9 replies to this topic

#1 -=Heloc=-

• PipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:09 PM

Is a good offense.

I'm so sick of only ever see CW games happening on planets that we're defending and it's the reason why we keep getting pushed back.

If people just start queuing up to attack instead of waiting for the IS to attack one of our planets, we might be able to get moving forward again. The battle of Tukayyid should have shown us that, when we're on the offensive, we can and will beat the IS.

It's a self-created and self-reinforced problem. You don't attack because no one is in an attack queue and no one is in an attack queue because everyone else is defending.

All I'm asking is that, before you get in queue defending a planet, you get in queue to attack a planet for a few minutes instead and if you see someone else in an attack queue, you go and join them before you defend.

#2 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:11 AM

With the new system, if we do not have enough players we do not have a chance to take a planet.. Maybe unless we play for 8 hours winning all attacks. Maybe.

#3 -=Heloc=-

• PipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:10 AM

That's what I'm saying, we don't have enough players to attack because everyone is defending and everyone is defending because we don't have enough players to attack (because they're all defending, etc. etc.). I've seen 36 players queued up to defend a planet, even in the middle of the day.

I think that what is happening is that, since there are more IS players, they're queuing up to attack so us clanners are just going there to defend when they should just be ignoring that and attacking instead.

What I can say with certainty is that what we're doing right now is not working so we have nothing to lose by trying something different.

Ignore the IS attack and go after their planets. They WILL show up to defend and then we can make THEM react to US instead of the other way around. This is an invasion, go invade something. Even if we lose every planet behind us, as long as we can cap the ones in front, we'll be just fine.

#4 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:17 AM

I do not think that a "moving island" of conquered planets would be that good for us.. Anyway, i do not think that we have enough players at all. CW is very empty at this time. The IS forces probably have enough numbers to take our planets AND defend against 36 players. If they all defended against these 36 , we would have no choice..

I used to try to convince people to play CW and take planets.. Now, even i see they have to change something before it can go back to full activity.

Seriously, i do not understand why they have not reversed their last change or at least mitigated it...

#5 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:24 AM

What Cycloner said: The new attack mechanics screw you unless you have 4 12-mans on a planet.

#6 -=Heloc=-

• PipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:49 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 21 May 2015 - 06:17 AM, said:

I do not think that a "moving island" of conquered planets would be that good for us.. Anyway, i do not think that we have enough players at all. CW is very empty at this time. The IS forces probably have enough numbers to take our planets AND defend against 36 players. If they all defended against these 36 , we would have no choice..

I used to try to convince people to play CW and take planets.. Now, even i see they have to change something before it can go back to full activity.

Seriously, i do not understand why they have not reversed their last change or at least mitigated it...

But would the "moving island" be worse than what we're doing now?

Right now we're on 100% defense and we're losing, would attacking and still losing planets be any worse? At worst, we'd lose planets faster and force PGI's hand, at best we'd make some progress. The best we can hope for as things currently stand is to stall the IS advance. THERE IS NO DOWNSIDE TO ATTACKING.

Maybe PGI needs to do something different, maybe they don't. What I'm saying is that what we're doing now is definitely NOT working so we've got nothing to lose by trying something different. If we keep doing what we've been doing, we have a 0% chance of success, we can't know what our chance of success is of things we haven't tried.

#7 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:06 PM

View Post-=Heloc=-, on 21 May 2015 - 12:49 PM, said:

But would the "moving island" be worse than what we're doing now?

Right now we're on 100% defense and we're losing, would attacking and still losing planets be any worse? At worst, we'd lose planets faster and force PGI's hand, at best we'd make some progress. The best we can hope for as things currently stand is to stall the IS advance. THERE IS NO DOWNSIDE TO ATTACKING.

Maybe PGI needs to do something different, maybe they don't. What I'm saying is that what we're doing now is definitely NOT working so we've got nothing to lose by trying something different. If we keep doing what we've been doing, we have a 0% chance of success, we can't know what our chance of success is of things we haven't tried.

We are not on 100% of anything but the PUBLIC QUEUE

The mechanics hurt small population factions....i do not have the time to spend in this game for nothing. Not to mention every other drop means nothing with the new system.

We have tried, SA guys are trying RIGHT NOW but I dont like my time wasted.....even on silly things like a video game. You can jump up and down and say its the players fault all you want. I tried last night with my unit and a 12 for 3 hours and we got 2 pips taken. I am not 16 and do not have entire weekends to blow on this game or 8 hours every night to make a difference in CW.

PGI needs to make a change and we will come back....that simple.

Edited by DarthRevis, 21 May 2015 - 04:08 PM.

#8 kesmai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 22 May 2015 - 12:42 AM

... Is not to drop at all. Sad but true.

#9 -=Heloc=-

• PipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 03:11 PM

I'm asking folks to spend five minutes in an attack queue before they jump over to defend. There were 56 people in the defend queue on one planet yesterday afternoon so you can't tell me that there aren't enough people playing CW to cap a planet (or at least get the matches going to attack a planet instead of defending). If we can get the IS to show up to defend their planets, they won't be attacking any of ours.

I'm doing it every time I jump into CW, usually more than once in a session.

Spend five minutes in an attack queue, especially if you see someone else there, that's all I'm asking.

Edited by -=Heloc=-, 23 May 2015 - 06:07 AM.

#10 Pat Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:51 PM

The current attack system is better than what it used to be because the moment you were outnumbered in the que, you couldn't take a planet no matter what. Now you have a chance as long as you win. In the case where someone was in a 12 man for 8 hours and only took 2 pips, that is because either others were losing matches on your side or the enemy had more in the que and had some ghost drops. Granted, it can take longer now if you outnumber the enemy to take a planet but at least you have a chance vs the old system. Only time you had a chance back then was if you outnumbered the enemy and dropped faster in the que. To the OP's comments though, he is completely correct, if you go on the offensive, I promise you they will defend. Let them ghost drop on your planet if they want, just stay on the offensive. People want to play and you have the chance to dictate where that fight will be if you are persistant.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users