#21 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:08 PM

View PostStrikerSW, on 20 May 2015 - 02:59 PM, said:

Totally agree forums are mainly for starting arguments. And It was the constant complaining of IS players that started this constant cycle of Nerf any Clan mech that works well in game, deny it all you want.

When they were released, I repeatedly said I had no issues with the Clan mechs as they were. I was told by players on both sides that I didn't know what I was talking about. I don't care what they do to either side at this point.

#22 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:20 PM

View PostBilbo, on 20 May 2015 - 03:08 PM, said:

When they were released, I repeatedly said I had no issues with the Clan mechs as they were. I was told by players on both sides that I didn't know what I was talking about. I don't care what they do to either side at this point.

You and I must have been on opposite sides of the same island.

#23 PurpleNinja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationMIA

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:22 PM

View PostGreen Mamba, on 20 May 2015 - 01:49 PM, said:

ALL THE Players will just whine away.

I corrected it for you.

#24 xXBagheeraXx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:27 PM

View PostFupDup, on 20 May 2015 - 01:58 PM, said:

Posted Image

Will the agendamongering on both sides ever end? Can we ever have an honest discussion about ze balance without people LARPing or roleplaying? It's getting old.

These threads shouldn't be about which fictional flag you want to affiliate yourself with, they should be about the actual state of pros/cons/etc of the equipment/mechs in question. None of us are real warriors piloting real war machines, all of us are nerfs sitting at computer chairs playing a video game.

Some occasional, playful roleplaying can be fun now and then, but the constant shill parade is just bad for discussions and the blood pressure of everybody involved in those discussions. Please stahp.

What pisses me off about the whole thing, and just about ANY vehicle based game Ive played to date is that you are NOT allowed to have anything thats GOOD.

The Timberwolf is a good mech..Its a freaking 75 Tonner stuck with a (large) XL engine thats festooned with energy hardpoints. YEAH its going to be fast. YEAH its going to be a laser barf king. Its what it was freaking built to do. yet people want to beat it down to hunchback territory for being good for its tonnage....I dont mind fighting the things. Let me bump around the corner on one at short range in an atlas. he will run or get ac20ed to death. Clan lasers are incredibly easy to roll even without the duration nerfs they slapped it with.

#25 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:42 PM

View PostxXBagheeraXx, on 20 May 2015 - 04:27 PM, said:

What pisses me off about the whole thing, and just about ANY vehicle based game Ive played to date is that you are NOT allowed to have anything thats GOOD.

The Timberwolf is a good mech..Its a freaking 75 Tonner stuck with a (large) XL engine thats festooned with energy hardpoints. YEAH its going to be fast. YEAH its going to be a laser barf king. Its what it was freaking built to do. yet people want to beat it down to hunchback territory for being good for its tonnage....I dont mind fighting the things. Let me bump around the corner on one at short range in an atlas. he will run or get ac20ed to death. Clan lasers are incredibly easy to roll even without the duration nerfs they slapped it with.

Wait...you understand the point?

*Marks this day on the calender*

Carry on

#26 Whatzituyah

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner waiting to alpha strike his victim.

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:44 PM

View PostGyrok, on 20 May 2015 - 04:42 PM, said:

Wait...you understand the point?

*Marks this day on the calender*

Carry on

While I understand the point of that this is also a pvp game and a pvp game must be balanced otherwise people would flock mostly to the strongest thing.

#27 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:15 PM

honestly since day 1 i never thought of the timberwolf as a great mech. it looks cool, maybe it's better at tanking, you can put a lot of crap on it fine - but i'v never been a fan of it's low arms and it's weapons setup so i mastered them and havn't touched them since last year because i can do more with other mechs better

IMO what the timberwolf is - is 'cool'. plus it had pretty good loadout options. that's it. everybody says it's op, so a lot of people pilot it

IMO since it's 'cool', and a lot of people pilot it, it's getting nerfed simply and only because it's 'cool'. that's it

remember the victor? the timberwolf of a year ago? where is it now? it also was 'cool' because everybody said it's 'op', but if it was so good it'd still be everywhere right now. when's the last time you saw one?

want to fix the stormcrow and timberwolf? scrap the nerfs and reduce the torso twist.

does it say that the stormcrow in TT has 192 degrees of freaking torso twist? that was 100% PGI's decision, and if the torso twist was half that, do you think it'd be so 'op'?

all i can say is adjusting torso twist for all mechs can be as good an equalizer as quirks by reducing or increasing snap aiming ability, and it'd be a hell of a lot easier to adjust compared to keeping track of 10,000,000 quirks

Edited by JagdFlanker, 20 May 2015 - 05:16 PM.

#28 StrikerSW

• PipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:06 PM

View PostxXBagheeraXx, on 20 May 2015 - 04:27 PM, said:

Thank you, a player who understands that part of the game is about overcoming stronger units with smart game play. Please stand and give a deserving round of applause!

#29 Augustus Martelus II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMontréal, QC Canada

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:15 PM

The problem is the main weapon system that we have....so they are only patching.

Exemple: you have 3 med laser on one arm but you can fit 3 ppcs on it...thats where you find a problem.

a lot of variants can have the same built...Hum Jaeger hum and etc....You can make nearly the same mech with an other mech Spider wannabe urbie, raven wannabe urbie and etc...

So now PGI put so much time on patching Quirks, nerf, removing quirks and removing nerf...putting some back....removing some. Its like that we are trying to make a cake but without knowing the ingredients....thats how i feel MWO is.

#30 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:24 PM

I gotta admit. For a while. It was actually kinda peaceful on the forum. At least relative to when people would spit so much vitriol that it made you wonder about the sanity of some people. >_>

Actually. Compared to them. This doesn't seem so bad.

#31 Mar-X-maN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 286 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:20 AM

ONE NERF TO NERF THEM ALL AND IN THEIR SAMENESS BIND THEM

Seriously I have a rather balanced stable of IS and Clan mechs and I also have the meta chassis. The level of OP-ness of IS mechs is not funny anymore. Even though I do not build according to meta I have IS mechs that are so devasting they wreck like the Hulk on Speed.

If balance is what you want, do away with BT rules completely. Make all mechs in their weight class weight the same and have the same size with standarized hitboxes. Allow them to equip whatever the heck they want. Make all weapons and equipment / components for IS and Clan exactly the same. Only difference that shall remain should be cosmetics. But different cosmetics are probably OP too. So we probably cannot have that.

Edited by Mar X maN, 21 May 2015 - 04:21 AM.

#32 Mar-X-maN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 286 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:25 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 20 May 2015 - 01:59 PM, said:

10v12 break the group queue....so no that has been brought up over 1000 times and Russ has explained why it wont work each time.

With fewer people playing clans at the moment it might actually slightly help with queueing for CW.

#33 Templar Dane

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,057 posts

View PostWhatzituyah, on 20 May 2015 - 04:44 PM, said:

While I understand the point of that this is also a pvp game and a pvp game must be balanced otherwise people would flock mostly to the strongest thing.

And yet, for some reason, spheroids outnumber the clams........hmmm........

#34 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

The ONLY reason we got quirks is because PGI was too scared to nerf the obviously OP timber and crow and thus tried to get everyone else "in line".

And now we got this mess. I wish the would have just nerfed them and not introduced this convoluted system at all.

Edited by TexAss, 21 May 2015 - 04:26 AM.

#35 Knyx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 266 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:40 AM

View PostGreen Mamba, on 20 May 2015 - 01:53 PM, said:

Sorry the proportion of Clan Whiners to IS whiners proof of that being totally false

prove it Mr. Logical Fallacy

View PostTexAss, on 21 May 2015 - 04:25 AM, said:

The ONLY reason we got quirks is because PGI was too scared to nerf the obviously OP timber and crow and thus tried to get everyone else "in line".

And now we got this mess. I wish the would have just nerfed them and not introduced this convoluted system at all.
Where is the proof? Where are the metrics? Yea that's what I thought... hah nothing but banter

Edited by Knyx, 21 May 2015 - 04:41 AM.

#36 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:43 AM

View PostGreen Mamba, on 20 May 2015 - 01:49 PM, said:

Thanks for trying to balance but its a Lost Cause. Clan Players will just whine away..Remove all quirks on both IS and Clan Mechs this means both Positive and Negative quirks and set them to original values. If this is not enough just Leave the Positive quirks for Clan Mechs ONLY so they won't feel like they are being Mercilessly Slaughtered by OP IS Mechs like "The Incredible Hulk Clubbing Baby Fur Seals with a Construction Girder".

It seems the only way to have the Forums be as Peaceful like they were before

I'm here 8 hours a day 5+ days a week. When exactly has the forums been peaceful? :huh:

View PostBilbo, on 20 May 2015 - 03:08 PM, said:

View PostGyrok, on 20 May 2015 - 04:20 PM, said:

You and I must have been on opposite sides of the same island.

So had to wander over here and try to rain on our parade? :P

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 21 May 2015 - 04:49 AM.

#37 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:46 AM

Nope!

Quirks are useful (even with its flaws) and can stay.

Whining and complaining existed before quirks and would exist after.

#38 Knyx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 266 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:51 AM

Quirks do need a wipe, if the quirks got wiped both positive and negative, both IS and Clan, MWO would be closer to balanced then it would be in a VERY long time. Then just switch fire mechanics for ballistics between IS and Clan, giving clan ACs PPFLD and IS the burst fire and boom even more balanced, IS would have the burst damage and peek a boo lasers, and clans would have burst damage and peek a boo ballistics

#39 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:54 AM

View PostWhatzituyah, on 20 May 2015 - 04:44 PM, said:

Only in THIS game the strongest thing is the inner sphere mechs, and any time the clan mechs approach the level of performance kicked out by an IS mech, its NERFNERFNERFNERFNERFNERFNERF.

And on Paper IS mechs are superior in all categories that matter save total damage, which doesn't matter because they deliver their full damage and disappear before the clan mechs are done doing their full damage in return.

#40 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:55 AM

View PostKnyx, on 21 May 2015 - 04:51 AM, said:

Quirks do need a wipe, if the quirks got wiped both positive and negative, both IS and Clan, MWO would be closer to balanced then it would be in a VERY long time. Then just switch fire mechanics for ballistics between IS and Clan, giving clan ACs PPFLD and IS the burst fire and boom even more balanced, IS would have the burst damage and peek a boo lasers, and clans would have burst damage and peek a boo ballistics

Dude. Never ever try to take away my FLD ACs. Dems be fightin words! :angry:

;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users