140 replies to this topic

#41 EvangelionUnit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 776 posts
  • LocationWarframe

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:43 PM

1.would it be possible to load diffrent kinds of ammo for weapons ?
like cluster and solid rounds for LBX autocannons ? Inferno missiles for SRM Launcher?
or ammos with and without tracers for AC'2 ? i know that might be not canon

2. would it be possible to switch ammo types durning combat? if i load my mech up with more than one ammo type?

3. would it be possible to drop ammo in battles ? (befor someone crits my ammo in the torso?)

#42 SquareSphere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationIn your clouds, stealing your thunder

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:45 PM

Will we have the ability to "test drive" a mech before a purchase?

#43 matux

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 584 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:46 PM

Will there ever be community created content like the new Neverwinter MMO, eg map editor, new mech skins,

#44 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:12 PM

Please tell us what you are planning to do with Clan Tech in MWO. Is it going to be strictly limited for NPC use on PvE content/Co Op or are you going to try to balance it into player use PvP as well? This 1 question has been posted numerous times in your forum and people are begging for some kind of answer, even if that answer is, "We have no idea yet. Ask after release."

#45 Teirdome

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:15 PM

The MechLab previews made it look like players can only own four mechs ready for battle, kinda like a Call of Duty loadout. Will it only be four at release? Beyond that, how many mechs can a player own?

#46 D3athScyth3

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

Is there any plans to make a web based/mobile version of the Mechlab. I know you guys are busy and doing a great job. But it would be awesome to be able to grab my Ipad, log into my account (via web or iOS app) and play with my mechs in the mechlab, then have that save for the next time i log in to play,

#47 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:24 PM

From Bryan Ekman:

Faction units are being handled slightly different. When a player aligns themselves with one of the major factions, say House Kurita, they will have the opportunity to join famous house units as the rank up by earning loyalty points. Some house units will require additional feats of excellence and challenges to achieve before membership is granted. Since these units are not run by the players, and we can reserve/restrict access to very active/famous units for sake of preserving the BattleTech timeline.

Does that mean that there will be tiers of units? If so, how many tiers can be expected? :)

How would/could any prospective Faction Player have an idea of what units will be available for joining at first log-in, and which will "require additional feats of excellence" to attain membership? What criteria are being or will be used to determine which (if any) feats/challenges are suitable/acceptable for which units?

As an example:
For a Davion/FedSuns-oriented Faction Player, would any of (as examples) the College of Martial Sciences Cadet Cadre, Robinson Rangers, or Davion Brigade of Guards units be immediately available for player selection at first log-in? Or would/should it be expected to have to start in one of the March Militia units and work one's way up to a more prestigious (that is, non-militia) unit?

#48 WardenWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:31 PM

Q) What upgrades to core equipment in mechs are going to be available at launch? Engine sizes have been mentioned in passing, but can we convert from a normal fusion engine to a XL model? What about standard to EndoSteel chassis, or single to double heatsinks?

#49 Chip Geek

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

Will there be an off-line simulation mode?

I'd like to see (above) so that I can test out weapon loadouts, etc. before going into battle. It would be a bonus if there were some items to shoot at as well. Ideally these would be AI mechs for practicing aiming the weapons. As such, I'd be happy even if they were very dumb and just moved in a circle or some other pattern - but fairly good battle AI would obviously be best.

This could also have the benefit that we could all download the game now at start getting familiar with it before we get a beta key for the servers.

#50 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:34 PM

Hello PGI.

Forgive me for repeating my question in Ask the Devs 8, but I am still curious as to what your plans are in preventing poor gamesmanship, ie. griefing other players, logging in quickly and alpha striking the rear of a fellow lancemate, means of reporting these incidents, etc.

I for one want a very clean, friendly game where everyone is on the same footing and can enjoy this great game you guys are pumping out for the world to play. Any info on some or all of those issues I mentioned may put some people's minds at ease.

Thanks
Caine

#51 Head Crusher

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:43 PM

If the early release is in August, how many more mechs do you expect to release before then?

#52 Connor Pratima

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 51 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

Will we be able to write scripts to engage in the creative gameplay talked about in the trailers, not including features that would be considered exploits or cheating?

#53 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

As you stated in the Frozen City revealing video there will be ice that affects movement.
Will there be other types of terrain? And i'm not talking about deep water slowing down mechs here.

I mean terrain types such as swamps and/or sand that slow you down more if your in heavy or assault mech.

Edited by Spleenslitta, 03 July 2012 - 05:03 PM.

#54 Gogopher

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:11 PM

hi first post :P

i was wondering if there is any input on how the clan invasion will be handled and to what effect players will have on halting it...further since the game seems to be following the timeline will players be able to change/modify historic events that occur after 3049...will we be able to play as the clans at some later date to bring a much needed change to inner sphere government

finally how is the merger of the fed suns and lyran commonwealth going to be handled...it seems as if we will be able to choose an affiliation and gain benefits from that choice...will choosing either nation give corresponding benefits for being both a member of house steiner and the fed-commonwealth?

#55 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:41 PM

Question: Will somebody looking at their command screen, where they can call down airstrikes, and the uav, and others, will they be blind to whats happining outside their mech?

View PostSkyraxx, on 03 July 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

Where do babies come from?

They are born in the tanks just like us quaff?

#56 RoyalWave

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

What type of matchmaking options and services can we expect from CBT2 through open beta? Will I be able to play as a company with my Merc Corp or will I be limited? Will there be a rating system hidden or not to create more balanced games?

Edited by RoyalWave, 03 July 2012 - 07:54 PM.

#57 Egomine

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationGilbert, Arizona

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:04 PM

1. Are there any plans to develop Solaris 7 style maps? Meaning with moving line of sight blocking walls, permanent obstacles, environments that can hurt you, smaller 1v1 or 4v4 sizes etc.

2. What will joining a house actually do? Will the houses follow the RPG game elements like having easier access to certain mech types or equipment? Will joining a house mean that I might have certain mech types blocked from purchase?

3. Flamers were always interesting in the fluff, but in the pen and paper game they often fell flat as most mechs were modified to be heat efficient. While it looks like we might have seen flamers in the videos, it is not clear if they will be impactful to strategy or not. Is the additional heat to the target noticeable or did you go with the damage only approach? Can forests be set on fire?

4. Will there be physical combat or will the axe on the Hatchetman just be for show?

5. Will there be in game voice chat?

Edited by Egomine, 03 July 2012 - 08:06 PM.

#58 Bobfrombobtown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 344 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

From the MechLab video it appears that the BattleTech Construction rules are being followed more correctly than say MW4. My questions here are:
1 ) Will we be allowed to switch out standard armor for Ferro-Fibrous armor or swap the standard chassis for an Endo-Steel chassis?
2 ) Will we be able to place where the critical slots taken up by these bulkier armors or will they have automatic distribution of some kind?
3 ) Will we be able to swap out standard engines for XL engines?
4 ) Will we be able to add or remove heatsinks and can we place them as well?
5 ) Will standing in water affect heatsinks in submerged locations and allow them to operate at double efficiency?

Or will these things be Variant specific?

Edited by Bobfrombobtown, 03 July 2012 - 08:14 PM.

#59 Astaroth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:17 PM

• Lone wolves gain loyalty points just like everyone else does. However, the LP possessed by a lone wolf have absolutely no benefit for them or impact on the game. What, then, is the purpose of giving loyalty points to lone wolf players?
  • Merc corps get paid C-Bills for successfully capturing or defending border worlds. What can the corps do with these C-Bills? Are they distributed to the members of that corp?

#60 ORIGINAL SteelWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 460 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe land of ID.

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:01 PM

View PostDer Zivilist, on 03 July 2012 - 08:56 AM, said:

At least one of your main competitor games offers a built-in match replay recorder. It's an immensely useful tool for community interaction, as well as allowing people to preserve their most glorious moments.

I realize that this isn't a priority launch feature (by all means, make sure there's a game first before trying to record it! :)), but I'm wondering: is it on the roadmap somewhere?

I've asked this very question 2-3 times already on this forum.

Is there a replay option or a "Battlerom" like feature. TO record the battle and then play it back? If not there is always fraps.
I'd like to see something like and over head map that tracks all the mechs and then you can select one thats moving around and you get a video of his view.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users