Stop Changing Chat To All Upon Death

1 reply to this topic

#1 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:58 AM

Seriously the amount of times I'm typing, having pressed y and then for it to go out to all upon my death is beyond a joke now, why is it when you keep typing despite pressing y it swaps to all? Why is the default to all?

Edited by Deimos Alpha, 21 May 2015 - 07:07 AM.

#2 Erasmos

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:39 AM

View PostDeimos Alpha, on 21 May 2015 - 05:58 AM, said:

Seriously the amount of times I'm typing, having pressed y and then for it to go out to all upon my death is beyond a joke now, why is it when you keep typing despite pressing y it swaps to all? Why is the default to all?

I was actually planning to start the same topic, except I don't see any reason why the chat has to disappear for any reason, EVER, while a player is typing.

I don't understand anything about game coding, so I'm not going to presume it's easy. All I know is that in the last 10 years of online gaming, MWO is the only game in which I felt so rushed to type, because if I didn't get it all in before something happened, (usually while spectating a player while typing, and they die, or as you said, after the round ends.)

Community-oriented games absolutely require communication interfaces that are at least on-par with the other online games out there, IMO. (To me, this would be more important than ANY nerf change, or new mech design.)

o7

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users