TACTIC

17 replies to this topic

#1 ZOMBIEKILLER

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:58 AM

would it be possible to use jump jets and come down ontop of a mech and pin him to the ground.also when i played aearlyer vertion of the game when you were close to a mech and got the kill shot it would fall and grab your mechs legs and you were stuck there till the end of the match.

here is a idea for a weapon a nano misstle. it would be pre set to target a system funtion of the enemy mech .and on impact would start to shut down that funtion of the mech .agreed not all funtions could be targeted.the ones that could would be heat sinks targeting hud display etc

#2 SinnerX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:28 AM

fry eyes.jpg

The devs have mentioned the jumping tactic, it's called "death from above."

Are you sure you were playing a MechWarrior game that allowed you to grab an enemy's legs?

Nano misstle sounds awesome, I wonder if you could set it to target someone's forum access.

#3 Fire for Effect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 583 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:29 AM

thats called "death from above" and at least in the boardgame for more than 20 years.

forget ideas for weapons, we have tech set for the next 50 years...

#4 Chunkymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 657 posts
  • LocationReady to make war on Romano Liao for the true chancellor, Candace Allard-Liao

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:30 AM

Nano Missle?

#5 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:32 AM

Well, you can't pin down mechs, you can only crush their pilots by jumping on their cockpit, resulting in damage on both sides.
When you destroy an enemy, his mech simply falls down destroyed and no explosions will happen.

And lastly, the weapon you suggest is not a very good thing for a plethora of reasons:

1st: There is a set canon for the universe and it dictates all the weapons. Also, no nano technologies are available.

2nd: It is bad from gameplay perspective as well, since it takes away skill and makes missiles a lot more powerful, yet easier to use.

#6 Cik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:33 AM

no

#7 Xytaglyph

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationLacey, WA

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:43 AM

View PostAdridos, on 03 July 2012 - 08:32 AM, said:

Well, you can't pin down mechs, you can only crush their pilots by jumping on their cockpit, resulting in damage on both sides.
When you destroy an enemy, his mech simply falls down destroyed and no explosions will happen.

And lastly, the weapon you suggest is not a very good thing for a plethora of reasons:

1st: There is a set canon for the universe and it dictates all the weapons. Also, no nano technologies are available.

2nd: It is bad from gameplay perspective as well, since it takes away skill and makes missiles a lot more powerful, yet easier to use.

AGREED

#8 Kekkeri

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:53 AM

View PostChunkymonkey, on 03 July 2012 - 08:30 AM, said:

Nano Missle?

nano misstle

#9 EGH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:17 PM

those nano missiles sound a lot like the plasma-gel missiles to shutdown enemies.

#10 Nightborn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:28 PM

View PostZOMBIEKILLER, on 03 July 2012 - 07:58 AM, said:

would it be possible to use jump jets and come down ontop of a mech and pin him to the ground.also when i played aearlyer vertion of the game when you were close to a mech and got the kill shot it would fall and grab your mechs legs and you were stuck there till the end of the match.

here is a idea for a weapon a nano misstle. it would be pre set to target a system funtion of the enemy mech .and on impact would start to shut down that funtion of the mech .agreed not all funtions could be targeted.the ones that could would be heat sinks targeting hud display etc

Posted Image

#11 Reoh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:19 PM

Keep in mind that DFA usually means both mechs go tumbling down.

PeaseOHpleaseOHplease let me bury a lighter mech into the ground with my highlander.

#12 SinnerX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:45 PM

View PostKekkeri, on 03 July 2012 - 08:53 AM, said:

nano misstle

Posted Image

#13 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:48 PM

View PostSinnerX, on 03 July 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

Posted Image

If we are doing Nano Misstles then I want some Cool Missiles that I can shoot on my allies to reduce their heat. I'll be the Catapult that every energy mech loves. :)

#14 Endless Ike

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

IMPOSSIBRU

#15 Shiinore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 483 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

1) You weren't playing MechWarrior.
2) This game will only include weapons from the storyline. Nano missiles do not exist in BattleTech.

#16 Ergath Macfirtree

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

Posted Image

#17 SinnerX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

View PostElizander, on 03 July 2012 - 01:48 PM, said:

If we are doing Nano Misstles then I want some Cool Missiles that I can shoot on my allies to reduce their heat. I'll be the Catapult that every energy mech loves. :)

Dude! We could open up a whole new avenue for teamplay! Cooling missiles, repair lasers, and ammo shells! Someone get Russ in here :D

#18 Future Perfect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:07 PM

How does a mech using jump jets avoid getting hit by a volley of LRMs?

I realize that maybe in the MechWarrior games LRMs didn't travel in such a high arc as they do in MWO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users