#21 anonymous161

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:29 PM

View PostOld Mechdonald, on 21 May 2015 - 11:56 AM, said:

I been getting dumped to desktop a lot since the recent patch.
I hope this fixes it!

I too have had this happen at least once so far.

View PostScarecrowES, on 21 May 2015 - 02:27 PM, said:

More or less this. Remember, meta is not just about how a mech is built, but also how you use it. Remember the old poptart meta? Wouldn't do you much good to throw on a spread of PPCs and Gausses and attempt to brawl with them.

Basically the same with deathstar metas. You can't throw on a bunch of lasers and expect to go into a real fight that way. Toe-to-toe in the open or a brawl you'd overheat before being able to put any real damage down. No... You find cover, pop out, spam lasers, pop back into cover, cool off, repeat. Adding a bit of duration and a bit more cooldown to such a build played that way isn't going to hurt it. You're going to be throwing as many lasers at once downrange as you can and then slinking off to watch your heat drop anyway. So no, the quirks don't really hurt mechs that are built and played that way.

What they hurt are normal builds for straight fighting. Where lasers are used to support other weapons. You can build an all-laser Stormcrow Prime to meta, and you can build an all-laser Stormcrow Prime NOT to meta. How it's meant to be used is part of the equation. My Prime is all lasers, but you wouldn't look at it at the build and how I play it and think it flows with what some players want nerfed. Nonetheless, it's been downgraded significantly. And so have all my other non-meta TBRs and SCRs that happen to also have lasers somewhere in the build. It hurts me, but not the players building to meta whose tactics were meant to get around the inherit ridiculousness of bringing all-energy builds in the first place.

As an aside, isn't it interesting that most every meta in the game has been about NOT engaging in a stand-up fight?

when clan ac's clearly not as good as an is ac build lasers is all we got to stand on which is mostly been taken away. They should get rid of that burst fire and simply increase the velocity or something and range.

#22 IceHawk00

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 30 posts
  • LocationEllwood City, PA

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:31 PM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 20 May 2015 - 05:57 PM, said:

I dunno... I've been playing CW last couple hours on the Clans side now, and I've asked my fellow clanners, nobody who uses it seems to mind the difference too much... I guess, when you see 25% on things, it sounds like a huge nerf... but, that's less than a second tacked onto the cooldown, and like, a 5th of a second on the duration... it sucks, don't get me wrong. but it's not the armaggeddon that was foretold.

At the same time.... this also helps with heat control :P

Also: THANK GOD! Hotfix for all the crashing! Game has been rock solid for 2-3 weeks now, after update, 4 crashes every 2 hours...

The funniest part about the nerf was it only really hurt my prime variant, I didn't notice any difference in my A, because it's all MPLAS and I scoot out, smack em in the face, then scoot back behind cover to cooldown. However my prime, I use 4ERMLAS as backups, those I notice a difference on with burn time especially, so I may just swap them out for the SPLAS, shorter range, but more damage overall and less heat, shouldn't really notice it there.

I still don't like the nerf though, even for the Stalker, I was always under the impression that mechs were death machines, and certain ones needed to be approached with caution, so I don't like any mech being nerfed. I want my MW2Mercs autocannons for everyone! lmao

#23 Hoaggie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 357 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:32 PM

It's hard enough to get my friends to play this game without it going down as soon as they get home from work.
Are collisions and knockdowns ever going to make a comeback?

#24 tailgunner

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 72 posts
  • LocationGood ole' germany

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:40 PM

View PostHoaggie, on 21 May 2015 - 02:32 PM, said:

It's hard enough to get my friends to play this game without it going down as soon as they get home from work.
Are collisions and knockdowns ever going to make a comeback?

And while we're at it, melee attacks? And a Solaris mode, King of the Hill, Race tracks, collapsible buildings, and ...
This game is still in Beta.

Edited by tailgunner, 21 May 2015 - 02:41 PM.

#25 Hoaggie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 357 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:48 PM

View Posttailgunner, on 21 May 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

And while we're at it, melee attacks? And a Solaris mode, King of the Hill, Race tracks, collapsible buildings, and ...
This game is still in Beta.

Actually, in closed beta they had collisions that did light damage and knockdowns. There were no lights running at out full speed then sliding around you or just glitching through enemy mechs. They got taken out after one of the dev’s got trolled by the goons. Just chain knock downed. After that incident they removed collisions to “fix” them… 2 years later they still aren’t “fixed” yet… but they did start selling $500 mechs and added a 3rd person camera

#26 M A S E

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:12 PM

With the hot fix now in place, the "invalid loadout" bug has returned. Or so at least I think it has.. I haven't seen it in a while until now.

Refresh button anyone? :rolleyes:

Edited by M A S E, 21 May 2015 - 03:13 PM.

#27 S Phoenix

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:34 PM

How about fixing Grim Portico so that people cannot shoot Omega in counterattack from outside the gate (E4 has direct line of fire on the tip of Omega and you cant shoot back)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users