24 replies to this topic

#1 Shadewolfe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 149 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:11 AM

Hello everyone. I recently had to reformat my computer, and the first game I went to reinstall was MWO. MWO ran fine on this computer before the reformatting but now whenever I try to launch the game i get an error that says
" MWOClient.exe - System error.
The program can't start because MSVCP100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

To alleviate some possible fixes that haven't worked, I have indeed tried to reinstall my C++, .NET, and Direct X but it still gives me the error. I hope somebody can help because I would love to be able to play the game I've dropped hundreds on dollars on.

#2 Shadewolfe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 149 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:42 PM

Please guys, I really want to be able to play this game again.. It was bad enough struggling with my computer to get it to work but now I can't even play Mechwarrior.

#3 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 04:14 PM

You're probably just not installing the right packages. Which exact packages have you installed for VC++, .Net, and DX? Which exact version of Windows are you using?

#4 Shadewolfe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 149 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 17 May 2015 - 05:12 PM

View PostxWiredx, on 17 May 2015 - 04:14 PM, said:

You're probably just not installing the right packages. Which exact packages have you installed for VC++, .Net, and DX? Which exact version of Windows are you using?

I am using Windows 8.1. I'm not sure what Direct X and .Net I was downloading (I was following hte instructions from another post) but the C++ is the 2010 I believe.

#5 Blue Frog

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 89 posts
  • LocationWhere You Least Expect...

Posted 17 May 2015 - 05:39 PM

Windows 8.1 doesn't come with the correct DX9 package installed. It was missing a .dll file, but I don't think it was the same as you listed. Anyway, I went to MS's website and manually downloaded DX9. It seemed to work for me.

#6 Shadewolfe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 149 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 17 May 2015 - 05:58 PM

View PostBlue Frog, on 17 May 2015 - 05:39 PM, said:

Windows 8.1 doesn't come with the correct DX9 package installed. It was missing a .dll file, but I don't think it was the same as you listed. Anyway, I went to MS's website and manually downloaded DX9. It seemed to work for me.

I went to download DX9 and it says "You must be running Windows 98, Windows Millenium Edition, Windows 2000, Windows XP, or Windows Server 2003 family to install Directx 9.0

#7 Shadewolfe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 149 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 17 May 2015 - 06:05 PM

Okay so I apparently have DX11 already but its still giving me that error.. Im just confused and want this game to wooork.

#8 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:41 AM

It is hard to tell which one was installed where at this point for me, but I have 2008, 2010, 2013 and 2013 preview VC++ redistributable packages installed.

Honestly, you probably could have just emailed support first and already had an answer. This is also something that would be nice to add to the system requirements or a basic troubleshooting sticky (which we definitely lack at this point in time).

Edited by xWiredx, 18 May 2015 - 04:42 AM.

#9 Shadewolfe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 149 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:23 AM

View PostxWiredx, on 18 May 2015 - 04:41 AM, said:

It is hard to tell which one was installed where at this point for me, but I have 2008, 2010, 2013 and 2013 preview VC++ redistributable packages installed.

Honestly, you probably could have just emailed support first and already had an answer. This is also something that would be nice to add to the system requirements or a basic troubleshooting sticky (which we definitely lack at this point in time).

I tried installing VC++ 2013 and it refuses to begin the download and im unsure of while. Will continue trying.

As far as support, I have sent in an email but I've only gotten a confirmation email in return and no actual support which is kinda've disheartening.

-Edit- I got VC++ 2013 to download but still no go on the game. I'm not quite sure what to do anymore. I suppose I should try finding '08 and see if downloading that will fix it.

-Edit2- Well I found '08 and got that.. Still no go. I'm really unsure of what to do from this point..

Edited by Darkwolfe, 18 May 2015 - 08:27 AM.

#10 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:49 PM

Realized I made a typo there - it's supposed to be 2012 and 2013. If you don't have 2012, hunt it down. Maybe press support with a follow-up. Also, possibly uninstall and reinstall MWO once these are all installed.

#11 Shadewolfe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 149 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 18 May 2015 - 06:22 PM

No luck with 2012 but I'll try reinstalling MWO tonight and let you know how it goes tomorrow.

#12 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 18 May 2015 - 06:50 PM

Since there were not specifics, and it is quite possible some of the links other users provided were not correct....

http://mwomercs.com/...-this-may-help/

Or here

http://mwomercs.com/...bit-mwo-client/

Or here. To show others if anyone has these issues and use the search engine.

http://mwomercs.com/...patcher-issues/

The links for the necessary files are in the above link.

If your system/os is 64bit enabled, the game now defaults to it. For the MS Visual Basics 2010, ya need both x86 and x64.

As mentioned all OS come with a default version of directx 9 (along with DX10/11/12) but MS does not include last set of modules. Use the link above. The other item is that for Microsoft will have older versions of most things available, and the bad thing is that those downloads do not automatically update to the newest version, thus the error you received.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 18 May 2015 - 06:59 PM.

#13 cx5

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:04 AM

@Darkwolfe

First of all I could always run this game in 32 bits regardless of fresh install windows or not, but always CANNOT run this game in 64 bits no matter what until I install "[color=#959595]vcredist_x64.exe[/color]"

I think download from http://www.microsoft...n.aspx?id=21254

See my post number #13
http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4441250

Good luck !!! praying that you could play this game without wasting the money.

#14 Shadewolfe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 149 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:59 PM

Hm. Well the Win8.1 install I used was the 64bit because I assumed it was better. Maybe i'll try to reinstall windows with the 32bit just to test. Especially since I've discovered that there's some sort of crippling error with my computer since the reformat.

So before I had to reformat, I could play World of Warships on Medium settings around 30fps (this is with the integrated graphics so if I had my GFX Card hooked up it would have been even better) but now, after the reformat, I can't even run it on the lowest settings possible. i tried and got literally 1fps. So I'm not quite sure what's going on.

#15 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 06:02 PM

I would recommend sticking with the 64-bit OS but you may want to format and reinstall again. Also, make sure to do all Windows patches, but if possible stop it from installing anything for your videocard and grab those separately. Then install any "missing" VC++ redists, .Net 4.5, and the DX9 offline redist. Finally, reinstall MWO and maybe breathe a sigh of relief.

#16 Shadewolfe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 149 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 19 May 2015 - 07:31 PM

View PostxWiredx, on 19 May 2015 - 06:02 PM, said:

I would recommend sticking with the 64-bit OS but you may want to format and reinstall again. Also, make sure to do all Windows patches, but if possible stop it from installing anything for your videocard and grab those separately. Then install any "missing" VC++ redists, .Net 4.5, and the DX9 offline redist. Finally, reinstall MWO and maybe breathe a sigh of relief.

Well my video card isnt hooked up right now so thats no issue. I will say that it would not let me install DX9 before since I'm on Win8.1 . But I suppose I could try to format and reinstall again. No harm in trying..

#17 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:28 PM

https://www.microsof...ls.aspx?id=8109

If issues with the dxwebsetup for dx9c, use the redistribution file. Download it, unpack it to a folder by itself, then run the dxsetup.exe I use this version as it will overwrite any corrupted dx9c files that may already be installed as well as the newest ones added in 2010.

#18 Shadewolfe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 149 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:28 PM

Okay so just reinstalled Windows again. First thing I did was my Graphics drivers for the integrated Intel. Then I checked for .Net 4.5 and that was evidently already on the computer. I then found and downloaded DX9, and just finished installing VC++ 2010, 2012, and 2013. Now I will reinstall World of Warships (since I got that game to technically work last time but the frames were.. weird considering it worked before the first reformat.)

Will report in tomorrow after the download is complete and I have tested the game.

Edited by Darkwolfe, 19 May 2015 - 08:28 PM.

#19 Shadewolfe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 149 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 19 May 2015 - 10:03 PM

Well.. It didnt help at all. I even found my MSI CD that came with the Mobo and installed the drivers off of that and it still didn't help. I'm honestly about to just give up on this computer but then again I don't have any other computer to use.

#20 Shadewolfe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 149 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:41 PM

Well.. I got my new monitor and cord. Hooked it up, hooked up my GFX card now that I can use it, updated the drivers and then restarted so I can launch WoWS and test it to see if it works.. Well. It works! Now I gotta download MWO and see if I get the same error.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users