#1 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:20 PM

Hi everyone!

Does anybody has try the new Battlemaster?

I have almost all the BLR variants, and i would like to know if this one is deserve a try ;)

This is the exemple of a build i would like to test :

[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ce59bc742a9d05c[/smurfy]

See you on battlefield, mechwarriors!

Edited by Aleski, 19 May 2015 - 11:24 PM.

#2 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:43 AM

Looks very similar to the 3 M.

#3 Nine-Ball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 605 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:08 PM

View PostSonny Black, on 20 May 2015 - 10:43 AM, said:

Looks very similar to the 3 M.

Gets my seal of approval then ;)

Edited by Cryll Ankiseth, 20 May 2015 - 01:08 PM.

#4 theta123

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:08 AM

Heres what i got

BLR-2C

#5 Tiamat of the Sea

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:04 PM

My plan, though it will take some time to get around to, is as follows: MWO:Mechlab - BLR-2C Loveless

#6 The Lost Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 585 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:32 AM

This mech was made for the XL400. The movement quirks and the armor make it more responsive and survivable. With quirks its got more armor than ANYTHING out there except 2 variants of the highlander. The Highlander can only take a 325 tho so its slowwww. This is 84 kph of 617 points of armored goodness. My loadout is XL400, 1 ams +1 ton of ammo, 1 large pulse in arm, 5 med pulse, 6 extra dhs, endo, full armor. Use the speed, twist well, and you will be in it to win it. On a cold map you can chain fire the med pulse and barely gen any heat, then pepper in some large pulse and carve away.

#7 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:48 AM

Bought it day one when it came out for c-bills, I'm a fun of this Bmaster.

Quirks are made for putting an XL on it.

Mine has 4LPL and 380xl, and a lot of fun!

#8 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:57 AM

The latest entry into my "Show" series of Battlemasters (joining Lightshow, Lightshow II, and Showgirl) is Showmanship. (And, yes, they each have their own engines. My BLR-1GHE and BLR-1D both have 375XLs, and my BLR-1S has a 340XL.)

Edited by Escef, 06 August 2015 - 05:57 AM.

#9 VirtualSmitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 528 posts
  • LocationHilton Head, Holy Terra

Posted 09 August 2015 - 05:48 AM

Great mech. Tanky as can be. I dumped all the CC, tried a few matches with it but didn't notice it doing much, and run a sort of super stock version. left the engine alone, upgraded the heatsinks and structure to endo, added four pulse lasers, a second srm6, and an erppc.

#10 The Lost Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 585 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 07:36 PM

Ive since edited my loadout to this. XL400, Endo, Dhs, 5 med pulse lasers on torsos, large pulse on arm, 2 ams, 5 extra dhs(2 ra, 1lt, 1rt, 1la) 1.5 tons of ams ammo split into 3 1/2 ton slots(la, ll, rl), radar dep, seismic, med pulse cooldown 5, med pulse range 5, and the two non-mc cool shots. Soooo much wub. Soooo little time.

#11 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 15 August 2015 - 09:08 PM

I've run this one with just about everything you can fit on it with the stock engine, but settled on one of my oldest, most favorite loadouts- 2x ERLL, 2x LPL, AMS, STD 340.

Just because it can run an XL comfortably doesn't mean I want to, I like taking advantage of the defensive quirks to make it a tank. Also, 2x AMS is nice, but really only useful some of the time, and less when I use it in group than solo, so I don't bother with it.

It's probably just a me thing, but I really, really enjoy the combination of ERLL and LPL, and find I have some of my highest damage matches, period, with that build, on several mechs, but especially this particular Bmaster.

#12 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 August 2015 - 02:05 AM

View PostKodyn, on 15 August 2015 - 09:08 PM, said:

It's probably just a me thing, but I really, really enjoy the combination of ERLL and LPL, and find I have some of my highest damage matches, period, with that build, on several mechs, but especially this particular Bmaster.

I've tried it on the 733P Highlander and only gotten mediocre results. That it works for you, though, is what counts.

#13 Aggravated Assault Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 825 posts
  • Locationlocation location

Posted 27 August 2015 - 08:13 PM

3x LPL
2x MPL
400XL

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e1225df144094e2

This mech is just bad news. Such a combination of speed and agility, armor, and pinpoint firepower.

It's not my highest avg. DPG mech, but you can get away with playing it so aggressively that it makes me feel dirty.

Edited by vnlk65n, 27 August 2015 - 08:15 PM.

#14 KarrdeBRBU

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 11:06 AM

4x LPL
380XL

Oh man, finally built this one out. It's got it's ups and downs Vs the 1S since you generally have to get in closer (no 25% energy range + 10% LPL range mod). But man is it fun to play. I've been stuffing lights a lot since they think they can out manuver me 100% of the time. With the quirks I'm getting amazing manuverability and able to keep them in line. Still folds under heavier fire and the XL engine does make it a bit sketchy at times. But seriously, an assault that's able to do dang near 80 KPH and manuver well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users