• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,089 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNext door to nobody.

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:52 PM

View PostStrawbz, on 22 July 2012 - 10:27 AM, said:

There's another thread in the beta section about this, and yes invites have gone out and a number of people have gotten them

Posted Image

#162 RenegadeMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationUSA's Caustic Valley: Arizona

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:07 PM

From 22 July 2012 - 10:27 AM:

[REDACTED], and yes invites have gone out and a number of people have gotten to [beta testers]

This implies that more in the beta happened to get more invites than people not in the beta - Or non-beta players seem far less vocal about their invites.
I got an invite and already happen to be in the bay area on vacation, so I'm trying to extend my vacation in order to make it to the big event.

#163 Mech79

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 152 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:11 PM

I have talked to Russ about this today. This has nothing to do with NDA and you cant be banned for talking about it. I got mine and I am not in BETA. Wishing I was though cause come tournement time. They will have the edge on me.

#164 RenegadeMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:21 PM

View Postmech79, on 22 July 2012 - 09:11 PM, said:

...I got mine and I am not in BETA. Wishing I was though cause come tournement time. They will have the edge on me.

I hear you - I wish I could've gotten in some MW4 action before my vacation, but no such luck.
It would be entertaining if the Dev team coincidently implemented a server wipe or changed up a bunch of the gameplay dynamics right before the event. That would certainly level the playing field.

View PostHardMacK, on 03 July 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

San Jose,
Its only 630 miles one way from phoenix... wonder how much a SWA flight is :(

They had some web specials for ~$70 each way to/from the bay area (SFO, OAK, SJC) - That's why I'm there on vacation. There may still be some of those fares available from Oakland (~1 hour north), but San Jose may not be as cheap.

Also, here are some additional little tid-bits regarding the original Community Day announcement according to an NVIDIA mod:
  • About 250 people will be [or have been] invited
  • People that were invited cannot include a "+1" but there is [or was] no stopping the other person from entering as well
  • The announcement has been clarified to specify that the event will take place at Santa Clara in the SF Bay Area.

Edited by RenegadeMaster, 22 July 2012 - 09:25 PM.

#165 Dalumberjack

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:16 AM

Recieved my invite. I have been a lurker on here for a long time. Hope its a lot of fun and I get some real time with MWO. Would help me decide if I want to purchase a founders pack. I also hope we get some awesome prizes like a 680 or even a 690!

#166 DocBach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:16 AM

Are invites still going out?

#167 Wowbragger

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSanta Rosa

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

View PostDocBach, on 23 July 2012 - 10:16 AM, said:

Are invites still going out?

I don't think they've had an official word, but I imagine with just 4 days to go all the invites they were planning to sent have been.

I admire the dedication of people who'd want to travel a serious distance, but certainly helps to be in the area.

Looking forward to Friday myself, I'm just taking the day off and meeting some friends in the area earlier that day. Figured I'd make it an early commute and enjoy some time in the area.

#168 RenegadeMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:39 PM

I'm with Wowbragger on this. If they haven't sent all the invites, then that would mean they'd be waiting for Saturday night's late invites to "expire" after the 48 hour period referenced in NVIDIA's original announcement.

I got my vacation time here in the Bay Area extended thru Friday, so I RSVPd to the event, and booked a later flight back home. I'm thinking of hitting up Great America or Six Flags the day before.

It's on like Centurion!

Edited by RenegadeMaster, 25 July 2012 - 07:57 AM.

#169 Shammus

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

My only question is when is Piranha Games going to relocate to Austin, Texas. I mean come on California is hemorrhaging tech companies. Join the rest (Sony, THQ, EA/Bioware, Blizzard and many more here in tax friendly, business friendly state of Texas.

http://www.readwrite...ey-heres-au.php

#170 Mal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 995 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:56 PM

View PostShammus, on 23 July 2012 - 09:06 PM, said:

My only question is when is Piranha Games going to relocate to Austin, Texas. I mean come on California is hemorrhaging tech companies. Join the rest (Sony, THQ, EA/Bioware, Blizzard and many more here in tax friendly, business friendly state of Texas.

http://www.readwrite...ey-heres-au.php

You should probably know that PGI isn't located in California, Nvidia is.. PGI has to fly in to attend this event..

Piranha Games Inc
Vancouver, Canada

#171 Dalumberjack

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:56 PM

The day is almost here! I hope they give all attendees beta access. That would be awesome!

#172 Anvil Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationShionoha SF Bay Area

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

Just go my RSVP confirmation, I'll be there.

#173 bloodhawke83

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNorCal, CA

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:51 AM

I just got my invite.

What should I bring? BattleTech cards? :rolleyes:

Going to bring a small folding chair, I got my strained foot.

Edited by bloodhawke83, 25 July 2012 - 09:43 AM.

#174 Budler

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation. Moscow.

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:42 PM

damn... i'm from Russian ! But a wana be there =(

#175 Jedson3614

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:47 PM

If I could afford time and financials to of attended this, it would of been epic. I am very excited about his game and what it has to offer PC gamers.

Edited by Jedson3614, 24 August 2012 - 12:49 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users