2 Important Requests For Pgi

33 replies to this topic

#1 Knyx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 266 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:54 AM

Request #1: Release a metrics spreadsheet monthly.

-Include population, average number of matches per day in each chassis, average damage per day from each chassis, average KDR in each chassis, average damage taken in each chassis

Anyone who isn't naïve or bias can clearly take an educated guess and say that you (PGI) have been swinging the balance / nerf hammer at a whim in knee-jerk reactions based purely on the vocal forum warriors (minority to total game pop). Well here is your chance to prove us wrong, if you have nothing to hide. Sane developers, you know the ones who lead successful games, make balance passes based on metrics and dissecting them. Dissecting a metric does not mean looking at a page that says (as an example) Timbers are doing more damage per day then 65% of all clan mechs and completely ignoring the plethora of other stats that cause that %... and then coming instantly to the conclusion this means it needs a nerf.

So again, here is your chance to back up your changes if you are indeed making them correctly, or rather well thought out rather then knee-jerk which is what it looks like you have been doing from the get-go of Clans release.

Request #2: If we prove you have been knee-jerk balance passing, I request that you not only reset all quirks, and begin looking for buyers for MWO to better handle it

#2 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:59 AM

Posted Image

Edited by cdlord, 20 May 2015 - 06:59 AM.

#3 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:04 AM

Everyone knows TW and SC were best in class, dont need public stats proof of that.
So were the other nerf victims.

The forums were full of "Laser meta is ruining the game!!!" posts, mostly due to clanners whining about Stalker-4N and then IS retaliating with TW and SC vomiting even more.

So both sides got their vomit reduced, they both got what they wanted, except they both only wanted it to happen to the other side (well actually IS arent complaining). "Be careful what you wish for, because you might just get it" and all that.

I support public stats though, that stuff is interesting. The more the merrier.

Edited by joelmuzz, 20 May 2015 - 07:10 AM.

#4 Agent 0 Fortune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:07 AM

They can't do that otherwise you would learn that PGI is applying nerfs for the sole purpose of punishing you personally. And not just because you only play OP mechs, but because they just don't like you very much.

#5 Green Mamba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,659 posts
  • LocationNC,United States

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:10 AM

I wanted MEKTEK to get the game :(

#6 Knyx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 266 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:19 AM

View Postjoelmuzz, on 20 May 2015 - 07:04 AM, said:

Everyone knows TW and SC were best in class, dont need public stats proof of that.

The forums were full of "Laser meta is ruining the game!!!" posts, mostly due to clanners whining about Stalker-4N and then IS retaliating with TW and SC vomiting even more.

So both sides got their vomit reduced, they both got what they wanted, except they both only wanted it to happen to the other side (well actually IS arent complaining). "Be careful what you wish for, because you might just get it" and all that.

You can say that "everyone knew TBR and SCR were overpowered" Ad nauseam but it is still nothing more then a fallacy until you can provide proof. Only way to provide proof is metrics, so in reality no... you don't know jack

#7 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:21 AM

I've lost count of the builds and variants in this game.
Stop doing the meta cheese circus.
Try something new.

#8 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:23 AM

View PostNovakaine, on 20 May 2015 - 07:21 AM, said:

I've lost count of the builds and variants in this game.
Stop doing the meta cheese circus.
Try something new.

I have almost all Atlai non meta.

Wait... Yes it's a trap!

#9 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:24 AM

I want public stats too. But if they do this they need to include how popular each weapon is and their damage, accuracy and so on.

You speak the truth. Plain and simple.

#10 Kavoh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:25 AM

View PostKnyx, on 20 May 2015 - 07:19 AM, said:

You can say that "everyone knew TBR and SCR were overpowered" Ad nauseam but it is still nothing more then a fallacy until you can provide proof. Only way to provide proof is metrics, so in reality no... you don't know jack

This is a whole new level of delusion. Sorry bud, it wasn't your "skill" in the Timber Wolf.

#11 Knyx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 266 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:59 AM

View PostKavoh, on 20 May 2015 - 07:25 AM, said:

This is a whole new level of delusion. Sorry bud, it wasn't your "skill" in the Timber Wolf.

Everyone knows that you are an inbred moron, so I guess I don't need proof for that either, awesome philosophy you have. haha

Guess we better stop having criminal trials too, and just go straight to hanging like the good ol days, M I RITE?

Edited by Knyx, 20 May 2015 - 08:00 AM.

#12 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:03 AM

I guess you've decided to cry on the train to k-town instead or continuing your request for increased data

View PostKnyx, on 20 May 2015 - 07:59 AM, said:

Everyone knows that you are an inbred moron, so I guess I don't need proof for that either, awesome philosophy you have. haha

Guess we better stop having criminal trials too, and just go straight to hanging like the good ol days, M I RITE?

#13 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:06 AM

View PostKnyx, on 20 May 2015 - 06:54 AM, said:

-Include population, average number of matches per day in each chassis, average damage per day from each chassis, average KDR in each chassis, average damage taken in each chassis

Anyone who isn't naïve or bias can clearly take an educated guess and say that you (PGI) have been swinging the balance / nerf hammer at a whim in knee-jerk reactions based purely on the vocal forum warriors (minority to total game pop). Well here is your chance to prove us wrong, if you have nothing to hide. Sane developers, you know the ones who lead successful games, make balance passes based on metrics and dissecting them. Dissecting a metric does not mean looking at a page that says (as an example) Timbers are doing more damage per day then 65% of all clan mechs and completely ignoring the plethora of other stats that cause that %... and then coming instantly to the conclusion this means it needs a nerf.

So again, here is your chance to back up your changes if you are indeed making them correctly, or rather well thought out rather then knee-jerk which is what it looks like you have been doing from the get-go of Clans release.

Request #2: If we prove you have been knee-jerk balance passing, I request that you not only reset all quirks, and begin looking for buyers for MWO to better handle it

For the sake of argument, can you show me another game's Metrics spreadsheet detailing these metrics?

#14 Dolph Hoskins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 499 posts
  • LocationThe Machine

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:07 AM

Ooohh I always love these types of requests for metrics and knowledge directly from game makers by someone in the community who believe that they or the 10,000 headed hydra of a community would be able to do anything meaningful with it other than complain endlessly.

You don't deserve the metrics...not sorry :mellow:

#15 Apnu

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:15 AM

View PostSarlic, on 20 May 2015 - 07:23 AM, said:

I have almost all Atlai non meta.

Wait... Yes it's a trap!

You didn't do it right, here you go:

"Wait... Yes... Posted Image

#16 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:15 AM

Ya I mean OP is right, where is the proof of TBR / SCR domination. I mean I certainly cant trust my eyes, I mean I know I thought I saw 90% of TBRs / SRCs dominating while abusing laser vommit to no end. Surely I must have been mistaken, give us the proof! :rolleyes:

#17 Apnu

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:18 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 20 May 2015 - 08:06 AM, said:

For the sake of argument, can you show me another game's Metrics spreadsheet detailing these metrics?

Indeed. Releasing all the data OP wants is revealing a lot of business intel to competitors.

#18 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:24 AM

I think the OP has had enough whine for one night.

It's time to all his designated driver, bundle him into the back seat, and let him sleep it off.

#19 Raggedyman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:30 AM

Not likely to happen in the way you've described, as that's asking for specific player numbers info so would be "business sensitive". However something that gave out percentages/proportional information could actually be quite interesting.

Anyone who isn't naïve or bias can clearly take an educated guess and say that you (PGI) have been swinging the balance / nerf hammer at a whim in knee-jerk reactions based purely on the vocal forum warriors (minority to total game pop).

Oh, gosh darn it. You almost had me liking you there.
Are you also aware that All True Scotsmen eat porridge every morning?

Not saying that you yourself would, but there is the distinct possibility that people would look at the data and get different opinions on it. Quite possibly based on their bias, or just by them going "Those stats are a lie!"

That second bit, that's so not going to happen.
First bit might, might, possibly happen (the 'you proving it' section) but the second bit is sooooooo not going to go down the way you asked.

Edited by Raggedyman, 20 May 2015 - 08:30 AM.

#20 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:31 AM

Bull, why was the -5SS untouched, FAR and away the most used IS mech during Tuk.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users