#21 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:57 PM

View PostYokaiko, on 17 May 2015 - 12:49 PM, said:

yeah so with those 1.9 second er-llas people are just going to stand there and take it, you aren't going to be able to apply much, not when you getting up to 1.65s burns for er-mlas.

Like I said, this will demand more precision accuracy. Like, maybe more players will have to consider unlocking arms and such from now on. I still spectate a lot of players who clearly did not bother playing the tutorial before they started...

Players will also have to consider diversifying their loadouts a lot more, no more ER Laser meta. These quirk mods actually don't affect stock loadouts much at all. This was not an attempt to nerf mechs into the ground, but more of an attempt to nerf meta. If your only weapons are lasers than yea, you're gonna suffer. These quirks don't phase me at all.

#22 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:03 PM

View PostRepasy, on 17 May 2015 - 12:57 PM, said:

Like I said, this will demand more precision accuracy. Like, maybe more players will have to consider unlocking arms and such from now on. I still spectate a lot of players who clearly did not bother playing the tutorial before they started...

Players will also have to consider diversifying their loadouts a lot more, no more ER Laser meta. These quirk mods actually don't affect stock loadouts much at all. This was not an attempt to nerf mechs into the ground, but more of an attempt to nerf meta. If your only weapons are lasers than yea, you're gonna suffer. These quirks don't phase me at all.

I already chop through timbers with a Thunderbolt because I can roll the first alpha and half the Timber before he gets a second shot, that is from fresh.

Stock Timber Prime takes a 10% dps hit, prefect world, every missile hitting and in MG range, 22% for stormcow prime, the C is basically untouched, the D loses 10% dps again, assumign LRMs all hit which never happens.

Brawling Timbers with missiles take a lighter hit, again, perfect word, and it varies on build weather you PPC/LPL/mpl but the nieghborhood or 7-11% is about what I came up with, which leaves UACs...the best I came up with being 3 er-slas and two UAC10s.....which is ...meh.

#23 Mazzyplz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

the stormcrow with 5 srm6 and the stormcrow with uac20 will still be great.

timberwolf has it tougher but i am confident it will manage to try some ppc and missiles they mix well

#24 Vlaitor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 134 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCanada

So much tears in the forum lately.
I live perfectly fine with the changes.
10% longer laser duration. omg gg.
Really?

I'm starting to feel this community is all about old babies.
The changes have been made from a statistical point of view I'm sure.
Clans have a solid advantage right now and I agree with it.
I feel a lot more secure in my Timber than my Catapult or Cataphract everytime.
It's not normal. Not on a game where IS and Clans are the same number on the battlefield.

#25 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:04 PM

View PostYokaiko, on 17 May 2015 - 01:03 PM, said:

I already chop through timbers with a Thunderbolt because I can roll the first alpha and half the Timber before he gets a second shot, that is from fresh.

dont worry they are going to nerf the thunderbolt too, obviously - this change is not so that everyone will go to thunderbolt period; they have also nerfed firestarter and stalker 4n, just hang on the nerf for thunderbolt is coming - you want something to be more OP because something else is OP it's gettin full simple jack, dont go full simple jack!

#26 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:06 PM

The stalker is fine, and will be until it is negative qirked or they pin GH to three again, the FS9s also didn't take a bad hit.

Definately nothing on the scale the Timber and Crow did.

#27 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:15 PM

when is everybody going to quit buying these mech packages? You know that PGI does not want the Clans to dominate in any fashion. They do not want people flocking to clan tech - this would have the effect of disrupting their plans for CW.

Also, I believe that Clan-centric players should take a break for at least two weeks. Hit PGI where it hurts and maybe that might induce them to quit f-ing with the Clan mechs.

Edited by Gremlich Johns, 17 May 2015 - 01:16 PM.

#28 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:17 PM

View PostYokaiko, on 17 May 2015 - 01:06 PM, said:

The stalker is fine, and will be until it is negative qirked or they pin GH to three again, the FS9s also didn't take a bad hit.

Definately nothing on the scale the Timber and Crow did.

Welp, this may not have happened if every single competitive Clan unit didn't constantly drop TBR;SCR;SCR;SCR all the time. If you MUST blame someone then blame them. Again, I don't think these quirks are going to destroy the mechs, it's all for the sake of balance.

#29 ztac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:17 PM

PGI hit the clans because the larger player base uses IS. It really is that simple, they don't care that IS have better weapons and mechs if you pick the right ones. All they care about is trying to keep the larger part of the population happy!

It is obvious that most people play IS because it is easier to get into due to lower C-Bill costs. Why pay real money for the clans when they come pre-nerfed? Go on check it out and you will find that most IS weapons out DPS clan ones before you add quirks!
Clans are also more prone to overheating! But why would PGI care, they have listened to the 'experts' on the forums and have acted!

#30 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:19 PM

View PostRepasy, on 17 May 2015 - 01:17 PM, said:

Welp, this may not have happened if every single competitive Clan unit didn't constantly drop TBR;SCR;SCR;SCR all the time. If you MUST blame someone then blame them. Again, I don't think these quirks are going to destroy the mechs, it's all for the sake of balance.

Yeah now its going to be HBR HBR HBR Adder or something.

#31 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:41 PM

View Postztac, on 17 May 2015 - 01:17 PM, said:

PGI hit the clans because the larger player base uses IS. It really is that simple, they don't care that IS have better weapons and mechs if you pick the right ones. All they care about is trying to keep the larger part of the population happy!

It is obvious that most people play IS because it is easier to get into due to lower C-Bill costs. Why pay real money for the clans when they come pre-nerfed? Go on check it out and you will find that most IS weapons out DPS clan ones before you add quirks!
Clans are also more prone to overheating! But why would PGI care, they have listened to the 'experts' on the forums and have acted!

This is a matter of perspective. Most of the IS mechs are useless, competitive-wise, until you fully upgrade them. When you add up the cost of Ferro-Fibrous, Endo Steel, Double Heatsinks, weapons loadout modifications, XL Engine, etc., the IS mechs actually cost MORE in a lot of cases. Most of the stock Clan mechs come pre-packaged with great specs, and are in no need of upgrades as far as I'm concerned. I spent more money purchasing and upgrading a Spider than I did purchasing and NOT upgrading a Kit Fox.

You can argue that it's easier to get your hands on an IS mech sooner, but how many hours of suffering through stock IS mech does that mean?

Clan mechs are prone to overheating and thus lowered DPS. This means nothing to the veteran mechwarrior. A true mechwarrior understands how to manage heat very well. For example, when finishing off an enemy, it is much more prudent to use a single weapon rather than alpha-fire. With the latter, you lose damage to air because the enemy mech is destroyed, and then you overheat from the alpha-fire, leaving you an easy target for the enemy. As another example, rather than spraying fire all over the place when you meet a mech head-on, it is much more efficient and effective to pick your shots, focusing only on spots where the enemy mech's structural integrity is weakened and leaving the rest spotless (and ripe for good salvage ;) ). Do this, and you'll barely notice the negative quirks.

Edited by Repasy, 17 May 2015 - 01:42 PM.

#32 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:47 PM

View PostLawrence Elsa, on 17 May 2015 - 11:35 AM, said:

Does this mean that Clan PPCs and UACs will get buffs at any point?

haha...hahaha.........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Edited by Moldur, 17 May 2015 - 01:47 PM.

#33 Oddinator

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 02:08 PM

2 from 3 playable CW-Chassis nerfed to the ground..
a small nerf is ok but ,
25-30% CD and Beam....is ridiculous....
RIP Laser Vomit builds...
u must aim 2 seconds without torsotwist in a face2face Situation with the enemy for full Dmg with a ERLL....

Will the SCR get the 3 missing DHS Slots in the 330 Engine ? NO !
Will the SCR and the Timber get a second Weaponmoduleslot? NO !

I will quit playing CW

Edited by Oddinator, 17 May 2015 - 02:16 PM.

#34 Smag

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 41 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:31 PM

I'm not going to quit. I think that's an over reaction. I will continue to play, and I will continue to play clan. However, I won't be as surprised as the PGI people when we're back to The Rock and the Falcons are back to Botany Bay.

It's not as fun to lose, but I'll be able to say later after they reverse all these silly nerfs that I was there to see "The Dark Days of The Summer of 2015."

#35 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 18 May 2015 - 02:27 AM

I actually love this nerf because it made me take a second look at the hellbringer. ECM hell is about to begin and the forums will be full of people whining about Hellbringers being OP...then PGI will nerf them... :ph34r:

#36 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:13 AM

I needed a moment to think.

My first reaction was: Should I ask for the accounts and then ask PGI to inject all the stuff in my account?
No.

When Clanmechs are nerfed now....Play IS mechs. They will do something soon, because there are not much Clan Player left atm.

When you Need help how to Play in CW with Clanmechs..ask.... KCom....they will for shure rock CW..even after the patch.

No Need to Panic.

#37 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:34 AM

View PostSpadejack, on 17 May 2015 - 08:24 AM, said:

IS ACs simply dont work, they are trash...If you shoot and miss, you deal 0 damage as opposed to the Clan ACs where you still have the chance of partial damage if you adjust your aim.
IS LRMs are a pretty orange blob... but are completely useless within the minimum range, not like a Clan missile voley!
IS ERPPCs are simply too hot! Almost unmanageable...Not to speak about the regular PPCs which deal 0 damage within the minimum range.

IS mechs and tech is simply trash, thanks to PGI biased nerfs.... lets all ask for a refund on Restistance 2!!!!

Fixed that for you there... just to show the other side of the whinecoin.

Edited by Rushin Roulette, 18 May 2015 - 03:34 AM.

#38 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:41 AM

View PostRepasy, on 17 May 2015 - 01:17 PM, said:

I'm just going to go ahead and stop you right here.

Those (us) players drop in TBRs and SCRs to compete with the STKs and TDRs.
The STK and the TDRs have VERY nice quirks, and very night weapon placements (especially the STK)

The other clan mechs simply do not have the necessary attributes to deal with a team of large laser stalkers- they either do not have the armor, or they do not have the tonnage available, or their hardpoints are simply badly placed for fighting that kind of battle (or all three.)

Clans do not have other viable weapons for community warfare (unless you're fighting a pug group- at which point most anything goes.. even flamers.)
Other clan mechs are simply not viable when it comes to fighting the IS meta of stalkers and thunders. (The Hellbringer has way too little armor and podspace, and is really only even brought for it's ECM and the 3 LT hardpoints.)

With this sausage flop, clans will continue to.. not play much community warfare. Let the 5th Succession war begin.

#39 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:45 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 18 May 2015 - 03:34 AM, said:

IS ACs reward accuracy more than the Clan ones.. If you would rather have them fire in bursts, too, you can have them. It is how it should be in the lore anyway ;)

Have you ever tried to see how much awesome damage you can do at less than 180m with Clan LRMs? Get a step closer to your enemy and even a Warhawk missile boat does almost neglegible damage. Be glad we do not have "SSRM20s" as we were supposed to.. Timber Wolf, Mad Dog, Warhawk, Stormcrow and Summoner missile boats would be very interesting ;)

Well, maybe we could say that ERPPCs are a bit too hot for both sides.. And at least you can choose between a colder PPC and a hotter one. I am sure more than a few Clan builds could use a standard, colder PPC.. Anyway, you have had quirked Thunderbolts and Panthers, ERPPCs were not a big issue back then, quineg?

#40 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:45 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 18 May 2015 - 03:34 AM, said:

Interesting complaint mix. This might be the first time I've seen ANYONE on the inner sphere side complain about their AC being PP FLD. Missiles are just useless in general, and IS v Clan makes them just more useless in their own unique way. IS PPCs are hot, the difference is, the IS also get heat generation quirks, lots of them.. and then speed increase quirks on top of that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users