75 replies to this topic

#1 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:24 AM

Has we all know by now, the timber and the crow will be getting a HUGE nerf, regarding laser weapons.
With the current clan tech, we all know that lasers, although having longer durations and heat (even with their range cut off with the later nerf) are the only viable weapons.
Clan ACs simply dont work, they are trash...
Clan LRMs are pretty, blue, a stream line... but a single AMS can shoot them easelly, not like an IS missile voley!
Clan PPCs are simply too hot! Almost unmanageable...

I propse the following, that clan teams simply stop playing CW! OR even change to a IS team!!!
If you have already bought the wave 3, ask for a refund!

PGI seems to be intended to finish the clans, and as we all know, the current meta is IS super quircked mechs. So i say, lets simply move to IS, and make use of their meta!!!!

Clan mechs and tech is simply trash, thanks to PGI biased nerfs.... lets all ask for a refund on wave 3!!!!

#2 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:28 AM

Honestly? I think responses like this are just overreactions.
Sure, the majority of Clan weapons are "garbage" (actually they are just different than their IS counterparts in such a way that a different approach is required to make proper use of them), but so what? Use them anyway, practice up and make them work. That is what I did. :)

And there is no way in heck you are going to make me request a refund just because you do not like how the game works. :P

#3 dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 271 posts
  • LocationLaborer caste mess hall

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:30 AM

I say play more. We are Clan. Bring on the Nerf Hammer!

#4 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:32 AM

View PostWonderSparks, on 17 May 2015 - 08:28 AM, said:

Sure, the majority of Clan weapons are "garbage" (actually they are just different than their IS counterparts in such a way that a different approach is required to make proper use of them), but so what? Use them anyway, practice up and make them work. That is what I did. :)

And there is no way in heck you are going to make me request a refund just because you do not like how the game works. :P

No really, I play both sides, and I just cancled the wave threes.
Like you said most clan weapons are already garbage and everything that isn't an SRM or gauss is nerfed to the ground, as well as two of three competitve chassis.

Sure as hell not going back to the clan side now, and if the unit does I just won't drop.

E: actually not dropping at all, its silly.

Edited by Yokaiko, 17 May 2015 - 08:37 AM.

#5 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:36 AM

View PostWonderSparks, on 17 May 2015 - 08:28 AM, said:

You simply dont know what you are talking about... play CW on clan side, and you will know what im talking about!

#6 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:38 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 17 May 2015 - 08:32 AM, said:

No really, I play both sides, and I just cancled the wave threes.
Like you said most clan weapons are already garbage and everything that isn't an SRM or gauss is nerfed to the ground, as well as two of three competitve chassis.

Sure as hell not going back to the clan side now, and if the unit does I just won't drop.

I play both Clan and IS, too. I have no trouble making anything work, regardless of "nerfs" or "buffs".
Of course, if you do not like Clan tech, then do not use it, if that is what makes playing fun for you. ^_^
But people like me will continue to adapt to the dynamics of the battlefield, no matter how "good" or "terribad" something is. :P
(Read: I use what I like, not what is "meta", and I enjoy playing that way)

#7 o0Marduk0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:38 AM

Never thought that you did something wrong, when losing against IS?

#8 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:40 AM

View PostSpadejack, on 17 May 2015 - 08:36 AM, said:

You simply dont know what you are talking about... play CW on clan side, and you will know what im talking about!

Actually I do know what I am talking about. There is always a way to make something work. It might not fit into the "competitive meta" (for reasons such as "face time" and whatnot) but nothing is completely worthless if even a scrub like me can still get kills and do enough damage to contribute positively to a battle while using such weapons. ;) :P

#9 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:00 AM

You know what? Look at CW map, there are no clans!!!!
Clans cant compete with IS period! Tukayid was won due to MS and QQ joining the clans!
In 2 weeks, there will be no more clan planets except home planets. Then we will see IS houses fighting each other.
Clans since came out, have been nerfed to the ground so many times! Heat increase, range decreased, lasers duration increased... you name it...

So yes, PGI killed the only 2 viable mechs that the clans had! Now, i can only say either goodbye to the game or change to IS, because playing with clan is so frustrating

#10 Redshirt enraged

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 128 posts
  • Locationhere / there / everywhere

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:20 AM

...and you will see..after the nerf there will be still some jerks who tell you how op your clan mechs are. ;)

#11 Hellion Kell

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:57 AM

I completely agree this was a bad move on the part of PGI I won't be buying wave 3 (I was strongly thinking about it hint hint PGI) in any game to balance OP stuff you don't bash the best ones you make the not so good ones better look at BF4 thank you PGi for screwing CW by making an already losing faction (the clans) now we will only have our capitals left it does not make any sense please PGI do not do this.

#12 o0Marduk0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:10 AM

People must be dumb, if they believe, that the CW map is the way it is, because of nerfed clan mechs.

#13 Shalune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCombination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:11 AM

View PostWonderSparks, on 17 May 2015 - 08:38 AM, said:

I play both Clan and IS, too. I have no trouble making anything work, regardless of "nerfs" or "buffs".
Of course, if you do not like Clan tech, then do not use it, if that is what makes playing fun for you. ^_^
But people like me will continue to adapt to the dynamics of the battlefield, no matter how "good" or "terribad" something is. :P
(Read: I use what I like, not what is "meta", and I enjoy playing that way)

Please try to take this for what it is: an observation. I mean no offense, but I think bluntness is needed.

Your posts tell me that you enjoy playing the game for its own sake and are a good enough pilot to be relatively effective in any decent mech. That's fine. I support that. What they also tell me is that fine tuned balance is simply not something you are concerned with.

As someone who has played on teams with and against competitive players (I won't pretend to call myself one) let me tell you that small percentage numbers make and break the game. The game simply lacks any real competitive game mode right now, so it's very easy to put up good numbers in any game where you're not against a full premade. This gives this impression your mech and play is much better than it is. In reality, the average skill level of MWO players is low enough to enable this.

By contrast, if you were regularly exposed to a competitive environment you'd find that any mech and team that does not conform to the highest standards gets rolled over by one that does. The best example has always been how much of a joke LRMs are in competitive play, while they can even carry games in public matches.

I am not here to invalidate your perspective. In fact I support it, and am glad you enjoy the game as you do. However, I'd ask you to be mindful of the many of us who do value that balance and take issue with PGI when we feel it is tweaked in the wrong direction, or too strongly.

#14 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:18 AM

A 22% dps hit for the dastardly act of having 5 energy hardpoints is a tad.....well it aint a small percentage.

#15 Lawrence Elsa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 202 posts
  • LocationPacific Standard Timezone

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:35 AM

Does this mean that Clan PPCs and UACs will get buffs at any point?

#16 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:49 AM

View PostShalune, on 17 May 2015 - 10:11 AM, said:

Please try to take this for what it is: an observation. I mean no offense, but I think bluntness is needed.

Your posts tell me that you enjoy playing the game for its own sake and are a good enough pilot to be relatively effective in any decent mech. That's fine. I support that. What they also tell me is that fine tuned balance is simply not something you are concerned with.

As someone who has played on teams with and against competitive players (I won't pretend to call myself one) let me tell you that small percentage numbers make and break the game. The game simply lacks any real competitive game mode right now, so it's very easy to put up good numbers in any game where you're not against a full premade. This gives this impression your mech and play is much better than it is. In reality, the average skill level of MWO players is low enough to enable this.

By contrast, if you were regularly exposed to a competitive environment you'd find that any mech and team that does not conform to the highest standards gets rolled over by one that does. The best example has always been how much of a joke LRMs are in competitive play, while they can even carry games in public matches.

I am not here to invalidate your perspective. In fact I support it, and am glad you enjoy the game as you do. However, I'd ask you to be mindful of the many of us who do value that balance and take issue with PGI when we feel it is tweaked in the wrong direction, or too strongly.

Hey now, I do want to say one thing right off the bat: I do appreciate the importance of balance in the game, and the fact that it sure as heck is not an easy thing to establish in such a dynamic environment as MWO.

But yes, as it stands the fine-tuned balance that may or may not ever exist is not exactly a concern of mine, since I just take what we have and adapt to it as best I can.
I mean, there have been a few times when things did go over the top, even by my whacked-out standards, and I was not exactly happy about them, but in general things are usually well enough that I (personally) notice nothing game-breaking.
Maybe there are things that go on in more competitive areas that I do not get because I have never thought of myself as being competitive (quite the contrary, really), but as far as I am concerned (in Pugland, mostly) things are, more often than not, balanced "well enough" to at least play and have fun. :)

...Although I have to admit, sometimes that extra little bit of cooldown or little cut off of duration do make things a bit different and interesting. :D

#17 RolfS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 134 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:07 PM

I don't know if those are huge nerfs but obviously PGI ensured that we cannot install endo steel and cannot change the engine in the clan mechs, hence the only viable mechs to play are those that have endo steel and a decent engine size. This of course means only timber wolfs and storm crows as competitive mechs. Nerfing those mechs reduces clan mech loadout in CW effectively by 3 to 5 tons. The only viable weapon in CW is energy weapons because of ammo limitations in the CW game.
You can play 3 hellbringers and 1 adder to circumvent these nerfs if needed, but that is not going to increase the number of different mechs being used in CW.
These new quirks show that PGI doesn't understand how to play effectively in CW. If PGI increased ammo loadout in some other mechs for clan (im looking at you summoner), added option to install endo steel in some clan mechs (summoner would suddenly become summoner 2, hellbringer would be hellbringer 2 etc), we would perhaps get additional mechs played in CW.

#18 Khan Felix Pryde

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 28 posts
  • LocationWinning, somewhere, but definitely winning

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:13 PM

I could always deal with the cooldown and the heat generation, its the duration that always bothered me. I can be a better pilot and run around to the side and take a shot at my enemy, a very difficult shot while running 106 km.

Meanwhile, while he is getting shot in that huge window, he turns and taps his superquirk lasers at me, and pow, he didn't even half to aim, he only needed his crosshairs on me for a second.

I guess since better players play clan, we will adapt accordingly and become even better pilots, or be destroyed.

#19 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:47 PM

View PostSpadejack, on 17 May 2015 - 09:00 AM, said:

You know what? Look at CW map, there are no clans!!!!
Clans cant compete with IS period! Tukayid was won due to MS and QQ joining the clans!
In 2 weeks, there will be no more clan planets except home planets. Then we will see IS houses fighting each other.
Clans since came out, have been nerfed to the ground so many times! Heat increase, range decreased, lasers duration increased... you name it...

So yes, PGI killed the only 2 viable mechs that the clans had! Now, i can only say either goodbye to the game or change to IS, because playing with clan is so frustrating

Lots of people are taking a break from CW since Tukayyid, we all got burnt out. Same goes for many IS players too.

When CW updates and new mechs roll in, anticipate a resurgence in players.

Timber Wolf and Stormcrow are still going to be great mechs after this, you just have to adapt your strategy. Previous builds that could fire lasers more constantly will now have to involve a little more maneuvering into their playstyle. It's not like the weapon damage got nerfed, so I don't see what the big issue is. Most of the time you're unable to fire constantly at an enemy anyways, they either duck into cover or you're forced to torso twist or something. This fix will demand more strategy and precision accuracy from Clan pilots, that's all.

#20 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:49 PM

View PostRepasy, on 17 May 2015 - 12:47 PM, said:

It's not like the weapon damage got nerfed, so I don't see what the big issue is. Most of the time you're unable to fire constantly at an enemy anyways, they either duck into cover or you're forced to torso twist or something. This fix will demand more strategy and precision accuracy from Clan pilots, that's all.

yeah so with those 1.9 second er-llas people are just going to stand there and take it, you aren't going to be able to apply much, not when you getting up to 1.65s burns for er-mlas.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users