#1 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWarShip Sleipnir, Spinward-Coreward Quadrant

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:19 PM

So with all of us up in arms over the Timber Wolf and Stormcrow beating, I do not think many have noticed that the Inner Sphere are getting their CTF-0XP it does not appear to be a hero just a regular variant.

This for those that play Community Warfare still will be quite an interesting addition, as our Hellbringer's are supposedly OP due to it being a Heavy with ECM. Also from looking at it, it is getting some major boosts to it through quirks.

https://mwomercs.com...13395-19may2015

Cataphract CTF-0XP

• Gift Store price: $10
  • Release date for purchase with MC and C-Bills: July 17th
  • MC price (when available): 2,585 MC
  • C-Bill price (when available): 6,458,479 C-Bills
Loadout details
  • Tonnage: 70
  • Engine: 280 Standard
    • Top Speed: 64.8 kph
    • Max Engine Rating: 340
  • Torso Movement:
    • 90 degrees to each side.
    • 20 degrees up and down.
  • Arm Movement:
    • 20 degrees to each side.
    • 30 degrees up and down.
  • Armor: 384 (Standard)
  • Internal Structure: Standard
  • Weapons & Equipment:
    • Head: Heat Sink
    • Left Arm: Medium Laser
    • Left Torso: Guardian ECM, Beagle Active Probe
    • Center Torso: Engine
    • Right Torso: AC/5, AC/5 Ammo x3
    • Right Arm: PPC, Medium Laser
  • Hardpoints:
    • Left Arm: 2 Energy
    • Left Torso: 1 ECM, 1 AMS
    • Right Torso: 1 Ballistic
    • Right Arm: 2 Energy
  • Heat Sinks: 16 Single
  • Jump Jets: 0 (0 Max)
  • ECM Capable?: Yes
  • Module Slots:
    • Mech: 1
    • Consumable: 2
    • Weapon: 2
  • Movement Archetype: Medium
  • Quirks:
    • Acceleration Rate (All Speeds) +12%
    • Deceleration Rate (All Speeds) +12%
    • Turn Rate (All Speeds) +12%
    • Additional Armor (CT) +13
    • Additional Armor (LT/RT) +9
    • Additional Armor (LA/RA) +7
    • Additional Armor (LL/RL) +9
    • Additional Structure (CT) +7
    • Additional Structure (LT/RT) +5
    • Additional Structure (LA/RA) +3
    • Additional Structure (LL/RL) +5
    • Torso Turn Rate (Yaw) +12%
    • Ballistic Range: +5%
    • Ballistic Velocity: +5%
    • Energy Range: +5%
    • Laser Duration: -5%

#2 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:05 AM

I should also note that this thing is infamous for it's high mount ballistic hard point that'll practically take any advantage the hellbringer has away.

Posted Image

#3 Gigastrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 704 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:02 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 19 May 2015 - 01:05 AM, said:

I should also note that this thing is infamous for it's high mount ballistic hard point that'll practically take any advantage the hellbringer has away.

Is its ballistic hardpoint really that high in game?

#4 Tiamat of the Sea

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:02 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 19 May 2015 - 01:05 AM, said:

Posted Image

You see this? You see the high shoulder cannon?

Yeah, it doesn't get to have that.

Whoops.

Same low ballistic hardpoint as every other Cataphract.

Thing's likely to have the same weapons placement issues as the 4X, though it thankfully doesn't have a tiny maximum engine.

Edited by Quickdraw Crobat, 19 May 2015 - 03:03 PM.

#5 Riyott

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts
  • LocationOn a boat (Literally)

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:03 PM

View PostRedEagle86, on 19 May 2015 - 02:58 PM, said:

I think this 'Mech should be pretty heavily nerfed out of the gate, simply because the ECM-type device weighed 7 tons, and so with MWO's ECM weighing only 1.5 tons, you can get builds like this no problem.

If this mech deserves to be nerfed then every clan mech deserves a nerf, as well. They're getting a crappy heavy with ECM versus our Hellbringer. My opinion may be unpopular, but I believe IS and Clan should have some kind of balance. What you're suggesting just yells out self-entitled clanner.

#6 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:10 PM

View PostGigastrike, on 19 May 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

No. The picture in the Gift Store shows it to be in the same location as the AC10s on other Cataphracts -AND it loses the high shoulder energy hardpoints the others have.

Edited by Triordinant, 19 May 2015 - 03:11 PM.

#7 Lawrence Elsa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 202 posts
  • LocationPacific Standard Timezone

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:28 PM

View PostRiyott, on 19 May 2015 - 03:03 PM, said:

If this mech deserves to be nerfed then every clan mech deserves a nerf, as well. They're getting a crappy heavy with ECM versus our Hellbringer. My opinion may be unpopular, but I believe IS and Clan should have some kind of balance. What you're suggesting just yells out self-entitled clanner.

I agree that the Cataphract shouldn't be nerfed, but they did nerf all the clan mechs... a lot... and are still nerfing them.
See the Timberwolf and Stormcrow, then the Hellbringer and Iceferret soon after.

#8 Riyott

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts
  • LocationOn a boat (Literally)

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:35 PM

I think this 'Mech should be pretty heavily nerfed out of the gate, simply because the ECM-type device weighed 7 tons, and so with MWO's ECM weighing only 1.5 tons, you can get builds like this no problem.

I'm looking at this build and it's not even good. What are you so concerned about? In case you forgot, IS mechs need ER LL's to be effective at all in CW, and in the pug queues it's still a mediocre build.

#9 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:44 PM

"PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MECH BEHIND THE ECM CURTAIN!"

#10 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:38 PM

That is a horrible build...but that is a discussion for another date.

My concern is the simple fact this thing comes out of the gate with a lot of quirks that are over 3% so much for fast, small changes to the quirks on `Mechs. It gains massive help to its structure while still having the ability to pack on a lot of weapons and gain quirks for both weapon types it can run.

#11 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 19 May 2015 - 07:51 PM

Wasn't in game at time that was posted.
Timberwolf A has the high E hardpoints that it had lore wise instead of stuffing them low on the torso. hence why I expected this to have a high mount+

^

View PostQuickdraw Crobat, on 19 May 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

You see this? You see the high shoulder cannon?

Yeah, it doesn't get to have that.

Whoops.

Same low ballistic hardpoint as every other Cataphract.

Thing's likely to have the same weapons placement issues as the 4X, though it thankfully doesn't have a tiny maximum engine.

#12 Wolf Clearwater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 571 posts
  • LocationOn your 6...

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:17 PM

There are more Clan mechs with ECM than IS mechs. The Clans also have the ridiculously overpowered Timber Wolf and Stormcrow. The nerfs barely affect either of those unless you can't live without boating 6+ lasers. The whining about the nerfs to the TW and SCR, as well as the complaining about the Cataphract are at best, utterly laughable. Overall, the Clan mechs are still better than those the IS has. My merc unit fights on both the Clan and IS sides for CW, wherever the fighting is best. The Hellbringer is far superior to the Catphract 0x.

Edited by Wolf Clearwater, 19 May 2015 - 08:17 PM.

#13 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:27 PM

View PostWolf Clearwater, on 19 May 2015 - 08:17 PM, said:

There are more Clan mechs with ECM than IS mechs. The Clans also have the ridiculously overpowered Timber Wolf and Stormcrow. The nerfs barely affect either of those unless you can't live without boating 6+ lasers. The whining about the nerfs to the TW and SCR, as well as the complaining about the Cataphract are at best, utterly laughable. Overall, the Clan mechs are still better than those the IS has. My merc unit fights on both the Clan and IS sides for CW, wherever the fighting is best. The Hellbringer is far superior to the Catphract 0x.

IS ECM:
Lights: 5
Medium: 2
Heavy: 1
Assault: 1
Total: 9

Clan ECM:
Lights: 2
Medium: 0

Assault: 0
Total: 3

So do tell me how the Clans have more ECM `Mechs then the Inner Sphere? You seem to forget that the beam duration hit that the Clans had already taken. We tried 2 second Clan ER Large Lasers before and it made them unplayable, this round of quirks put it just shy of 2 seconds again. Do I boat C-ERLL? Not really I have used 3x ERLL/1x Gauss combo since closed beta on my Founders Atlas.

Total Friendly Fire done by IS Mechs: 4,065,350
Total Friendly Fire done by Clan Mechs: 4,280,595

The top statistic from the Battle of Tukyyid shows that the Clan players were already dealing 215, 245 more damage to their own team due to this (not much else could be attributed to this being that much higher). That is a massive 51.29% increase in friendly fire damage on the Clan side!

4280595 is what percent of 8345945
= 4280595 / 8345945
= 0.512895

Converting decimal to a percentage:
0.512895 * 100 = 51.29%

The Hellbringer is in the grand scheme of things a glass cannon, i should know it has been in my drop deck since it came out (because it is a Clan Hell's Horses `Mech, it having ECM is just a bonus). For how it is setup you lose a lot to gain DPS with it and I do not run the "meta" with it (2x ERPPC, 4x ERMLas w/ECM & BAP).

#14 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:36 PM

View PostWolf Clearwater, on 19 May 2015 - 08:17 PM, said:

There are more Clan mechs with ECM than IS mechs.

what a glorious representation of how far humanity has fallen. Thank you for proving that I.S. filth cannot count.

On a serious note I beg you, please do not pollute the gene pool by breeding.

Edited by CHH Badkarma, 19 May 2015 - 10:11 PM.

#15 clanwolf3050

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:00 AM

View PostDark DeLaurel, on 19 May 2015 - 09:27 PM, said:

IS ECM:
Lights: 5
Medium: 2
Assault: 1
Total: 9

Clan ECM:
Lights: 2
Medium: 0

Assault: 0
Total: 3

So do tell me how the Clans have more ECM `Mechs then the Inner Sphere? You seem to forget that the beam duration hit that the Clans had already taken. We tried 2 second Clan ER Large Lasers before and it made them unplayable, this round of quirks put it just shy of 2 seconds again. Do I boat C-ERLL? Not really I have used 3x ERLL/1x Gauss combo since closed beta on my Founders Atlas.

Total Friendly Fire done by IS Mechs: 4,065,350
Total Friendly Fire done by Clan Mechs: 4,280,595

The top statistic from the Battle of Tukyyid shows that the Clan players were already dealing 215, 245 more damage to their own team due to this (not much else could be attributed to this being that much higher). That is a massive 51.29% increase in friendly fire damage on the Clan side!

4280595 is what percent of 8345945
= 4280595 / 8345945
= 0.512895

Converting decimal to a percentage:
0.512895 * 100 = 51.29%

The Hellbringer is in the grand scheme of things a glass cannon, i should know it has been in my drop deck since it came out (because it is a Clan Hell's Horses `Mech, it having ECM is just a bonus). For how it is setup you lose a lot to gain DPS with it and I do not run the "meta" with it (2x ERPPC, 4x ERMLas w/ECM & BAP).

Yes, Clans have more ECM mechs. 1 Spider can have ECM, every Kit Fox, and Mist Lynx, and Hellbringer can carry ECM. Now that means Clans have 9 ECM lights and 3 ECM heavies Now with Wave 3 coming adding 4 more lights and 4 mediums. Plus IS's ECM heavy is a Cataphract! 4 energy hard points, in arms, 1 ballistic, in RT, 1 ECM, and 1 AMS, in the LT. Not the best. The only thing that makes it a glass cannon is the fact it has ECM so the enemy focuses it. I do well in my Hellbringers both in PUG and CW matches. The only time I could say it was a "glass cannon" is when I made an error.

The Forlorn Hope play both Clans and IS, and on the Clan side the massive amounts of ECM is a Clan strong point. As Friendly Fire goes that's player error and has nothing to do with balance.

Edited by clanwolf3050, 20 May 2015 - 05:07 AM.

#16 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:22 AM

I was going to say "I can't believe the level of pre-emptive Clan whining about a new IS Mech in this thread."

But actually, I can believe it. This "woe is me poor hard done by Clans" thing is getting to the level where I have to make a meme.

EDIT: see subsequent post below.

Standard disclaimer: I play Clan and IS Mechs. I have no bias to either. Pre-Nerfageddon, Clan had the overall superior chassis, even though IS had some good variants and one good chassis. After yesterday, I'll have to play them all for a few weeks before I come to new point of view about the new 'balance'.

Edited by Appogee, 20 May 2015 - 05:54 AM.

#17 Ezazel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:33 AM

Only in whiny clam players' nightmares. :D

#18 IIIuminaughty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,445 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:33 AM

Just give us the Annihilator already.

#19 Wolf Clearwater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 571 posts
  • LocationOn your 6...

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:34 AM

View PostCHH Badkarma, on 19 May 2015 - 09:36 PM, said:

what a glorious representation of how far humanity has fallen. Thank you for proving that I.S. filth cannot count.

On a serious note I beg you, please do not pollute the gene pool by breeding.

Please learn to count before you open your mouth. Clans have 12 ECM mechs with 8 more on the way. Apparently only counting to potato is possible with your Clan's genetic program quiaff? Thankfully, us Coyotes do not seem to suffer from this.

As for the breeding, perhaps a trial of annihilation is order for all of your Clan's members that may potentially carry the genes that resulted in your sibko. A warrior should be able to count past 1 without using their fingers and toes.

Edited by Wolf Clearwater, 20 May 2015 - 05:41 AM.

#20 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:44 AM

View PostRiyott, on 19 May 2015 - 03:35 PM, said:

I'm looking at this build and it's not even good. What are you so concerned about? In case you forgot, IS mechs need ER LL's to be effective at all in CW.

Lol. Nope

1 SRM mech
1 AC/20 mech
1 LL mech
1 MPL/AC20 mech.

No ERLL at all and the deck kills it on the battlefield.

I would try this out, extra armor to protect the AC/20, no XL for extra survivability. Like a beefed up gorrilla version of the YLW minus the torso twist and insane RoF :P.

For a bit of speed can risk dropping the BAP and hope your team are running with it...

Edited by White Bear 84, 20 May 2015 - 06:00 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users