56 replies to this topic

#21 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:01 PM

Id like to see the Clan 'retro-fits' (Im actually thinking that they arent retrofits so much as they are SLDF Era Technology thats been maintained, or what would be 'LosTTech' to the Successor States.) make an appearance. Some of the IIc's if I am not mistaken we're actually more rebuilds than a retrofit (either due to adding or removing tonnage Think the Shadow Hawk and the Jenner had weight Increases and the WarHammer and RifleMan had weight decreases, not using Sarna atm to look up info).
Having just recently re-read Blood of Kerensky Trilogy, The Grey Death Legion Saga Trilogy, Threads of Ambition (book 1 Capellan Solution Duology), Dagger Point and Freebirth (twilight of the clans IV), and in all but the Grey Death books Clan OmniMechs are used with Clan BattleMechs (I can recall for sure Jenners and FireStarters but they werent given the IIc designation in the books) so its Canonical and it would also increase the DropDec Diversity for the Clans. Leave their quirks alone (unless there are quirks that are Canon) and either dial the IS Ghost Heating with Large Lasers (unless of course its Limited to Large Lasers alone not Large Pulse of ER Large) back to 2 or give the Clans Near Invisible Lasers (which is Canon) that dont do Damage over time but Pin Point Damage (where you fire at is where you hit and damage) and Solid and Cluster option for LBX's (also canon. the Solid shots pound on armor at point of impact while the Cluster acts like a Sand Blaster) and Huge Maps with a more varied set of Objectives and no time limits (Yeah we all know that some team will scatter and shutdown to make the OpFor either hunt them down or 'throw' the drop out of frustration and boredom after 1 hour, but it is a valid tactic. It wont win you any 'accolades' in the Community but a win is a win) This 30 minute storm the gates thing has gotten old .
And the Attack Lanes should be decided by each Unit instead of a Algorithm. Think of it as each unit we are in as Mech Regiments for which ever faction and Mercenaries (unless they become 'House' Merc Units Like Team Banzai) Can take contracts from units to be defenders or attackers (notice I said units not factions) or they can build up their own Empire and attack and defend their own planets.
Are there 3109 Units? Randomly give each Unit a planet and one week of Trade Talks (say your a Marik unit and you get a Kurita planet if you can find some other unit to trade with you can (and multiple times with in that week) and then wind us up and let us go. Let the cycle last 3 months and see what happens. Thats how the Old Leagues did Planetary Warfare (aka Community Warfare). Yeah the big units will more than likely crush the smaller ones but thats where alliances come from and should be left to the units.
The Factions are there to provide Loyalty bonuses and since every Faction awards extras if you 'Lock in' to one Faction (say Liao) you wont ever beable to get Ghost Bear loyalty points so Faction Locked units should get 10x the amount of goodies than some unit that goes from Faction to Faction since there are 10 Factions (ComStar is taken out of the Major Factions and replaced with the FRR (which is classed as a minor faction along with St Ives Compact and the Tikonov Free Republic).

Granted we can all hash this over until Hell Freezes over and none of the suggestions get used, but from the looks of CW now something needs changing. Badly.

#22 Alec Braca

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, Massachusetts USA

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:25 PM

View PostDeejayM, on 18 May 2015 - 11:27 AM, said:

Can you just send us clans home..
fighting in the IS has been nerfed to the point of not even being an "Invasion" but more of a "just browsing"
Let us just go back to the Kerensky Cluster until you figure out WHAT it is you really want the Clans to be..

We are by our Very Creation an Inner Sphere Invading entity... your numbers show the Clans are about 1/4 of the MWO population. So please before the Clan go drastic and do something PGI will regret..

Can you NOT see and hear both the IS and Clan teams screaming for CW to be fixed and to let the Invasion go WITHOUT messing with all the mechs...

This IS mech gets an ultra AC80 firing triple shots tightly grouped with no heat and the clans get a Mini laser that changes color and sound great but does .5 DMG with 40 heat and 2 min later has a ghost heat spike so if you fire twice you explode.

So please Just send us BACK to our Kerensky cluster and let us fight over meaningless possessions of the same worlds, at least we will be fighting Clan Vs Clan so we all have the same mini lasers...

And no I do not expect a reply.. just the same old indifference and uncaring attitude and more really cool mechs coming out to be greatly anticipated and quickly nerfed..

how about a weekend update that actually tells the status of the MWO universe...
we could have 2 min of Bombadill crying...

I can actually see this working. The players in the Clans can "leave" to go back to the home worlds or periphery/deep periphery. There would be something close to 20 Clans all together with tons of second line mechs because really, nearly all OmniMechs have been made already. They can do their clan thing blah blah Warden/Crusader blah blah Burrock Absorption blah blah Star Adder being {Richard Cameron} blah blah, and compete with each other to see what UNITS get to invade the IS on the first wave.
First Clan Wave, 1 week waiting period, 2nd Clan wave, 1 week waiting, then open the invasion up to everyone! That way only the best Clan units invade (that want to invade) and we won't have to nerf anymore mechs. Yes people will ***** and moan about how teamwork and good piloting are OP and that weapons load-outs are causing the problems.
You would get A LOT more players that WANT to join the Clans, MANY Clans. As for the IS, the FRR will still stand ready to make you pay for each ball of dirt you take.
THEN maybe after a lore battle of Tukayyid, the lore friendly Clan OZ's can be put into place. No invasions or only small world along the borders that could be gained. Who knows, maybe the Falcons and Wolves will fight the refusal war?

#23 R79TCom1 Night Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest, USA

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:31 PM

View PostIgorius, on 19 May 2015 - 11:48 AM, said:

Well, sending us Clanners back to the Homeworlds would open up the possibility of fighting for the best Clan of all time. You know who I'm talking about. Clan Fire Mandrill for the win! Glorious ape on ape combat, to put the Clan Invasion to shame.

Who needs enemies when you've got family?

"Every time we drop against Fire Mandrill they TK themselves and the last warrior overheats to death. We get no XP or C-Bills!"

Edited by R79TCom1 Night Lanner, 19 May 2015 - 01:32 PM.

#24 Cranky Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 114 posts
  • LocationHarem of French Poodles

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:31 PM

I would like to see the use of Coffers be expanded or be useable for something.

Rather than NERF the Clans...PGI should make better Inner Sphere Mechs with more weapons on them. 100 ton direwolf can have 16 weapons. Atlas Boars Head 8 weapons total not including AMS.

#25 VileKnight

• PipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:36 PM

Looking over the numbers from todays patch they seem a bit on the extreme end. I know some who have already dropped the Timber from drop decks, and given how powerful they have been I think that says something.

Clans already had a longer time on target to compensate for the higher damage, but jacking those up even more is going to actually make for some unbalanced play. This is going to give IS a nice edge at any poking due to the shorter amount of time they have to stay focused on targets.
I could be wrong, but in the next few weeks we will see how things play out.

Maybe a silver lining of this nerf will be that it could highlight the problems with AC systems for the clan players.

#26 anonymous161

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:50 PM

Personally I'm pretty much done with the clan mechs, and cw for that matter I dont like the maps, and dont like how they are treating the clan mechs in the game, also why I refunded the wave 3 and not gonna spend a penny more on this game.

Heh to think igp leaving meant we would finally be heard and the game would evolve like we all hoped it would silly us.

#27 Alec Braca

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, Massachusetts USA

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:59 PM

You know we're gonna do the same **** when Wave III comes out, then Resistance 2. etc

#28 Riyott

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts
  • LocationOn a boat (Literally)

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:00 PM

Edit: This was a dumb and unhelpful post. Move along.

Edited by Riyott, 19 May 2015 - 02:06 PM.

#29 WM Jeri

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 354 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:02 PM

View PostDarth Bane001, on 19 May 2015 - 01:50 PM, said:

Personally I'm pretty much done with the clan mechs, and cw for that matter I dont like the maps, and dont like how they are treating the clan mechs in the game, also why I refunded the wave 3 and not gonna spend a penny more on this game.

Heh to think igp leaving meant we would finally be heard and the game would evolve like we all hoped it would silly us.

This made me laugh when I put it in context of me...I took it one step further, I am done with the game. Stopped by to see whats up and see its the same old same old.

My 10K MC and enormous Premium Bank and 300+ million cbills and hundred plus mechs can just gather dust.

#30 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:20 PM

View PostAzeem447, on 18 May 2015 - 06:06 PM, said:

but even then ALL the love goes to Auto cannons, as they seem to always be getting speed and range buffs with greater heat dissipation. No such love seems to ever be given to any Energy weapon, instead we get even longer duration so you can NEVER do maximum damage to any target.

Your even more insane then me! How about following drawbacks of Autocanons:

1.) Autocanons weigh motherload!

2.) They need heavy ammunition

3.) Ammunition is finite!

4.) Ammunition freaking EXPLODE, and casing take extra weight.

5.) Some of them jam

6.)You have to lead the projectile! That's not your PEW INSTA-SPEED OF LIGHT LASORS!

7.) You can effectively boat them, like some freaks do with PPCs and Large Lasers - up to six of them!

So YEAH! Autocanons are life, Autocanons are love! They need love!

#31 kuritakun

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:25 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 19 May 2015 - 11:58 AM, said:

Cry more clanner.

Im not serious just making rude comments because this is the 100th topic on this subject. I dont think these nerfs are strong enough and the Clan players are doing premptive crying topics.

remove all the nerfs and quirks and youll see freebirths cry... some of us dont really care about clan or IS we have both and play both, we seldom play CW, but we do care about our beloved mechs, i love playin my TW and my thunderwub my whale and my crab, so stop bein an IS diehard a**h**** were here as players and we have the right to say what we feel

#32 Torchfire Katayama

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 114 posts
  • LocationNA

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:32 PM

View PostVileKnight, on 19 May 2015 - 01:36 PM, said:

Looking over the numbers from todays patch they seem a bit on the extreme end. I know some who have already dropped the Timber from drop decks, and given how powerful they have been I think that says something.

Clans already had a longer time on target to compensate for the higher damage, but jacking those up even more is going to actually make for some unbalanced play. This is going to give IS a nice edge at any poking due to the shorter amount of time they have to stay focused on targets.
I could be wrong, but in the next few weeks we will see how things play out.

Maybe a silver lining of this nerf will be that it could highlight the problems with AC systems for the clan players.

Correct, the Timberwolf and Stormcrow, which traditionally are energy based mechs, have had their energy based weapons reduced to very hot laser pointers. If a mech is SUPPOSED to run energy weapons why would you punish that mech for using them? I don't see any ballistic based mechs like the Jaeger being punished for using ballistics.

#33 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:41 AM

View PostTorchfire, on 19 May 2015 - 02:32 PM, said:

Correct, the Timberwolf and Stormcrow, which traditionally are energy based mechs, have had their energy based weapons reduced to very hot laser pointers. If a mech is SUPPOSED to run energy weapons why would you punish that mech for using them? I don't see any ballistic based mechs like the Jaeger being punished for using ballistics.

This.

I do not see Catapults being punished for using missiles either...

Or, for all that matters, a Firestarter being punished for using flamers :P

#34 War Steiner

• PipPipPip
  • General III
  • General III
  • 95 posts
  • LocationTerceira, Azores, Portugal

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:55 AM

I like your idea of moving the timeline, but I would move it FOREWARD and not back. Having the Clans pull back to the home worlds is not a solution. However, moving the timeline to something like 3055... just imagine:

This is MWO:Mercs, right? Mercs played the biggest part of IS history in this period. Green units pulled garrison duty so experienced IS House pilots could face the clans. Some merc units became massive: Wolf's Dragoons, Grey Death, ELH, Kell Hounds to name just a few. There was Outreach, the COMSTAR schism, and trouble in the Federated Commonwealth. In Clan space, Clans were splitting (Wolf) and revolting (Jade Falcon). Clans were becoming acclimatized and merging lifestyles (Ghost Bear, Diamond Shark & Nova Cats). Clans in the home worlds were clamoring to get in on the act and move to the IS. It was an exciting time.

It would be easy to implement as well. Since PGI decides which planets are next of the attack/defend vector, they could just ensure nothing goes toward Terra past the Tukayyid line.

Then they could focus on creating an economy and some way for salvage to allow IS to use limited Clan tech.

#35 Red Legs Greaves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 348 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:39 AM

View PostIgorius, on 19 May 2015 - 11:48 AM, said:

Well, sending us Clanners back to the Homeworlds would open up the possibility of fighting for the best Clan of all time. You know who I'm talking about. Clan Fire Mandrill for the win! Glorious ape on ape combat, to put the Clan Invasion to shame.

Who needs enemies when you've got family?

I was actually Khan of the Fire Mandrills for a time, just not enough interest to keep it going. It is really a shame because I love being a Fire Mandrill. I even have the Bloodname of Matilla. I would love to have an excuse like battling it out in the homeworlds to start the Clan back up agian.

#36 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:04 AM

Move the timeline start to 3055, give the clans their pie slices of the inner sphere, then open the black market for all, getting rid of this IS vs Clan tech bullshizzle. The technology gap is gone or at worst, funked up. Mind as well stop trying to make it all perfect, open up all mechs for all factions, and prove superiority in CW by tactical and piloting superiority. The IS says clan tech is OP? Give them access to it. The clans say IS tech is OP? Give em access to it. Then, the only complaints people will have is: Damn, (insert faction pilots) are OP! Nerf the pilots!

Also, more people will take permanent contracts if they don't have to worry about some of their guys preferring one tech over another and trying to please them all!

#37 VileKnight

• PipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:02 AM

View PostTorchfire, on 19 May 2015 - 02:32 PM, said:

I think that perfectly frames the issue.

#38 R79TCom1 Night Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 248 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:06 PM

War Steiner:

Since we are still in Beta, why not?  The only problem with jumping the timeline ahead to 3055 is that PGI has not finished releasing Succession War and Operation REVIVAL era ‘Mechs yet.  Aside from limiting what planets can be attacked to reflect a period in BattleTech Lore and what battles were raging at that time, the key element that puts you into that period is what ‘Mechs you can pilot.

The 3055-era had a lot of new ‘Mechs -- according to TRO:3055 -- that should be released before the timeline is moved ahead and those ‘Mechs are developed and put into combat over a period of time from 3052 to 3055.    

I would like to see:

Beta2 continues as is until end of summer maybe until early 2016. 
PGI develops the new 4vs4 – Scout Mission, improves planetary conquest, and refines the balance between Clan and Inner Sphere ‘Mechs. 

Beta3 – Prequel: Starts late 2015/early 2016 and goes until August.
MWO goes to Steam.  The Clans should be returned to their Homeworlds and the Inner Sphere should get a chance to fight some semblance of a Successor War, as I mention above.  PGI could work on the final fine tuning of CW game play, while new players from Stream could learn to play, earn some C-Bills, and get used to the factions.    

Go Live – Operation REVIVAL: Starts August 2016
The Clans get to (re)start their invasion.  New ‘Mechs released leading up to 3055 marketed as new weapons seen on the battle field by ComStar and armies fighting against the Clans.  Maybe coincide CW seasons with the Waves of the Clan Invasion over the next two years resetting the map after each season to the planets each Clan had at the end of each wave; ending with another, better, Tukayyid.  Time jump after that to the 3055/Refusal War Era.  Integrating a market or salvage system should happen here.

Peiper:

You are probably right, but I always hated BattleTech -- yes I know this is not BattleTech -- when using mix-tech.  Part of the fun of playing Clan is the shiny tech but having the strict rules of warfare, and part of the fun of play Inner Sphere is being the scrappy underdog that would do anything to protect their homes from these invaders.  Again, I know this is not BattleTech and having half a dozen people around a gaming table roleplay the Clan fighting style is a lot different than trying to have hundreds of people around the world -- many of whom know very little or do not care about BattleTech Lore -- do it. Also, where BattleTech had BattleValue or some other balance system where IS could at least have a numerical superiority despite having weaker weapons; MWO does not have that. 

One thing I have been begging for is having 12 IS vs 10 Clan drops, but seems to be something that is not going to, or cannot, happen.     

#39 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:30 PM

The problem is that you need your Beta to be about Clan vs IS, otherwise, if you launch it during live CW, you will have to all the necessary balance tweaks and design changes in the middle of the live CW.. And i would rather have a balanced and interesting CW by the time MWO goes to Steam.

Not that i have changed my mind about Steam being a big mistake ..

#40 R79TCom1 Night Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 248 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:53 PM

That is why I suggested keeping Beta2 as is, while working on balance and then on Beta3 when the two groups are separated, add content. Or as I in my first post above, have the Deep Periphery between Clan and Inner Sphere space be a skirmish zone or have Outreach be where the Wolf's Dragoons are holding trials between Clan and Inner Sphere tech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users