To Pgi Just Remove All The Quirks

54 replies to this topic

#1 Green Mamba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,659 posts
  • LocationNC,United States

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:49 PM

Thanks for trying to balance but its a Lost Cause. Clan Players will just whine away..Remove all quirks on both IS and Clan Mechs this means both Positive and Negative quirks and set them to original values. If this is not enough just Leave the Positive quirks for Clan Mechs ONLY so they won't feel like they are being Mercilessly Slaughtered by OP IS Mechs like "The Incredible Hulk Clubbing Baby Fur Seals with a Construction Girder".

It seems the only way to have the Forums be as Peaceful like they were before

#2 Bulletsponge0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:50 PM

View PostGreen Mamba, on 20 May 2015 - 01:49 PM, said:

Thanks for trying to balance but its a Lost Cause. Clan Players will just whine away..Remove all quirks on both IS and Clan Mechs this means both Positive and Negative quirks and set them to original values. If this is not enough just Leave the Positive quirks for Clan Mechs ONLY so they won't feel like they are being Mercilessly Slaughtered by OP IS Mechs like "The Incredible Hulk Clubbing Baby Fur Seals with a Construction Girder".

the forums were peaceful before? thats not what my "ZOMG OP TImberwolf" told me the other day

#3 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:51 PM

Reporting topic for being meant to merely flame clan players.

IS players have been whining since day one. The clan nerfs since release make our "whining" way of putting it is legit.

Enjoy having no cw to play on, and seeing nothing but mostly the same is builds.

#4 Green Mamba

• Shredder
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:53 PM

View PostDarth Bane001, on 20 May 2015 - 01:51 PM, said:

IS players have been whining since day one. The clan nerfs since release make our "whining" way of putting it is legit.

Enjoy having no cw to play on, and seeing nothing but mostly the same is builds.

Sorry the proportion of Clan Whiners to IS whiners proof of that being totally false

#5 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:54 PM

Do you even know what Irony is dude?

You make a thread about Clans whining which contains nothing but WHINE from a IS SURAT!

Please show me ONE peaceful place on the internet and then we can try to see if they have a forums...i bet they dont. Flame wars and OP was not coined in the MWO forums....

Edited by DarthRevis, 20 May 2015 - 01:56 PM.

#6 Green Mamba

• Shredder
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:55 PM

Actually...I am being serious

#7 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:57 PM

View PostGreen Mamba, on 20 May 2015 - 01:55 PM, said:

Actually...I am being serious

I think you are mixing up sarcasm with Irony....

#8 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:58 PM

Posted Image

Will the agendamongering on both sides ever end? Can we ever have an honest discussion about ze balance without people LARPing or roleplaying? It's getting old.

These threads shouldn't be about which fictional flag you want to affiliate yourself with, they should be about the actual state of pros/cons/etc of the equipment/mechs in question. None of us are real warriors piloting real war machines, all of us are nerds sitting at computer chairs playing a video game.

Some occasional, playful roleplaying can be fun now and then, but the constant shill parade is just bad for discussions and the blood pressure of everybody involved in those discussions. Please stahp.

Edited by FupDup, 20 May 2015 - 04:27 PM.

#9 Green Mamba

• Shredder
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:58 PM

We went without quirks for a long time we can do without them again until PGI tries something else maybe a 10 v 12

#10 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:59 PM

View PostGreen Mamba, on 20 May 2015 - 01:58 PM, said:

We went without quirks for a long time we can do without them again until PGI tries something else maybe a 10 v 12

10v12 break the group queue....so no that has been brought up over 1000 times and Russ has explained why it wont work each time.

#11 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:01 PM

View PostFupDup, on 20 May 2015 - 01:58 PM, said:

Posted Image

Will the agendamongering on both sides ever end? Can we ever have an honest discussion about ze balance without people LARPing or roleplaying? It's getting old. This shouldn't be about which fictional flag you want to affiliate yourself with, it should be about the actual state of the equipment/mechs in question. None of us are real warriors piloting real war machines, all of us are nerfs sitting at computer chairs playing a video game.

Some occasional, playful roleplaying can be fun now and then, but the constant shill parade is just bad for discussions and the blood pressure of everybody involved in those discussions. Please stahp.

lol... you always post the best pics/comics/graphics

#12 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:01 PM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 20 May 2015 - 02:01 PM, said:

lol... you always post the best pics/comics/graphics

Picture courtesy of Burktross. ;)

His thread is here, with more cartoons: http://mwomercs.com/...__fromsearch__1

#13 Green Mamba

• Shredder
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:02 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 20 May 2015 - 01:59 PM, said:

10v12 break the group queue....so no that has been brought up over 1000 times and Russ has explained why it wont work each time.

No..I don't know if you have been playing long enough but there was a bug where one team dropped with less players than the other one ..it was just by accident and happened all the time, so it can be done .IF THEY WANT TO DO IT

#14 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:03 PM

seeing nothing but mostly the same is builds.

Rather see meta builds across a wider array of mechs than 2 mechs only. :P

#15 CrushLibs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 546 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:26 PM

KISS keep it simple stupid.

1. remove ALLL quirks for Heat Gen , duration , and range.
2. Increase IS Small lasers to Clan range - 10% , Decrease Clan MED to 375m , increase IS med to 350m , IS ERL to Clan ER - 7%
3. Armor quirks for ANY mech that might need slight buffs but MAX 10 Armor points on any given area and 5 HP MAX
4, Decrease FF and ENDO to 10 slots for IS
5. Unlock engine size on clans to +/- 50 size range ,,, example 300XL middle, 250XL bottom, 350XL top
6. Unlock FF and ENDO for Clans increase Crit to 6 each
7. Increase DHS to 1.6 to 1.8
8. revamp Ghost Heat to keep boating to a min. 2= Large Pulse, 3 ER/Large ,,, 4 Med. Pulse, 5 ER/Med ,,, 6 All Small

There would be a lot more but this would be a start IMO

#16 Whatzituyah

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,236 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn a dark corner waiting to alpha strike his victim.

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:33 PM

Well I am whining that clans are whining because hes whining about the clans whining!

Posted Image

What have I done?

Too be honest though you should have seen this nerf coming clans probably not to the extreme it has but PGI made it clear that they wanted Clans to be different not stronger then the IS.

Edited by Whatzituyah, 20 May 2015 - 02:34 PM.

#17 Green Mamba

• Shredder
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:35 PM

Anything they would do would help at this point

#18 StrikerSW

• PipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:59 PM

Totally agree forums are mainly for starting arguments. And It was the constant complaining of IS players that started this constant cycle of Nerf any Clan mech that works well in game, deny it all you want.

#19 Kill Dozer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 343 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:01 PM

It wont make the forums peaceful but the whole idea of chassis specific quirks is an overcomplicated wasted effort imho. My recommendation would be to remove quirks and balance individual Chassis and variants as needed based on the historical (via Battletech Lore) intended purpose of the chassis.

i.e. LRM support platforms have better performance with LRM's due to targeting systems and chassis benefits than other mechs etc.

I would have liked to see the "quirks" effort put into the mech lab UI for example. It's not too late, ditch quirks altogether and just balance chassis as needed for a more balanced game play experience.

#20 Green Mamba

• Shredder
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:06 PM

View PostKill Dozer, on 20 May 2015 - 03:01 PM, said:

It wont make the forums peaceful but the whole idea of chassis specific quirks is an overcomplicated wasted effort imho. My recommendation would be to remove quirks and balance individual Chassis and variants as needed based on the historical (via Battletech Lore) intended purpose of the chassis.

i.e. LRM support platforms have better performance with LRM's due to targeting systems and chassis benefits than other mechs etc.

I would have liked to see the "quirks" effort put into the mech lab UI for example. It's not too late, ditch quirks altogether and just balance chassis as needed for a more balanced game play experience.

They can try that, but I thought by just removing them all would basically start with a blank slate approach

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users