Ask The Devs 9!

140 replies to this topic

#21 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:08 AM

Are you going to handle the destruction of the mech like in TT (simply fall down, or random explosion of all ammo inside), or the Stackpole way (random nuke)?

Thank you for answer. :)

#22 Nairdowell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 193 posts
  • LocationDeep in my hidden lab, atop a mountain, somewhere in the backwoods of Tennessee, USA

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:08 AM

1. Most water in the movies so far appear to be knee high (please correct me if wrong). Will there be any deep rivers, lakes and such? Will the water provide partial cover or even allow for underwater combat (like in TT)? Allow for underwater travel and surprise attacks?

2. Most rocks and such in the screenshots and intros (not reboot) all appear to be big enough to hide completely behind. Will there also be ridgelines and boulders that will also allow partial cover (protect lower half and allow firing above)?

3. Commanders can call in arty (assume off board) and Aerospace support. How many times per match and can the Aerospace be shot down or the arty counter-batteried by the other commander?

4. In DFA, if a mech is already above another (jumped up onto the rocks or buildings) and then does DFA, will the damage be greater (to both mechs)?

5. Is there any way to reset anyone (or everyone's) beta app to allow for those of us (and there appears to be a large number) that had crappy computers initially and have since upgraded to update our apps? (And while I will be patient and wait until August 7, thought I'd give it a try)

6. Any idea if a phased download window is planned for August 7, the open beta, and the Release, to allow people to download prior to the start date to keep the stress on the servers down?

Been interesting to see the progress being made over the months, looking forward to playing. Keep up the good work!

Edited by Nairdowell, 03 July 2012 - 10:09 AM.

#23 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:13 AM

The Frozen city map looks great but it is not a dedicated urban map since there is so much space between buildings.
The MW 5 video looks very much like a real city struck by war for example but that is MW 5 not MW:O.

Will there ever be urban maps that look realistic compared to how big cities are in real life?

#24 Coolant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:42 AM

Hi,

1) How many maps are expected for Founder's beta Aug 7th? Open Beta? Launch?

2) How many different game types for Founder's beta, Open, and Launch?

#25 WardenWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

1) Storms have been described on the new frozen city map in recent videos / posts - are there other weather options planned as well? Day vs night, rain (or snow) vs clear skies, etc? How much variation can we expect to see with a limited number of maps?

2) Has the command role been flushed out more? If so, can you give any details about how orders will be given to lancemates (since there is no planned in-game voice chat)? What is the overall command structure for a given side? Company commander -> lance commanders -> lancemates? What happens to the structure when a commander is taken out?

3) Has command-ordered artillery been implemented yet? If so, roughly how devastating is it (assuming a direct hit, which may be rare)?

#26 Grugore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

View PostHANGMAN1962, on 03 July 2012 - 10:00 AM, said:

1st is the "ten mechs on release" open beta or full game release.
personaly i'm hoping for more chioces on full release
as chioces in lite and heavy's is very limited.
a lancelot or flashmen is needed in heavy's.
husser or mongoose would be nice for lites
enforcer or blackjack in med's
kingcrab,highlander,zues,or cyclopes in assualt allso.

sincerlt the"hangman"

I really like to see the Phoenix Hawk.

#27 Feindfeuer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 234 posts
  • LocationNew Hessen

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:02 AM

1) Will there be colorblind support on release, meaning are there alternate colorblind-friendly color-shemes for the damage-overlay UI, or can those colors be customized anyway? If not, will this be implemented later on?

2) Are all autocannons firing 'semi automatic' for sake of easier balance or are there variants available that fire burts of shells like described in the fluff?

#28 WardenWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

View PostNemesiis, on 03 July 2012 - 09:49 AM, said:

Will there be Ninja Pirates wielding Gerbil Cannons? And if there are Gerbil Cannons what is the velocity of said gerbil when it is fired? :)

African or European?

#29 VK4502B

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:23 AM

Will there be a King Crab?

#30 Drakeblade

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 89 posts
  • LocationOver dur

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

Garth, fry sauce or ketchup!¡?
Also will their be day/night/dusk/dawn matchs and will this be a chosen option or random apon joining.

Edited by Drakeblade, 03 July 2012 - 11:30 AM.

#31 Cmdr Rad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 146 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:37 AM

Well, I suppose I'll use most of my questions from last time:

1.) Are you going to utilize the 7.1 Surround Sound support in CryEngine 3 (advertised here)? I have a Razer Tiamat True 7.1 Headset, hence I asked... And, well, Accurate surround sound will be important to situational awareness.

2.) Will players be able to trade with eachother any of the following?: 'Mechs, 'Mech Parts, C-Bills, Vanity Items, Boosters, Mechwarrior Cash? Anything else I forgot? And if so, which will be tradeable? I guess the shorter question is: Will there be some implementation of a player-run market and what will it look like, as far as you know?

3.) As per previously asked: Are bonuses given with the Elite/Legendary founders mechs, like the mech c-bill bonuses, or the fact that they don't take up garage space.... going to remain exclusive to the founders mechs? Or are you going to make these bonuses available in future mechs? Either freely, like Origin's Battlefield 3 Pre-Order Weapon Pack Bonus, or Monetized, like Shogun 2: Total War's Pre-Order Bonus? I'd also ask when, but, that's sort of like asking whats in your guys crystal ball, so.

4.) If we get the Unseen, will we also get a Singing Minmay Hula Girl?

Edited by Cmdr Rad, 03 July 2012 - 02:27 PM.

#32 Aldinvor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:28 PM

Could you explain how pulse lasers are/will be implemented in MW:O? Is there going to be a real difference from standard lasers or are they simply going to have a little more damage per tick then standards, and is there/will there be a visual difference between the two?

#33 Ubertron X

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:38 PM

Here some questions regarding ammunition.

1) Will there be different ammunition types for LB-X autocannons? Solid shots and cluster rounds? (not sure if already answered)

2) Can we switch ammo bins in battle? For example if I notice my right torso armor is running low, can I switch to ammo bins in this torso to "get rid" of this ammo first.

2.1) If the answer is no, can we assign ammo priorities before battle? Which slot to use first, then second etc.

3) Can we dump individual ammo bins in battle?

3.1) If the answer is no can we dump all ammo in battle?

Thanks!

#34 meeper

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:46 PM

Will smaller caliber autocannons have increased rates of fire (compared to the AC20 in the various videos) to account for the extreme ranges that they can fire at and the limited damage they do per round?

#35 William Petersen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:47 PM

I have a nice little list of questions, in no order of importance:
  • Will Mech MBays be purchasable with MC and C-Bills, or just MC?
  • Is there a maximum which can be purchased for either purchase method?
  • About how much real cash do you anticipate them costing? Or if C-Bills can buy them, about how much un-boosted time to you anticipate the C-Bill cost to represent?
  • Are there any plans to have multiple ammo types at launch?
  • Is there a way to switch which ton of ammo is being used by a specific weapon?
  • Is there a way to eject ammo as to not risk explosion of that ton in a damaged location?
  • If a location containing ammo is destroyed before the ammo itself is critted, can additional shots into that location cause the ammo to explode?
  • Does losing a side torso remove the attached arm?
  • Do (IS) XL engines cause the Mech to be 'destroyed' when they lose one of their side torsos?
  • Is chain-fire (by group) in the game?
  • When you pull the trigger on a Laser, does it burn for the full duration, or do you have to keep the trigger depressed to get the full duration?
I think that's enough, those are most of the big ones which currently assail my curiosity.

EDIT: I forgot a very important question! Will there be an Open Beta before the head-start for Founders on Aug. 7th? If so (which I doubt) will the Founders program be ended before the hypothetical Open Beta begins?

Edited by William Petersen, 03 July 2012 - 01:28 PM.

#36 Demoned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 670 posts
  • Locationi Died went to heaven, then died again now I'm in Equestria

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:58 PM

what will be the minim number of members for a clan be, to be able to partake in clan style battles when they are implemented?

Edited by Demoned, 03 July 2012 - 01:05 PM.

#37 Stray Ion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

Would the addition of "Ultimate Mech Lab" be too much of a pain to implement at this point of the game?

Would the beer be Canadian beer at the Nvidia Tournament?

My meaning of "Ultimate Mech Lab" is the ability to remove parts from one mech and replace them on another (one would have to own both/multiple mechs). An example being removing a Hunchbacks "arms" and replacing them with a Catapults "missile pods". One would have to own both mechs and each part would have its own weight. A mechs frame would also limit what could be switched out due to weight it can support (no Atlas arms on a Commando). Obviously the armor values would not change on the switched parts, and you may have to drop weight somewhere else to get it within the max weight limit in accordance with prophecy.

#38 AkuPyro

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 112 posts
  • LocationGeosynchronous Orbit

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

Couple questions: Can my 'mech have a hat? Just kidding on that one. Second question: Would it be possible to do a beta key auction (I know Aug 7th is getting closer, but still...) for charity or something of the sort. I know it would be great to bring the cash in house, but maybe something good can come from a beta key auction.

#39 Nemesiis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 138 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWA

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on 03 July 2012 - 11:03 AM, said:

African or European?

Both !!!!

#40 MechRaccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 312 posts
  • LocationIn a dumpster. A walking, nuclear powered, space dumpster with lasers on it.

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:40 PM

WHERE ARE THE ORION AND WOLFHOUND!?

Also, will you let us sell mechs we bought, but don't want anymore? (I know that's a stupid question, but whatever.)

Please answer.

Edited by MechRaccoon, 03 July 2012 - 01:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users