#1 Harper Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 200 posts
  • Locationwashington state

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:27 AM

Can you just send us clans home..
fighting in the IS has been nerfed to the point of not even being an "Invasion" but more of a "just browsing"
Let us just go back to the Kerensky Cluster until you figure out WHAT it is you really want the Clans to be..

We are by our Very Creation an Inner Sphere Invading entity... your numbers show the Clans are about 1/4 of the MWO population. So please before the Clan go drastic and do something PGI will regret..

Can you NOT see and hear both the IS and Clan teams screaming for CW to be fixed and to let the Invasion go WITHOUT messing with all the mechs...

This IS mech gets an ultra AC80 firing triple shots tightly grouped with no heat and the clans get a Mini laser that changes color and sound great but does .5 DMG with 40 heat and 2 min later has a ghost heat spike so if you fire twice you explode.

So please Just send us BACK to our Kerensky cluster and let us fight over meaningless possessions of the same worlds, at least we will be fighting Clan Vs Clan so we all have the same mini lasers...

And no I do not expect a reply.. just the same old indifference and uncaring attitude and more really cool mechs coming out to be greatly anticipated and quickly nerfed..

how about a weekend update that actually tells the status of the MWO universe...
we could have 2 min of Bombadill crying...

#2 Tank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:38 AM

So munch for signature of yours... huh..

#3 Harper Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 200 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:51 AM

LOL

No as the Marines once said "Attacking in a Different Direction"

it is just there is so much negative feedback from both sides I figured they could just send us back till they are ready for an actual invasion..

#4 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:56 AM

Introducing:

Made Up Numbers

Great for whenever the real numbers don't support your claim!

Looks like another satisfied customer?

Edit:
I don't even have anything against your suggestion, I just can't stand that level of hyperbole...

Edited by Domenoth, 18 May 2015 - 11:58 AM.

#5 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:00 PM

There was no "Different Direction" back when I was with FRR for 4 months, just few men that where ready took on all of invasion force all by them selves while rest of Inner Sphere had it stupid Succession War.

Sometimes you just hold the line against all odds.

#6 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 18 May 2015 - 05:22 PM

I've been suggesting that Clan-centric groups not play for a minimum of 2 weeks. Oh, and don't buy any of the new mechs - they'll just nerf them anyway.

#7 Azeem447

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 06:06 PM

Though I am An Avid Marik pilot and favor many IS. mechs over, (some) clan mechs, I do Agree that the constant Nerfing of clan tech for the sake of "balance" is just plane stupid! I for one am not afraid to try my metal against the might of the clans and prove my skill. (all be it invain). Clan LRM's are supposed to not have a minimum range yet here they do, Clan UAC's should function the same as IS UAC's, but they don't. laser damage duration takes SOOOOOOOOOOOO long that you can NEVER get a good solid full hit. in short the clans have been reduced to a "rogue" from ANY fantasy MMO with the only focus being DPS. I get that this works in most MMO's but this is supposed to be Battletech! AKA MECHWARRIORS!

If same mechanics were implemented into IS tech I would have less to complain about. but even then ALL the love goes to Auto cannons, as they seem to always be getting speed and range buffs with greater heat dissipation. No such love seems to ever be given to any Energy weapon, instead we get even longer duration so you can NEVER do maximum damage to any target.

#8 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:32 PM

You know what would be awesome? Making a game based off the "wars of reaving"

No IS factions, no stupid capture Terra objective, just clan vs clan just like the good old days of MW2

too many factions is apart of the problem leading to wide population spreadout. Maybe the game would of been better if it was wars of reaving or the just the succession wars

Edited by Grimwill, 18 May 2015 - 07:33 PM.

#9 Harper Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 200 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:06 PM

I am not trying to bash either side.. The IS has had more hands on their mechs than a 10$ ******...
I understand the tweeking for balance but it should really be in small incroments that do not change the entire balance of the game overnight..
I know I am preaching to the Wind as we all are as PGI just keeps ignoring us..

that's whay I say send us Home until you get it figured out then star a REAL invasion and LET both sides play it all the way through... THEN begin nerfing.. Not During and yes I know Beta2...blah blah

sigh... anyone for checkers

#10 Azeem447

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:45 AM

actually Grimwell, I kinda disagree with you there just a little bit. I think that part of the problem is not some factions being over populated, this was a/the only, weakness of the clans in battletech lore.

I believe that part of the problem with population is actually on the map side. the maps are just too small for 12vs12. the only tactic anyone can and will try is "murderball". there's no room for mechs to spread out and try to find back doors. though frankly, even if there was, it would do precuis little good as you would need almost a full lance to do any real damage. (though I blame that on double armor values, but that just me crying into a brick wall).

#11 R79TCom1 Night Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest, USA

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:01 AM

I like this idea of moving back to Clan Space, and, hey, we are in Beta so why not try it out.

1.  Move existing Clans back to Clan Space -- the Kerensky Cluster and Pentagon Worlds -- and out of the Inner Sphere.  
     a.  Possibly introduce remaining Clans as factions.
2.  Reset year to somewhere between 3025 to 3047, right before Operation REVIVAL started.  
3.  When PGI is satisfied enough with the state of CW to "go live" with it, reset the map, reset the date to August 3048, and start the invasion -- hopefully in August of this year or next.
     a.  An event could be held before the invasion to simulate the trials that preceded Operation REVIVAL to decide which 4 Clan factions invade and which corridors they get.

Reasons why this will be good for CW:
1.  This will give PGI some breathing room to run their CW-Beta testing where an end game and benefits for capturing planets -- a complaint I see frequently on these boards -- is not an issue.  The Lore based story of these two theaters (Clan Space and Succession War era Inner Sphere) is that there was constant fighting, but planets rarely changed hands except for occasionally going back and forth with nothing really being accomplished.  Kind of sounds like CW right now.  Use the current CW dynamic and run with it.
   a.  If Clan vs IS CW testing needs to be done, an event can be held in the Deep Periphery between Clan Space and the Inner Sphere, or on Solaris, or on Outreach.  
2.  It allows for the release of more 'Mechs that "should be" available by 3049.  Fire Moth and Viper for example.  Possibly some Clan BattleMechs like the IICs, the Incubus, Bane, Grizzly, Kodiak, and/or Stone Rhino.  Not to mention tons of Inner Sphere 'Mechs. 
3.  It will allow for inter-faction rivalries to form and fester. Why not allow FRR beat up on Kurita or Steiner forces for a little while before the Clans arrive?  Clan Jade Falcon should be fighting the Wolves for a while before the invasion occurs.        
4.  It will introduce a venue for Clan vs. Clan conflict that does not hinder the invasion and allow the Clans to, perhaps, establish zellbrigen and other Clan rules of warfare.  It will also allow the Inner Sphere to have a mini Succession War during Beta.

#12 Riyott

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts
  • LocationOn a boat (Literally)

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:32 AM

View PostR79TCom1 Night Lanner, on 19 May 2015 - 09:01 AM, said:

I like this idea of moving back to Clan Space, and, hey, we are in Beta so why not try it out.

1. Move existing Clans back to Clan Space -- the Kerensky Cluster and Pentagon Worlds -- and out of the Inner Sphere.
a. Possibly introduce remaining Clans as factions.
2. Reset year to somewhere between 3025 to 3047, right before Operation REVIVAL started.
3. When PGI is satisfied enough with the state of CW to "go live" with it, reset the map, reset the date to August 3048, and start the invasion -- hopefully in August of this year or next.
a. An event could be held before the invasion to simulate the trials that preceded Operation REVIVAL to decide which 4 Clan factions invade and which corridors they get.

Reasons why this will be good for CW:
1. This will give PGI some breathing room to run their CW-Beta testing where an end game and benefits for capturing planets -- a complaint I see frequently on these boards -- is not an issue. The Lore based story of these two theaters (Clan Space and Succession War era Inner Sphere) is that there was constant fighting, but planets rarely changed hands except for occasionally going back and forth with nothing really being accomplished. Kind of sounds like CW right now. Use the current CW dynamic and run with it.
a. If Clan vs IS CW testing needs to be done, an event can be held in the Deep Periphery between Clan Space and the Inner Sphere, or on Solaris, or on Outreach.
2. It allows for the release of more 'Mechs that "should be" available by 3049. Fire Moth and Viper for example. Possibly some Clan BattleMechs like the IICs, the Incubus, Bane, Grizzly, Kodiak, and/or Stone Rhino. Not to mention tons of Inner Sphere 'Mechs.
3. It will allow for inter-faction rivalries to form and fester. Why not allow FRR beat up on Kurita or Steiner forces for a little while before the Clans arrive? Clan Jade Falcon should be fighting the Wolves for a while before the invasion occurs.
4. It will introduce a venue for Clan vs. Clan conflict that does not hinder the invasion and allow the Clans to, perhaps, establish zellbrigen and other Clan rules of warfare. It will also allow the Inner Sphere to have a mini Succession War during Beta.

I was always irked by the fact that we never got an IS only campaign. I'm not sure how the Lore is but maybe, as you suggested, the clans go away for a bit and fight each other in their own, smaller space? While, of course, IS fights their futile battle of destroying each other.

#13 EightBitKnight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 164 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:48 AM

if I may

5. Gives clans a place to be beat back to without being wiped out completely. Clans get beat back to their space and have to start a new invasion route while the houses have a small area of space around their home worlds that should always remain theirs and gives them somewhere to start recovering their space from.

#14 chaas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 111 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:54 AM

At one point in time, the Clans were pushing the IS all over the place. Right now the Clans have about as many planets as the Rasalhagues finished with. The difference isn't 'Mechs getting nerfed. The difference is the two super-groups that played a ton of matches for the Clans last season are now suppressing them. That should tell you a lot about the biggest flaw in CW's design.

#15 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:56 AM

View PostTank, on 18 May 2015 - 12:00 PM, said:

There was no "Different Direction" back when I was with FRR for 4 months, just few men that where ready took on all of invasion force all by them selves while rest of Inner Sphere had it stupid Succession War.

Sometimes you just hold the line against all odds.

This one: CJF, in particular, was stomping Steiner a new mudhole. Added to this that the Lords and other mercs were joining forces to assist. The CJF players, if I'm being honest here, were just better; better organized, better shots, better strategies, better at recruiting.

But we learned how to play. Kurita learned how to play. FRR learned how to play. We've closed that gap.

Especially with the a.) bulk of the mercs fighting with the IS right now, b.) the huge population tank after Tukayyid, the Clans are getting stomped.

It's still just Beta2, I'd guess things will eventually pick back up, but I think most people are just waiting for something to fight over that's more involving that changing dot-colors. We've seen that, sooo....next step, please, PGI.

Edited by Dawnstealer, 19 May 2015 - 09:56 AM.

#16 Madok Pryde

• PipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 39 posts
  • Locationen route to the next DZ

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:42 AM

It would be nice to have a clan vs clan and is vs is beta run.
I know that JFP has had a HUGE population drop after they reset the map. I think we could all use a change of combat theater

#17 Igorius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 215 posts
  • LocationA place beyond your dreams

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:48 AM

Well, sending us Clanners back to the Homeworlds would open up the possibility of fighting for the best Clan of all time. You know who I'm talking about. Clan Fire Mandrill for the win! Glorious ape on ape combat, to put the Clan Invasion to shame.

Who needs enemies when you've got family?

#18 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:58 AM

Cry more clanner.

Im not serious just making rude comments because this is the 100th topic on this subject. I dont think these nerfs are strong enough and the Clan players are doing premptive crying topics.

#19 Poisoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 440 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:13 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 19 May 2015 - 11:58 AM, said:

Cry more clanner.

Im not serious just making rude comments because this is the 100th topic on this subject. I dont think these nerfs are strong enough and the Clan players are doing premptive crying topics.

Is that why you like to power down and hide in CW?

#20 VorpalAnvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Cantillon Brewery

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:24 PM

View PostPoisoner, on 19 May 2015 - 12:13 PM, said:

Is that why you like to power down and hide in CW?

In my minds eye I can just see him huddled in the closet crying into a stuffed toy Jaegermech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users