Phoenix Rising Event Issues Resolved

113 replies to this topic

#41 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:39 PM

>our top men looking into the issue

your 'top men' would better planned proper balance changes to the laserboating instead of these severe overnerfs for tbs and scr

#42 Pz_DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:06 AM

Solo part of event statistics need to be checked - yesterday stats page went down when i has 15 of 20 matches, and while it was down i've played at last 4 games, all of them with more then 30 score, but now it says "17 of 20"... There IS mistake...

P.S. Its not a problem for me, just a bit dissapointed - got 15, played 5 and im at 17...There is something with calculations.... Fore me or for PGI :P

#43 Clownwarlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:40 AM

Top Men HA!!!

#44 Garegaupa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 208 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:43 AM

Same issue here as well - I'm currently listed as having 17 qualifying matches, though I'm positive I have 20+. Hopefully this will get fixed. No big deal for me, but it would be fun to finally be able to fully complete an entire challenge, which is not all that easy when real life is keeping you busy day and night... ;)

#45 MikeBend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 536 posts
  • LocationUnderhive

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:22 AM

I think it would have helped, if PGI had put a sign "Dont Panic" on the event page, printed in large friendly letters :D

#46 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:29 AM

Conspiracy theory: Kill count wasn't on track to enable the poll which PGI needs to be able to resell the Phoenix Pack. So the kill count is taken offline for a day, despite having worked fine for the three days prior. Then PGI comes back and says "well, wasn't that odd, but good news, our top men tell us that you guys would have made that target, so the poll is open!" Poll opens. Vote is a 'yes'. PGI gets to resell old content for no additional work effort. Profit!

Ok, but conspiracy theories aside... was the kill count on track to beat the target by the end of the event? I assumed it would be a fairly achievable target, in order to ensure the poll could occur, for the same reasons as explained above.

Incidentally, I will be voting yes in the poll. So, no need for any shenanigans, hanging chads or United Nations election observers :-)

Edited by Appogee, 19 May 2015 - 01:52 AM.

#47 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:45 AM

I had 10-15 games last night (not sure of precise number), before that I had 8 points, this morning I have 8 points and I have screenshots of 7 qualifying matches from last night, that is a bit irritating.

no-where in the rules for the personal challenge does it say group matches do not count, but I am wondering if because last night I was playing in a group that is why.

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 19 May 2015 - 06:25 AM.

#48 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:53 AM

I did my 20 matches on the first day in a Locust 1V, because I enjoyed spending hours peering through a mechano set cockpit, firing a laser that does about half its stated damage, while 'top men' worked on poll-enabling kill counters instead of hitreg.

Edited by Appogee, 19 May 2015 - 01:54 AM.

#49 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:02 AM

View PostAppogee, on 19 May 2015 - 01:29 AM, said:

Conspiracy theory: Kill count wasn't on track to enable the poll which PGI needs to be able to resell the Phoenix Pack. So the kill count is taken offline for a day, despite having worked fine for the three days prior. Then PGI comes back and says "well, wasn't that odd, but good news, our top men tell us that you guys would have made that target, so the poll is open!" Poll opens. Vote is a 'yes'. PGI gets to resell old content for no additional work effort. Profit!

Ok, but conspiracy theories aside... was the kill count on track to beat the target by the end of the event? I assumed it would be a fairly achievable target, in order to ensure the poll could occur, for the same reasons as explained above.

Incidentally, I will be voting yes in the poll. So, no need for any shenanigans, hanging chads or United Nations election observers :-)
Yes it was.
It only had 5-10,000 kills to go of the 65k last night (Think the total was 56-58k?)

#50 Gianky

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:22 AM

View PostMikeBend, on 19 May 2015 - 01:22 AM, said:

I think it would have helped, if PGI had put a sign "Dont Panic" on the event page, printed in large friendly letters :D

Or if everyone had had his/her towel! ;)

Back on topic, I had 18 points when the system went down, and I'm sure I did at least 2 more (actually, they were more like 4), today I'm at 19... the question is: will the other points be recovered, or is it better to get back on the battlefield? (the latter is pretty difficult, in a work day...)

#51 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:28 AM

View PostOvion, on 19 May 2015 - 02:02 AM, said:

It only had 5-10,000 kills to go of the 65k last night (Think the total was 56-58k?)

Thanks. But I hope you agree it was quite a nice little conspiracy theory until it collided with the facts :D

#52 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:41 AM

View PostAppogee, on 19 May 2015 - 02:28 AM, said:

Thanks. But I hope you agree it was quite a nice little conspiracy theory until it collided with the facts :D
Isn't that all conspiracy theories?

#53 Preston Hall

Rookie

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:47 AM

Aff, my count shows only 1 point when I should have 6 or 7 from last night's gameplay. If this issue is not fixed, will there be an extension of the event for us late comers?

#54 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:52 AM

Its not recording my points now.

I am at 14.
With last night and now, I should be at 18-19. :/

#55 Kettech

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:58 AM

Had 4-7 games in that time.... and none scoreed? Guess some games got lost...

#56 StraferX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:10 AM

I'm pretty sure I won this event.

#57 eFTy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 296 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:18 AM

I got lucky. Had 7 from Sunday night, and logged on Monday night to play right when the stat tracker failed. I proceeded to play for 3 hours, and only failed to get a good match score in one game. Then I close the game and see the dead tracker, and now I'm still at 7... :(

If I'd have known, I'd have used the hours for some shut-eye...

#58 ThunderHorse

• PipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 83 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, Nevada

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:42 AM

View PosteFTy, on 19 May 2015 - 03:18 AM, said:

I got lucky. Had 7 from Sunday night, and logged on Monday night to play right when the stat tracker failed. I proceeded to play for 3 hours, and only failed to get a good match score in one game. Then I close the game and see the dead tracker, and now I'm still at 7... :(

If I'd have known, I'd have used the hours for some shut-eye...

Exactly. I lost 6 as well. Now I woke up early to grind out the last 10 (because I lost 6) and I'm getting disconnects from the game...

PGI needs to extend this event so we can actually finish it.

#59 ansaniDATA

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:45 AM

No Their working,, They Display just like the StormCrows Hit Boxes :blink:

#60 dr lao

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWashington state