So, Does Anyone Care About Cw Anymore?

32 replies to this topic

#1 Mecha-Gamera

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:43 PM

If anyone does, I'm usually online 6-8 PST.

#2 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWarShip Sleipnir, Spinward-Coreward Quadrant

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:45 PM

I know with the May 19 patch my unit has effectively stopped playing MWO. If you do see us on we are usually in World of Tanks or another game, but feel free to stop by and say hi! :)

#3 SkyPatch

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 20 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 May 2015 - 10:27 PM

Hi,
The "19th Striker", a Smoke Jaguar loyalist unit, still carries on.
We will adjust and survive, keeping the lights on, for your return ;-)

We have 2 fix CW days a week, but evening CET-timezone.
Rest of week, you will find us randemly in different game modes.

Hope the reinforcements will arrive soon, as we really do need them.

#4 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:07 AM

I'm no smokey J any more (old unit stopped playing) but if yall wanna hook up on skype and send me a shout out if you need a moderatly good pilot at your side then I may be done, I just have odd arse hours.

#5 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:04 AM

I'd very much enjoy a reason to play MWO and even CW for that matter...

But my sentiments seem to lay with my fellow Trothkin....May 19th patch was my last day for a bit.

PGI needs to give me a REASON to play and a REASON to care about CW. Nerfing our only viable mechs was yet another hit on an already dying game mode and player base.

The biggest issue, i dont feel like rebuilding all of those mechs yet again, to fix the ever changing meta. I just want to run what i want to run or wtf is the point of the mechlab?

They need to figure out what they want this game TO BE first before they start swinging the nerf bat again. They have no direction it seems and that makes me worry...

In the mean time i have been playing a lot of PoE and TERA (re released on STEAM) and will be playing stompy robots a bit less until Wave 3 at least.

Edited by DarthRevis, 20 May 2015 - 10:06 AM.

#6 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:06 AM

I care. I'm just starting to get into actually it, having avoided it previously on the basis of too few maps too similar in nature.

#7 Mosadoff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 103 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:10 AM

I dont care about planets, factions, wins, losses and other meaningless CW stuff. I just grind for mechbays in pugs.

Also, I noticed that 12-man premades have disappeared form CW, now getting constant PUG vs PUG games, some of them are quite fun.

#8 Tastian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 768 posts
  • LocationLayton, UT USA

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:11 AM

I don't care; but I will occasionally get guilted into going by my unit.

#9 Tom Sawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:11 AM

Enjoying the Witcher 3 intensely at hte moment

I have not played a CW game since Monday.

And from all the flak about the patch and how low the numbers who knows......

#10 ArchAngelWC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 230 posts
  • Locationaboard the Smoke Jaguar Warship, "Sabre Hawk" in orbit above the PGI office

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:07 AM

I came back for Clans and CW...

Clans are getting hit with a giant nerf bat to make IS players feel better (not just Timber/Storm, all the Clan tech)
and CW is pathetic....that being said...

I'm a Jaguar and I will set foot on Terra again even if it is in this blasphemous shortsighted P2P/P2W/P2GFkd game

#11 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:12 AM

Nope, way too laggy, regular game play is fine though...

#12 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:18 AM

Just Assault on a larger scale.

#13 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:29 AM

Nope don’t play because there’s no point and I can’t stand sitting in queue for 15 minutes. Units aren’t really my thing either.

Would be great if they changed up the planets and turned them into “drop-in” servers that sport much bigger maps (like multiple game modes in one map), holding up to 32 or 64 players total... taking over territory and control points like Planetside 2…
If there’s a planet that has 28/32 players, you just double click on it to see an over view of the map of the planet and select where you want to drop, and off you go.
And you play until you want to stop playing. There's no time limit. You're rewarded real time for your efforts, and also rewarded for your overall involvement once the planet enters a ceasefire (the end of the planets life cycle. which is dictated by population rising and falling. Transfer of the planet to a new faction can be decided based on how long it lasted in the hands of the faction, so that the point of crowding into the server all at once is defeated.)

My opinion has always been that CW should have been a direct replacement to the solo queue grind and effectively phase it out in favor for deeper gameplay and more satisfying involvement in the universe.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 18 June 2015 - 10:57 AM.

#14 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 18 June 2015 - 12:38 PM

How are match times for CSJ?

#15 Mordale

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,008 posts
  • Locationon some backwater rock of a planet

Posted 18 June 2015 - 01:18 PM

Most of the Time we (PL) don't wait that long,...but we do have a full 12man team dropping and maybe a few 4 to 8 man teams dropping too.

#16 Imigo Montoya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 297 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 11:39 PM

The Outlaws are new to the Clans and we play every evening from 7 pm - 2 am CEST

The nerf was bad and PGI should find another way to deal with the different Factions but we like to play MWO and we like CW

Most of the time we had a 6 - 10 man running and we don't wait long sometimes 5-10 mins, enough for a cigarettebreak.

we are recruting

Edited by Imigo Montoya, 18 June 2015 - 11:40 PM.

#17 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 19 June 2015 - 03:33 AM

Things are slowing down a bit. In the meantime, I recommend taking contracts in Jade, Wolf, Steiner, FRR corner if you feel unhappy with wait times or straight up have no hope to regularly get fights. I am sure PGI will do something eventually but in the meantime the best thing the community can do to alleviate its pool size issue is to consolidate.

Suppose that Wolf is getting good fights with Steiner but you are in Ghost Bear. Steiner isnt attacking, they are mostly only defending. From Ghost Bear you can only defend Wolf, but Steiner isn't attacking Wolf. You are partially isolated from the action in certain factions.

Edited by Kin3ticX, 19 June 2015 - 03:35 AM.

#18 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 21 June 2015 - 11:01 AM

View PostKin3ticX, on 19 June 2015 - 03:33 AM, said:

Things are slowing down a bit. In the meantime, I recommend taking contracts in Jade, Wolf, Steiner, FRR corner if you feel unhappy with wait times or straight up have no hope to regularly get fights. I am sure PGI will do something eventually but in the meantime the best thing the community can do to alleviate its pool size issue is to consolidate.

Suppose that Wolf is getting good fights with Steiner but you are in Ghost Bear. Steiner isnt attacking, they are mostly only defending. From Ghost Bear you can only defend Wolf, but Steiner isn't attacking Wolf. You are partially isolated from the action in certain factions.

Agreed with Kin3tix, NS left Kurita for the simple fact we had zero CW activity to partake in. CJF was a busy place, CGB not nearly as much. FRR has been great we even get to fight CSJ again. I prefer the CW mode over the others (unless it is a player led tourney) but PGI needs to work on the deepness of the game play.

#19 Osis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 166 posts
  • LocationBitterVet

Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:40 AM

Hail,

No, have not played in weeks (since 19 May patch). No premium time, canceled Wave III. Been flying Rise of Flight, Cliffs of Dover and DCS with a bit of Warthunder Ground Forces tossed in.

Seyla,

#20 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:33 PM

View PostOsis, on 02 July 2015 - 09:40 AM, said:

Hail,

No, have not played in weeks (since 19 May patch). No premium time, canceled Wave III. Been flying Rise of Flight, Cliffs of Dover and DCS with a bit of Warthunder Ground Forces tossed in.

Seyla,

I'm right behind ya Osis....going on about a week myself.

This game is dead to me in its current form. The issue with CW are a mountain compared to the good which is hardly a mole hill.

Mercs run the show, loyalist get **** on. When PGI finds out what they want this game to be and then let us know i will make a decision on weather or not i want to come back.

View PostCrockdaddy, on 21 June 2015 - 11:01 AM, said:

Agreed with Kin3tix, NS left Kurita for the simple fact we had zero CW activity to partake in. CJF was a busy place, CGB not nearly as much. FRR has been great we even get to fight CSJ again. I prefer the CW mode over the others (unless it is a player led tourney) but PGI needs to work on the deepness of the game play.

Those words....PGI and Deepness....im not sure they go together.

Maybe as good as dogs and cats, the only deepness they know is in their own pockets.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users