To Pgi Just Remove All The Quirks

54 replies to this topic

#41 Knyx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 266 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:01 AM

View PostLugh, on 21 May 2015 - 04:54 AM, said:

Only in THIS game the strongest thing is the inner sphere mechs, and any time the clan mechs approach the level of performance kicked out by an IS mech, its NERFNERFNERFNERFNERFNERFNERF.

And on Paper IS mechs are superior in all categories that matter save total damage, which doesn't matter because they deliver their full damage and disappear before the clan mechs are done doing their full damage in return.

EXACTLY THIS

It is a PVP game, in PVP burst damage is king that is an indisputable fact. IS holds the monopoly on burst damage and have had it for a very long time. If you have a game where there are 2 sides that fight in PVP, you can't give one side a monopoly on burst damage or you will have not only a failure of a game but the majority of the population always on that side with the burst damage.

Now look at IS pop vs Clans in CW, the majority voted.

#42 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:04 AM

View PostLugh, on 21 May 2015 - 04:54 AM, said:

Only in THIS game the strongest thing is the inner sphere mechs, and any time the clan mechs approach the level of performance kicked out by an IS mech, its NERFNERFNERFNERFNERFNERFNERF.

And on Paper IS mechs are superior in all categories that matter save total damage, which doesn't matter because they deliver their full damage and disappear before the clan mechs are done doing their full damage in return.

To be fair We already cut off our legs at the knees Lugh. We made it so we were Nerfed as hard as possible. You know I haven't supported a Nerf other than the Gauss Charge up.

#43 Astrocanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 642 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:06 AM

View PostStrikerSW, on 20 May 2015 - 02:59 PM, said:

Totally agree forums are mainly for starting arguments. And It was the constant complaining of IS players that started this constant cycle of Nerf any Clan mech that works well in game, deny it all you want.

LOL - you could work for a government. "Works well in game" meaning "dominates weight classes". Clanners got used to winning easily, picked up the "we win because we're just better players" meme and are now upset that those ~overstatements~ are not so easy to maintain.

TBR (and I have 4 of them mastered) are STILL the easiest mechs to play IMHO. SCR has always been situational. And in those situations where it shone it was the undisputed winner. Now you have to work more to keep yourselves in your egotistical gravy (to mess a couple of mixaphores). No sympathy. I play both sides, and most of the clanners I play with are pretty free with admissions that they play clan because the mechs are just better. Not more flexible, but better.

#44 LordBraxton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:12 AM

View PostDarth Bane001, on 20 May 2015 - 01:51 PM, said:

Reporting topic for being meant to merely flame clan players.

IS players have been whining since day one. The clan nerfs since release make our "whining" way of putting it is legit.

Enjoy having no cw to play on, and seeing nothing but mostly the same is builds.
It's ok, I don't know anyone who enjoyed CW after a few matches anyway. *Says he's gonna report for flaming clan players, flames IS players in same post.*

View PostFupDup, on 20 May 2015 - 01:58 PM, said:

Posted Image

Will the agendamongering on both sides ever end? Can we ever have an honest discussion about ze balance without people LARPing or roleplaying? It's getting old.

These threads shouldn't be about which fictional flag you want to affiliate yourself with, they should be about the actual state of pros/cons/etc of the equipment/mechs in question. None of us are real warriors piloting real war machines, all of us are nerds sitting at computer chairs playing a video game.

Some occasional, playful roleplaying can be fun now and then, but the constant shill parade is just bad for discussions and the blood pressure of everybody involved in those discussions. Please stahp.

This. Can I have a merc tag? or a falcon\steiner flag split down the middle? because all my IS mechs are painted as lyran, and all my clan mechs are painted as falcons? I'm happy the twolf got nerfed, now I have a reason to use my other clan mechs. Even my hellbie was in mothballs because the twolf is so durable it feels like a 90kph stalker. ................. I live on terra so I guess I'm comstar?!?!? All I know is I'm sick of being pegged as an 'IS player,' because I don't touch CW and have atleast 1 variant of almost every mech.

Edited by LordBraxton, 21 May 2015 - 05:13 AM.

#45 VorpalAnvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Cantillon Brewery

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:34 AM

View PostAstrocanis, on 21 May 2015 - 05:06 AM, said:

TBR (and I have 4 of them mastered) are STILL the easiest mechs to play IMHO. SCR has always been situational. And in those situations where it shone it was the undisputed winner. Now you have to work more to keep yourselves in your egotistical gravy (to mess a couple of mixaphores). No sympathy. I play both sides, and most of the clanners I play with are pretty free with admissions that they play clan because the mechs are just better. Not more flexible, but better.

More anecdotal "evidence". I could just as easily claim the clanners I hang with say the opposite. Here is an example of a fact: Davion based on the Tuk statistics is the worst faction. A fact I noted anecdotally long before the event. Let me see, what is your group affiliation? Hmmm... No surprise there.

#46 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:59 AM

My opinion about quirks and a possible solution:

1) Remove all quirks (root of all evil).
2) Let clans have their toys better than IS ones.
3) Unlock ES/FF for clans (but not engines/DHS).
4) Enhance specific IS weapons, for example heat on SL and ML, normal PPCs speed and linear damage increase, etc. Adjustments could be made to all weapon classes to reduce the gap.
5) Introduce new IS tech like: LFE when the time is right.
6) Introduce non-tech advantages for IS mechs, for example cbills/XP bonuses.
7) Add again quirks, but not as an attempt at balancing IS vs Clan, just a way to give flavour to mechs and compensate for hit boxes deficiencies and similar issues. Moderate quirks of course, 10% is "high", 20% is "extreme".

Compensate differences by balancing CW instead of this futile attempt at tech equivalence. Most IS players will not complain about having to use lesser tech. 10vs12 would be interesting to try. If the gap is too much then also 3 vs 4 waves could be tried, in the tradition of greater numbers vs much better tech.

Effects:
1) Peace of forums. At least the Clan-vs-IS kind of whining should stop.
2) Those who like challenges will go IS. They expect to have lesser tech.
3) The others will go Clan. Also their expectations would be met.
4) For PGI business as usual with far less problems to handle.

Edited by EvilCow, 21 May 2015 - 06:01 AM.

#47 Knyx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 266 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:30 AM

View PostEvilCow, on 21 May 2015 - 05:59 AM, said:

My opinion about quirks and a possible solution:

1) Remove all quirks (root of all evil).
2) Let clans have their toys better than IS ones.
3) Unlock ES/FF for clans (but not engines/DHS).
4) Enhance specific IS weapons, for example heat on SL and ML, normal PPCs speed and linear damage increase, etc. Adjustments could be made to all weapon classes to reduce the gap.
5) Introduce new IS tech like: LFE when the time is right.
6) Introduce non-tech advantages for IS mechs, for example cbills/XP bonuses.
7) Add again quirks, but not as an attempt at balancing IS vs Clan, just a way to give flavour to mechs and compensate for hit boxes deficiencies and similar issues. Moderate quirks of course, 10% is "high", 20% is "extreme".

Compensate differences by balancing CW instead of this futile attempt at tech equivalence. Most IS players will not complain about having to use lesser tech. 10vs12 would be interesting to try. If the gap is too much then also 3 vs 4 waves could be tried, in the tradition of greater numbers vs much better tech.

Effects:
1) Peace of forums. At least the Clan-vs-IS kind of whining should stop.
2) Those who like challenges will go IS. They expect to have lesser tech.
3) The others will go Clan. Also their expectations would be met.
4) For PGI business as usual with far less problems to handle.

Going to have to do a lot more then just remove quirks for clans to have better "toys". Clan weapons are inferior in every area that counts. Giving clans PPFLD in one of the weapon platforms, like Ballistics and letting IS *keep* their burst damage superior lasers when you wipe all quirks would solve a lot.

#48 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:17 AM

Stop with that liberal Yankee dribble, it's just plain embarrassing.

#49 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:26 AM

I'd much rather play this game (any chassis) without quirks also. The inconsistancies from mech to mech are greatly bothersome to me. I just want a laser to do the same thing on one mech as it does on any another... Not have 400M less range and 50% less duration and so on based purely on the mech I am piloting.

#50 Domoneky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:16 AM

There will never be peace. Even if we remove all quirks, give Clan ACs burst damage and all that crap you guys will STILL be QQing and be butt hurt about it. Face it folks, No matter what happens you will NEVER be happy with this game.

#51 MarineTech

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts
  • LocationRunning rampant in K-Town

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:24 AM

Shhhhhhhhhhhh Domo.

There's no sense in confusing a perfectly good rant/argument/expression of butthurt with FACTS.

#52 Domoneky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:27 AM

You're right MarineTech. What this thread really needs...

Posted Image

#53 MarineTech

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts
  • LocationRunning rampant in K-Town

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:38 AM

Yep. And one of these too.

Posted Image

#54 NAILSTORM

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 21 June 2015 - 09:56 AM

I agree to crap can the quirks. I, as a long time player, feel jilted as a clan player. Constantly quirked out of every viable build to where the substantial amount of money I have spent on this game in 3 years has been a waste. And when the players spending the cash on your game no longer feel it is worth it... that's a REAL problem.

#55 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 29 July 2015 - 02:20 PM

View PostFupDup, on 20 May 2015 - 01:58 PM, said:

Posted Image

Will the agendamongering on both sides ever end? Can we ever have an honest discussion about ze balance without people LARPing or roleplaying? It's getting old.

These threads shouldn't be about which fictional flag you want to affiliate yourself with, they should be about the actual state of pros/cons/etc of the equipment/mechs in question. None of us are real warriors piloting real war machines, all of us are nerds sitting at computer chairs playing a video game.

Some occasional, playful roleplaying can be fun now and then, but the constant shill parade is just bad for discussions and the blood pressure of everybody involved in those discussions. Please stahp.

It's missing the "But you got STD" part.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users