Is There A Reason To Operate Case In The Gauss Torso?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts
  • LocationOutlaw On The Run, Faster than a Stolen Gun

Posted 19 May 2015 - 06:29 PM

I was just wondering, since it seems to be working as intended now, if you should run CASE wherever you throw your Gauss Rifle now?

I remember seeing somewhere a couple patch notes ago that CASE now compartmentalizes the gauss rifle explosion to one torso, thereby preventing it from spreading.

#2 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:29 PM

If I lose my Gauss, I have lost my reason to live. I'd rather bring another ton of ammo.

~Leone, Raid Leader of the Crimson Hand.

#3 Mad Ox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 358 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:26 AM

Up to you do you have the tonnage and slots to spare couldn't hurt.

Personally gauss always seems to blow on me, I look at what I would theoretically have left after that torso goes boom is it worth me still running around or not usually not really.

#4 Banditman

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:33 AM

View PostMad Ox, on 20 May 2015 - 06:26 AM, said:

I look at what I would theoretically have left after that torso goes boom is it worth me still running around or not usually not really.

Here's the key right here. Remember, CASE only stops the explosion from spreading, it doesn't prevent the explosion from damaging the torso section it's in. If your Gauss goes, most likely, you're losing that torso section, and by extension, the attached arm. Other than preventing a little damage from spreading to your CT, what have you really gained? You lost half your mech anyway . . . are there enough weapons left that you still present a credible threat? Does CASE really do anything to help with that?

The answers must be yours, based on the configuration you're using, but in my experience, CASE rarely has any benefit at all.

#5 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts
  • LocationOutlaw On The Run, Faster than a Stolen Gun

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:21 AM

It's just I was considering throwing a CASE in with my ATLAS-RS Setup for long-range support, and the LL's in the other half of the mech should still present a threat to my opponents should I lose one torso.

#6 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:39 AM

CASE only weighs 0.5 t though (not 1 t as suggested above). It seems to me that if you have just about anything to pew-pew with, on that surviving side, it's worth 0.5 t to stay in the game for a while longer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users