Attention All Timberwolf And Stormcrow Pilots....

165 replies to this topic

#141 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:29 AM

I think it would have gone over a tad better if the negative effect didn't accumulate with pods from different configurations.
they do stack.
there should have been one quirk for the base model of the omni mech not keep adding to it per pod.

by doing that it would still hamper the mech but wouldn't accumulate so much.

Its the accumulating effect that makes it so stupid.
one would think pgi would know better, I mean did they even test these themselves or just tossed on the negatives with out caring?

all this has thus far is keeps proving how much pgi dislikes the Clans.

do they not have a single clan player on the staff or all is players?

if all is players that could very easily explain the love they have for the is side.

#142 StrikerSW

• PipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:09 AM

View PostMAVRICK64, on 20 May 2015 - 07:52 AM, said:

Fired my ERLL - Got some coffee - came back and my ERLL was still going...

True enough you can pretty much brew a pot.

#143 Solzen

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:17 PM

Why are people complaining about the quirks? I still am having 80+ match point games in all my SCR varients...it's really not that bad, just get in them and play. If you have to, swap a few things around. It's really not that hard.

#144 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:41 AM

I'm smiling, nerf or no nerf we won Tukkayid, ya can't wipe that tear stain off ya tee-shirts ya I.S. puddy-tats, bwah ha a ha-- bwah ha ha ha-- bwaaaaaaaaah haaaa haaaa haaaa, laughing all the way to TERRA, wait I peed myself laughing, BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH HAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAA. i'll be going now.
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH HAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAA

#145 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 23 May 2015 - 06:53 AM

So much for balance. :(

I'm really starting to despise PGI...

#146 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 23 May 2015 - 06:55 AM

View PostPadre902, on 22 May 2015 - 10:03 AM, said:

It would help a lot if these quirks only kicked in if you actually mounted energy weapons on the omnipod in question. I've had to buy some new omnipods from different variants to try to decrease the negative impact of the quirks even though I wasn't using all the energy hard points. Why should my Stormcrow Prime head give me a negative quirk if I didn't even put a laser in it? I get what PGI is trying to do, but is a messy way to do it.

I completely agree with this.

#147 Der Hesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 545 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 06:56 AM

View PostCommander A9, on 23 May 2015 - 06:53 AM, said:

So much for balance. :(

I'm really starting to despise PGI...

I know that feeling man... also wished Timber and Crow would get a real nerf. This one is not the right one to bring them down to the level of the other mechs in this game.

#148 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 23 May 2015 - 07:44 AM

********** Surat Dung!

#149 Steve Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,465 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 May 2015 - 08:44 AM

My TBR Prime get punished for 5 enegie slots an its only using 4 lasers with a TAG. FEAR THE ALLMIGHTY TAG-l4s0r!!!!111

#150 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 24 May 2015 - 05:11 PM

Eh, I'm noticing a slightly longer beam time on my Timber Wolf, but not much big difference; I'm still pulling off over 1,000 damage per match and making good kills and working with my teams.

Although I hate any nerfs to any Clan mechs; it's bad enough people paid money for these things-to have them reduced to trash doesn't make them worth their cost now.

Even if PGI nerfs it, people will supplement with their skill set just to shove it in PGI's faces. Keep nerfing the Timber Wolf, we'll still use it, and we'll still break our opponents just to spite PGI!

Edited by Commander A9, 24 May 2015 - 05:13 PM.

#151 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 24 May 2015 - 06:47 PM

with the recent sale I think the stormcrows and timbers are worth the price they are now thanks to the nerfs. Unless they remove the quirks from the last patch paying any more for them will be a ripoff now.

personlly speaking i don't even think their worth it with the 30% off needs to be more like 50% for those two.

Edited by KursedVixen, 24 May 2015 - 06:48 PM.

#152 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 07:52 PM

View PostVinJade, on 22 May 2015 - 10:29 AM, said:

I think it would have gone over a tad better if the negative effect didn't accumulate with pods from different configurations.
they do stack.
there should have been one quirk for the base model of the omni mech not keep adding to it per pod.

by doing that it would still hamper the mech but wouldn't accumulate so much.

Its the accumulating effect that makes it so stupid.
one would think pgi would know better, I mean did they even test these themselves or just tossed on the negatives with out caring?

all this has thus far is keeps proving how much pgi dislikes the Clans.

do they not have a single clan player on the staff or all is players?

if all is players that could very easily explain the love they have for the is side.

that would be pointless. if they put it on the variant or the center torso, everyone would use the other variants with the same components, leaving one mech redundant wile players play the same builds with zero changes. if they took away pod changing so you couldn't get around it who's to say the quarks would be less?

#153 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 24 May 2015 - 07:59 PM

Turn your Timberwolf into a brawler ... throw on some SRM6s and some CERSLs and pown face.

#154 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 08:24 PM

View PostPadre902, on 22 May 2015 - 10:03 AM, said:

It would help a lot if these quirks only kicked in if you actually mounted energy weapons on the omnipod in question. I've had to buy some new omnipods from different variants to try to decrease the negative impact of the quirks even though I wasn't using all the energy hard points. Why should my Stormcrow Prime head give me a negative quirk if I didn't even put a laser in it? I get what PGI is trying to do, but is a messy way to do it.

just use a different pod if it doesn't have an energy weapon it wont have a negative buff

#155 Padre902

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 21 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 25 May 2015 - 04:20 AM

View PostFrost Lord, on 24 May 2015 - 08:24 PM, said:

just use a different pod if it doesn't have an energy weapon it wont have a negative buff

I did, but it's pretty lame to have to purchase a new omni-pod for this purpose. It can even put people in the position of having to break up a "pure" build for the sake of offsetting negative quirks you earned when you weren't even laser-boating. That's a de-facto negative XP quirk to go with the energy cooldown.

#156 Tronword Furey

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 61 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:25 AM

Overt complaints bring to the surface the weakness of the stravag inner sphere filth. Maintain your fury in combat, keep focus and fight with the spirit of your Clan totem.
If not, join the Merchant class and find passage to Terra viewing the jewel with the eyes of a coward.

#157 Longshot0

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 10:01 PM

hmmm. My Timber prime stockish build still wrecks face which is my favorite build. My Splatcat still wrecks face. Nerfs havent messed with my solo stats in this mech but i havent cee dubbed it for awhile now so cant speak to that game mode.

I didn't pay real money for them though so I can understand a lot of the nerf anger but I still think the Tbr dominates. It just breaks a sweat now where before it was effortless.

#158 Augustus Martelus II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMontréal, QC Canada

Posted 03 June 2015 - 10:08 PM

View Postmadhermit, on 22 May 2015 - 03:26 AM, said:

Completely fine with this. I honestly don't understand the ERPPC whine what that was all about. NEVER did I have problems with PPC and I personally think that it's a terrible weapon before and post nerf.

well it get a problem in CW when you face 12 of them....but i guess the new maps change that kind of tactic.

But on Boreal...they have a huge advantage with that build

i would like if they would have other alternative mech for the clans...right now in heavies its Hellbringer (yes ok), mad dog (meh) summoner (bof) and timber (well its a good platform for weapons hardpoints.

Med mechs: Ice Ferret (meh a light with 10 extra pounds), nova (...), Stormcrow (good platform with good weapons hardpoints)

So here is the problem...

#159 kracked49

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 103 posts
  • LocationI quit!!!

Posted 03 June 2015 - 10:55 PM

I may be a true mercenary but these quirks suck for all of us. I just got my Stormcrows when this disaster was released. I've setup my Prime with a Gauss and 5 ER Small lasers and it is HOT. WTF? My best build is 3 Streak6 with 1 LB5X (don't laugh). It works very well for me. I feel sorry for all of you Clanners. Good luck with your Timberwolves as I will not be getting them.

Edited by kracked49, 03 June 2015 - 10:56 PM.

#160 Vajhra

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 48 posts
  • LocationFlying your dropship

Posted 04 June 2015 - 02:06 AM

I don't touch my favorite mech's anymore because of those 20%ish nerfs, so I just put up with something more mainstream and ploddish (and play less :(...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users