75 replies to this topic

#61 045

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 59 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:54 AM

I agree the quirks are going in the wrong direction. They said they would bring the other clan mechs up to the level of the Timber Wolf and Stormcrow (and Thunderbolt and Stalker) rather than bringing those two down to their level.. They also said that quirks would be down in smaller incrememnts (like the ones to Stalker and Firestarter this turn around). The quirks to Timber Wolf and Stormcrow hurt configs like my 2 large pulse, 2 medium, 2 LRM 15 Timber Wolf and Stock Stormcrow that Ilike sometimes a lot. So I see PGI attempting to encourage laser boating in these mechs to make up for the lasers being worse. My LRMs sure aren't winning me any brawls.

#62 Nomad Radick

• Pip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 15 posts
  • LocationOn the warpath to Terra.

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:07 AM

I am sorry but this is too much... I was shooting a banshee with 3 LPLs he shut down and powered up before I could shoot a second medium at him. This isn't nerfing... 21% reduction, I've never seen such a thing in any other Clan mech let alone in IS. This just proves that PGI favors IS over Clans. I'm going back in the game right now and I'll play nothing but TBRs and SCRs! I won't let some little nerdy looser in an office ruin MY game! Bring it on!

#63 SkyPatch

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 20 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:58 AM

That's the spirit I like to see.
Lets proof that Claners wont's be defeat just by some stupid nerfs.

We will adjust and continue even better!

#64 Ens

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:02 AM

i lol´d on the OP

#65 Brut4ce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 364 posts
  • LocationLand's End

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:54 AM

View PostRepasy, on 17 May 2015 - 01:17 PM, said:

Welp, this may not have happened if every single competitive Clan unit didn't constantly drop TBR;SCR;SCR;SCR all the time. If you MUST blame someone then blame them. Again, I don't think these quirks are going to destroy the mechs, it's all for the sake of balance.

...Right....Hmmmm....The sake of balance... And why hasn't something similar being applied because of every single competitive IS unit dropping in TDR;TDR;WVR;WVR; or DRG;DRG;DRG;DRG; or STK;STK;RVN;RVN;.

But you are right. I for one feel guilty and i am already trying to apply a new policy in the unit i'm in. I will try to force every single warrior to drop in CW Ice Ferrets, Kit Foxes, Mad Dogs and Gargoyles. All others breaking this rule will be exiled!

Also, i might also suggest, that when dropping in forbidden mechs in the normal queues, they should be kind and polite AT ALL TIMES, and kindly ask the enemy pilots to stop for a second or two, so that they might shoot them :D

<S>

#66 Poptimus Rhyme Wallace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 329 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:14 AM

View Postdrunkblackstar, on 18 May 2015 - 04:28 AM, said:

Meningless and stupid move on PGI side.

I waited for IS OP mechs to be normalized a little, instead they nerfed Stalker by 2,5% (!) and Timberwolf and Stormcrow by 6% to 12%.

What is the reasoning behind that changes? Who cares to explain them? Do they try to make Wave 1 obsolete and encourage players to buy Wave 3? I really don't know, I see no logic here.

I think you hit the nail on the head, the nerf waves have corresponded with "next release packs" making people buy new mechs to get rid of now nerfed crap mechs.
the why is obvious, PGI loves money and laughes their asses of at the players still giving them any.

I am just waiting for MWO to close down, then for someone to get their hands on the source and let someone without their collective heads up their asses do the balancing in a proper mod/user environment, for the players by the players... So tired of the corporate mentality, it ruined a great avenue for expression and entertainment with its need for satisfying the lowest common denominator.

Edited by Poptimus Rhyme, 20 May 2015 - 04:19 AM.

#67 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:57 AM

View PostBrut4ce, on 20 May 2015 - 03:54 AM, said:

...Right....Hmmmm....The sake of balance... And why hasn't something similar being applied because of every single competitive IS unit dropping in TDR;TDR;WVR;WVR; or DRG;DRG;DRG;DRG; or STK;STK;RVN;RVN;.

But you are right. I for one feel guilty and i am already trying to apply a new policy in the unit i'm in. I will try to force every single warrior to drop in CW Ice Ferrets, Kit Foxes, Mad Dogs and Gargoyles. All others breaking this rule will be exiled!

Also, i might also suggest, that when dropping in forbidden mechs in the normal queues, they should be kind and polite AT ALL TIMES, and kindly ask the enemy pilots to stop for a second or two, so that they might shoot them :D

<S>

Well, I'm not saying people should not use them. I use the TBR and SCR in ComWar, but I don't overuse them. Sometimes I drop GAR;TBR;SCR;KFX. Other times I drop DWF;WHK;KFX;MLX, or GAR;TBR;MDD;MLX, or WHK;HBR;MDD;KFX, or even DWF;MDD;SCR;MLX. I just think that some players should really try to add some flavour to their playstyle, especially the ones that over-zealously RP on the forums but then use one singular dropdeck. ( :P lols to that!)

#68 Smag

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 41 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:29 PM

View PostEric Portenelli, on 18 May 2015 - 09:38 AM, said:

On a related note, IS drop decks were brought back to their 240 (from 250) ton limit versus clans recently, and that was right after the clans lost half of their planets after the reset.

Yeah. Clans had 240 all that time.

#69 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:32 PM

View PostRepasy, on 20 May 2015 - 08:57 AM, said:

I just think that some players should really try to add some flavour to their playstyle, especially the ones that over-zealously RP on the forums but then use one singular dropdeck. ( :P lols to that!)

What do you mean with that? :ph34r:

Anyway, i might do it , but several commanders would declare me dezgra if i dropped with a Gargoyle, even my best one..

#70 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:47 PM

Guys, just buy coolant pods and other modules to bring your favs back to their former levels

;-)

Edited by Gremlich Johns, 20 May 2015 - 01:47 PM.

#71 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:54 PM

WelL i do know that i'll not be playing till July much if any then if they nerf the clan wave 3 mechs I'm done tehre are other mechwarrior games to play.

PGI clearly doesn't want me playign or PAying anymore so yeah.

Edited by KursedVixen, 20 May 2015 - 01:55 PM.

#72 Choice

• PipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 46 posts
  • LocationSAC Headquarters MidWest for Mech's

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:03 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 20 May 2015 - 01:54 PM, said:

WelL i do know that i'll not be playing till July much if any then if they nerf the clan wave 3 mechs I'm done tehre are other mechwarrior games to play.

PGI clearly doesn't want me playign or PAying anymore so yeah.

Buh Bye

#73 M A S E

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:09 PM

I agree with alot that Spadejack had to say. However I do not think that because of a few overdone quirk passes, buffs and nerfs mean I should refund my Wave 3 pack. The EBJ will be the clan's high mount ballistic sniper, and if I am not mistaken the gauss rifles for each side is the same until you talk about quirks.

That being said the Jagermech-A can fire a gauss up to a little over 2500m.. which is pretty disgusting considering how much I used the JM6-FB gauss before all the big changes (including the launch of wave 1). The IS can have all their petty little buffs. It is just more of a challenge for us. If we can beat them, sure it may only justify the buffs/ nerfs that much more. But lets take this opportunity to polish our skills because honestly - it won't stay like this forever. The best of players are a minority to the rest of the community. PGI may be bias in favoring the IS, but they still have alot of other factors that need balancing other than cool-downs and weapon ranges.

Keep fighting my brothers!!

#74 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:08 AM

View PostM A S E, on 20 May 2015 - 02:09 PM, said:

I agree with alot that Spadejack had to say. However I do not think that because of a few overdone quirk passes, buffs and nerfs mean I should refund my Wave 3 pack. The EBJ will be the clan's high mount ballistic sniper, and if I am not mistaken the gauss rifles for each side is the same until you talk about quirks.

That being said the Jagermech-A can fire a gauss up to a little over 2500m.. which is pretty disgusting considering how much I used the JM6-FB gauss before all the big changes (including the launch of wave 1). The IS can have all their petty little buffs. It is just more of a challenge for us. If we can beat them, sure it may only justify the buffs/ nerfs that much more. But lets take this opportunity to polish our skills because honestly - it won't stay like this forever. The best of players are a minority to the rest of the community. PGI may be bias in favoring the IS, but they still have alot of other factors that need balancing other than cool-downs and weapon ranges.

Keep fighting my brothers!!

So, if we lose, we lose, if we win or have very good 'Mechs, we get them nerfed until only the best of the best can win.. It does not sound so nice :P

#75 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:16 AM

View Postmadhermit, on 20 May 2015 - 12:28 AM, said:

half of the maps are ******* volcanoes. TBR cant do anything but energy well. and now this ****.

Very wrong, maybe you start to get better at building mechs.

#76 Rivenstar

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 21 posts
  • LocationPHILADELPHIA

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:25 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 18 May 2015 - 04:07 AM, said:

Because this is only the last of a long series of nerfs since day 1 of the Clan "invasion"... I agree TBR and SCR needed a bit of a nerf, but a small agility nerf could have been enough.. Why should i be punished for running a stock loadout? And these 'Mechs are mostly energy based, with missiles and ballistics here and there. Would you put negative laser quirks on a 4P? Or negative flamer quiks on a Firestarter (just an example)? Or negative missile quirks on a Catapult or PPC quirks on a Awesome?

Besides, they are both considered the most useful CW 'Mechs. While i do not agree that the other 'Mechs are useless, they were both very good to counter the IS meta.

One thing is adapting and overcome.. Another is invading against much bigger numbers, vs better than-Star-League quirked 'tech and 'Mechs, and PGI constantly nerfing our 'Mechs each month. I even recall a tweet by Russ, a while ago, where he said that balance was almost fine and Clans may have not been nerfed more...

I tend not to blindly whine and be objective, finding arguments and thinking for a while before talking about balance.. But i can hardly refuse to believe now that PGI is biased towards the IS, wether for financial reasons or personal feelings..

And as i already said.. Have all the IS players forgot how much they have whined for Clans OP, even while their 'Mechs got buffed (some even with 50% bonuses!) and ours were constantly nerfed? Seems like someone just wants to see Clan 'Mechs nerfed to the ground. For someone, no nerf is ever enough..

Yet, us and only us are the whiners, unworthy of the title of Clan warriors, while the good IS players adapt and overcome from the cockpits of their meta-Stalkers.

Why does MWO have to be a constant chase to an always changing meta? Why even the few very good stock loadouts are nerfed?

Now, i really would like to hear about those UAC buffs..

Cycloner, you my friend get it. Well said! The IS so quickly forget the pages and pages of "whinetech" and continuously paint the Clan Loyalists as the devil. I will willingly admit there are tears a'flowing on the Clan side as well, no doubt but lets look at the bigger picture.

The business model alone is borked. You float the mechs out there, metas are discovered, tears start to flow and whoop! Here comes the nerfs! PGI floats out some more shineys, we get all excited, here comes the metas, the tears, the endless pages of hate and whoop! Here come the nerfs again. Yet strangely enough the Clans are more expensive to purchase, the IS gets boosted and newer and cheaper IS packs are introduced but yet the Clans are the problem. Wash, rinse, repeat.

The Clans have been a cash cow for PGI and we all know it. This "free game" is being floated along by the cash being so vigorously and freely given to our PGI overlords. Yes when we gave all of our cash over willingly we opened ourselves up to whatever PGI determined was best for the game. But can you honestly sit there and see that balance in and of itself is impossible because we are all different in every way. From pilot skills, to gunnery skills, to FFS what weapon load outs make the most sense.

In my opinion NO ONE will be happy until the following events occur:

1. All weapons, regardless of IS or Clan will have ALL OF THE SAME CHARACTERISTICS (i.e. same range, damage and heat values, same effects, same, same, same) This way NO ONE has an advantage other than individual skill, armor ratings and focus fire/group skills. We walked away from TT and Canon, why not keep running down that hill!
2. All "unlockables" will be available for C-Bills. No more locked Clan mechs.
3. No more XL deaths
4. No variety at all. Let's just make all the mechs the "fisher price" my first mech and the best pilot wins. If all the weapons do the same thing (per class obviously - IS ERLARGE = Clan ERLARGE, etc.) then no one can scream to the heavens about how unfair it all is.

I may be completely off base but I for one am sick to death of all the whining on both sides. I have cried along with many others and like the end of many of the games I loved EQ, Warhammer Online, etc. maybe it just will go down in flames and disappear. I get that not everyone will be happy. Maybe we are all just pissing into a fan and hoping to not get wet. Thanks for the time folks.

Edited by CyclonerM, 21 May 2015 - 06:40 AM.
corrected a typo in my quote

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users