitals. They have no actual significance from a gameplay perspective.

What do the triangles in a triangle mean?

#32 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 26 September 2016 - 11:10 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 26 September 2016 - 10:31 AM, said:

What do the triangles in a triangle mean?

They get coloured in to show how many attacking teams and defending teams are waiting for a match on that planet.

(How PGI thought anyone would deduce this from looking at the graphic is beyond me.)

#33 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 27 September 2016 - 01:35 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 26 September 2016 - 10:22 AM, said:

-snip-

Omega on Counter Attack

Attacker - attempting to re-take a zone previously lost. Objective: Destroy Omega AND get the most kills by end of timer.
Omega only matters if you, as the Attacker, is able to get the kill lead. You will sometimes see Attackers get a kill lead, destroy Omega and then run out of the base area to force Defenders to come to them.

Defender - Defending a zone previously successfully taken i.e. when it had a working HPG and O-Gens. Objective: Protect Omega OR get most kills by end of timer.
Omega is only critical if the Attacker has the kill lead. If you, as the Defender, have the kill lead it does not matter if Omega is destroyed.

The tactic you mentioned where you just camped the spawn point as Defenders may not be viable in every map and depends on the opponents experience. Some spawn points are easier to defend than others. Also, please note that if you run this tactic, do not be surprised if your opponents intentionally spawn farm in retribution.

Edited by p4r4g0n, 27 September 2016 - 01:37 AM.

#34 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:01 AM

View Postp4r4g0n, on 27 September 2016 - 01:35 AM, said:

Omega on Counter Attack

Attacker - attempting to re-take a zone previously lost. Objective: Destroy Omega AND get the most kills by end of timer.
Omega only matters if you, as the Attacker, is able to get the kill lead. You will sometimes see Attackers get a kill lead, destroy Omega and then run out of the base area to force Defenders to come to them.

Defender - Defending a zone previously successfully taken i.e. when it had a working HPG and O-Gens. Objective: Protect Omega OR get most kills by end of timer.
Omega is only critical if the Attacker has the kill lead. If you, as the Defender, have the kill lead it does not matter if Omega is destroyed.

The tactic you mentioned where you just camped the spawn point as Defenders may not be viable in every map and depends on the opponents experience. Some spawn points are easier to defend than others. Also, please note that if you run this tactic, do not be surprised if your opponents intentionally spawn farm in retribution.

We were camping OUR spawn zone. And they had to come all the way from theirs to attack us. This was early in my FW days. And now, it does not make sense, since we allowed them to kill Omega, if the time ran out and we each had zero deaths, they would have won I think.

And if this is true, my question has been, did they not know this?

Or let's say Omega is destroyed and no Mechs on either side are lost. Who wins? The attackers or defenders?

#35 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:08 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 26 September 2016 - 10:22 AM, said:

Posted Image

The Current map is an invasion defense with full on with turrets(Gens) and doors(Gates), (The Red target on the blue map pip.) The map happens to be Emerald Taiga (Seventh pip from the left,)

~Leone.

This is what I'm looking for. Is that cross the sign for the defense having Gates, Gens and Turrets?

I use a "defend drop deck" and an "attack drop deck". I want to know how you know which is the one you are going into. If that is even possible.

#36 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:53 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 27 September 2016 - 08:01 AM, said:

Or let's say Omega is destroyed and no Mechs on either side are lost. Who wins? The attackers or defenders?

A tie on kills but omega dead should mean that defenders win. The win condition for attackers is kill omega and have MORE kills than the opponent.

#37 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:25 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 24 September 2016 - 07:19 PM, said:

What does PGI's reinforcements mean?

Normally a planet has 12 zones.
If your unit controls a planet you can spend unit coffers to add up to 3 zones, which means the attackers will now need to control more zones in order to take the planet.

P.S.

Guys, please tell PGI to get off their asses and make a tutorial on how Faction War works.

I would not take major issue with their model of "the community will teach itself" if PGI was more responsive to the community.

#38 zudukai

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:56 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 27 September 2016 - 08:08 AM, said:

This is what I'm looking for. Is that cross the sign for the defense having Gates, Gens and Turrets?

I use a "defend drop deck" and an "attack drop deck". I want to know how you know which is the one you are going into. If that is even possible.

the client tells you that when you are in queue, if it says "attack or defend" you are on whatever side with turrets. if the client lists the game mode as, "recapture, or hold" you are going to be in whatever side without turrets, gates or generators. these two modes are also the ones reliant purely on kills.

#39 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 28 September 2016 - 01:05 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 27 September 2016 - 08:08 AM, said:

-snip-

Digital_Angel has provided the answer but just to clarify, if you are defending against a Counter Attack, having a tie on kills will still win you the match even if Attackers have destroyed Omega.

If a sector/zone is blue, this means that it is held by the current planet owners. If it is red, this means that this zone has been taken by Attackers.

If your faction is the current planet owner and the reticle is on a blue zone, this means that you will be defending a fresh base. If the reticle is on a red zone, this means that you will be Counter-Attacking to recapture a zone that has been lost.

If your faction is not the current planet owner and the reticle is on a blue zone, this mean you are attacking a fresh base. If red zone, you are Defending against a Counter-Attack by the faction that owns the planet.

In other words, that same graphic means different things depending on which side you are on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users