My Pc Dies With The Game Engine.

5 replies to this topic

#1 Tkarras

Rookie

• Nova Commander
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:00 PM

Hi, I have an I7, 16 gb of ram, X2 GTX 860, Windows 8.1, Directx 11... All settings maxed... 60 fps but when I look to the hills my fps jumps to 12!!! And it also happens when I get shooted by Lrms...

I spend a lot of money in this PC for play this game. And I want to know the reasons why I cant.

Greetings from Spain.

#2 Captain Carrot Ironfoundersson

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 86 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:48 PM

View Postwilliam ryalls, on 18 May 2015 - 01:48 PM, said:

Lrms a lot of Lrms and AC can drop FPS with a system rig like yours as for the hills which map are you referring too? my thoughts for you are reduced your settings until you get the results your okay with. You will never get it perfect. Your rig is good.

Lrms a lot of Lrms and AC can drop FPS with a system rig like yours as for the hills which map are you referring too? my thoughts for you are reduced your settings until you get the results your okay with. You will never get it perfect. Your rig good.

try one GPU MWO is not really good with two GPU.

Edited by william ryalls, 18 May 2015 - 01:51 PM.

#3 Tkarras

Rookie

• Nova Commander
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:42 PM

View Postwilliam ryalls, on 18 May 2015 - 01:48 PM, said:

Lrms a lot of Lrms and AC can drop FPS with a system rig like yours as for the hills which map are you referring too? my thoughts for you are reduced your settings until you get the results your okay with. You will never get it perfect. Your rig good.

try one GPU MWO is not really good with two GPU.

In all maps dude, I will change the settings...

Edited by Tkarras, 18 May 2015 - 03:49 PM.

#4 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:06 PM

Greetings all,

The graphics and game engine are not optimized yet for MWO.
- They (PGI) are still working on refining the code to get the best for all platforms from a single build.
- PGI is reluctantly still supporting Dx9c options for MWO, while the current/latest CryEngine build is dropping that option.
- If PGI could drop Dx9c, we would probable see many optimizations suddenly appear that they have not been able to 'code in or turn on', due to still needing Dx9c elements. (Dx11 is leaps beyond Dx9c tech and graphics, and the 12 version is even more advanced.)

This does cause some serious issues for those that have top of the line systems, as they do not see much improvement in the gameplay for others running the lower end systems.
- That being said, there are some elements that the user can do to improve some of the game action even without fine tuned optimizations.
- Check your graphics settings for 'custom profiles' for MWO. Set up a fan profile that speeds up the vid card fans to max while the game is running, this will reduce some of the heat issues most see when running this game. (or go liquid cooling)

I run two cards, have a fan profile set up to start and stop when this game is running. I'm also driving 3 monitors so the cards always have 'stuff to do' when the games up.
- As a note here, before the addition of the fan profiles, when MWO starts I can hear the vid cards 'suddenly spike' from the load on them. This is not normal! Running other top graphics games maxed does not do that, so yes, it's the current game code.

Edited by 9erRed, 22 May 2015 - 06:10 PM.

#5 Exarch Levin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 09:22 PM

- PGI is reluctantly still supporting Dx9c options for MWO, while the current/latest CryEngine build is dropping that option.

Still?! Why are they insisting upon supporting technology from 2004?!!

If they'd switch right now to a more modern CryTek engine, we'd have Mantle and that would at least bring great framerate improvement to those with modern AMD GPUs. Maybe Vulkan not too far down the road; screw DX12.

#6 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 09:25 PM

You want to lower the Particles advanced graphics setting, since that is the main culprit behind smoke/explosion framerate drops.

Just in case, check your chipset and CPU temperatures. MWO tasks those parts more than other games.

View PostExarch Levin, on 08 June 2015 - 09:22 PM, said:

Still?! Why are they insisting upon supporting technology from 2004?!!

Because half the player base can not really use DX11 on their museum piece rigs/laptops, and hiring graphics programmers that could truly upgrade the engine is expensive.

Edited by Modo44, 08 June 2015 - 09:29 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users